I might be moving temporarily to a place that has no internet - can I connect the storm to the computer (mac and/or pc) to get internet access?
    01-01-09 12:17 PM
    Yes.....It's an additional charge thru Verizon though.
    01-01-09 12:21 PM
    You would have to pay for tethering service in order to do that.
    01-01-09 12:21 PM
    I read on VZW site its free the first month and $15 a month after that..if you're going to only be there a little while maybe just use the free month then cancel?
    01-01-09 12:28 PM
    There is an additional cost. The total cost for both Data and Internet on and ongoing basis is $60 month. But as another response indicates, you can activate internet for only a short period of time if that is all you need.
    01-01-09 12:32 PM
    There is an additional cost. The total cost for both Data and Internet on and ongoing basis is $60 month. But as another response indicates, you can activate internet for only a short period of time if that is all you need.
    Interesting. My unlimited data package from VZW is $29.99, and tethering is $15.00 per month. That is only $45.00 per month which is what I paid when I was a winmo guy. That isn't $60.00, am I missing something?
    01-01-09 01:45 PM
    Yes - tethering will cost you an extra $15.00 a month and you'll have to download verizon's Access Manager.
    01-01-09 01:47 PM
    The data plan and tethering plan now costs you $60 a month no matter what.

If you have the $30 data plan, tethering costs $30.

If you have the $45 data plan, tethering costs $15.

I got a csr to add the $15 t plan to the $30 d plan and it looked like it all worked... until I got my bill. I was charged a total of $60.

Don't take my word. Log into your account at vzw.com and see.

Some ppl may be grandfathered with the $30 + $15 deal. I had it with the curve and lost it with the storm.
    01-01-09 02:18 PM
    The data plan and tethering plan now costs you $60 a month no matter what.

If you have the $30 data plan, tethering costs $30.

If you have the $45 data plan, tethering costs $15.

I got a csr to add the $15 t plan to the $30 d plan and it looked like it all worked... until I got my bill. I was charged a total of $60.

Don't take my word. Log into your account at vzw.com and see.

Some ppl may be grandfathered with the $30 + $15 deal. I had it with the curve and lost it with the storm.
    I believe you. I guess they have a magic number and $60 is it. No worries for me.. I don't plan on tethering until someone develops a winmo like hack.
    01-01-09 02:38 PM
    I believe you. I guess they have a magic number and $60 is it. No worries for me.. I don't plan on tethering until someone develops a winmo like hack.
    There's shark modem for blackberry but I have yet to find anyone that likes it. I didn't like it. I honestly believe they are stealing money.
    01-01-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD