My Storm used to work fine with my laptop whenever I tried it, which wasn't very often.

But I tried it today to get a video off of it (or the card, not sure which, but mass storage IS enabled), and it's not recognized at all. I've tried all USB ports, and a couple cords.

It charges, but doesn't show up as a drive in My Computer, or in Desktop Manager, which I didn't have, but downloaded today.

I've tried everything I can think of... Installed and ran DM as administrator, restarted computer, pulled battery on Storm, tried a couple mass storage fixes I found searching here, nothing works.

Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7.

Thanks.
    12-14-10 08:54 PM
    Check out the info in this KB BlackBerry article:
    KB19717-The BlackBerry smartphone is not detected as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to a computer

You may need to run the linked tool "Calfix.exe" in the Resolution section.
    12-15-10 09:45 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

I've already tried that, and unfortunately, it doesn't work. The PID number is different (in my case it's 0000), and when I try running the tool, it just says something like "Checking bootrom" indefinitely.

In Device Manager, where it shows up as an unknown device, it says all the USB drivers are up to date, so I'm not sure what else to try.
    12-15-10 11:14 AM
    When you connect the Storm to a USB port, does the battery meter bar show a charge icon?
    12-15-10 03:18 PM
    Yes, it seems to charge fine in all USB ports.
    12-15-10 03:57 PM
    I'm not sure what the issue could be then, unless part of the USB socket on the Storm is wacked enough to mess with data but not mess with charging.
    I did have one Storm that was warrantied because it would not charge at all, but I could transfer files and connect to DM.

Did you try connecting it to a different comp? Maybe with Vista or WinXP to see if they will see it. If it doesn't work on one of those, then I would look at either a hardware or OS issue with the Storm.
    12-16-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD