What's all this I hear about the lag on the Storm?

I am really excited. But this might put a dampener on my excitement. I got to test one out yesterday at the Verizon store. It was very slow and laggy. I have a friend who has an iPhone and there is no where near lag like what I saw. I own a Pearl and I am very happy. No lag if you keep at least 11 MB free.

5 seconds for the accelerometer to work?

Choppy scroll performance in the web browser (gray flicker).

I was planning on getting one Friday. I got one of those special Verizon holiday fliers. I even thought about getting to the store two hours before they opened.

I am just a little concerned. From what I hear the Vodaphone was a botched release?

Can people get me excited again? Will the new firmware really be "all that"?
    11-18-08 09:20 PM
    hey man, it will be all that AND! a bag of chips
    11-18-08 09:25 PM
    CX has said from the get-go that the Verizon release will be right.
    11-18-08 09:27 PM
    Stay positive Mr. P!

The test Storm probably had an outdated OS.

Sources (e.g CX) suggest that the OS will be in the .7x's(or more) and I believe that the revisions will smooth things out.

I also believe that VzW's higher-ups have OCD when it come to perfecting a device (hence the delays).

Stay Strong!
    11-18-08 09:31 PM
    I am just concerned 5 days before launch I get a demo that's not very inspiring.
    11-18-08 09:31 PM
    Okay... I will hope for the best... I just hope they give tickets or whatever so I can play with it before I buy!
    11-18-08 09:32 PM
    hearing about and seeing lag in videos, is what has me concerned. =\
    11-18-08 09:34 PM
    What bothers me is the Verizon commercials on TV have instant transitions from portrait to landscape. I have yet to see that in live demos.
    11-18-08 09:36 PM
    Some Tv commercials are CGI. The display on the screen isint the actual display. You could put anything in there, from a bumble bee blowin lines to 3 cats, a wombat and an emu shootin dice. Its all possible with computers
    11-18-08 09:40 PM
    Well.... In the commercial, there is a bullet stating "screen simulated." Try not to base your hopes on that commercial.
    11-18-08 09:42 PM
    I am just stating they are advertising it as a snappy phone, while the actual device I have seen takes five seconds to switch portrait to landscape (some saw three... but even then that's two seconds too much).
    11-18-08 09:46 PM
    I know everyone is trying to keep their hopes up, but I think that many people will be disappointed with the phone's performance come Friday.
    11-18-08 09:52 PM
    I am just stating they are advertising it as a snappy phone, while the actual device I have seen takes five seconds to switch portrait to landscape (some saw three... but even then that's two seconds too much).
    I agree. Even 1 second is too long.
    11-18-08 09:56 PM
    I'm on Vodafone in the UK and I'm not experiencing any lag. From landscape to portrait in 1 second.

Internet good too, as where I live it swaps from 3G to GPRS due to signal.

No issues whatsoever!
    11-19-08 05:32 AM
    I'm on Vodafone in the UK and I'm not experiencing any lag. From landscape to portrait in 1 second.

Internet good too, as where I live it swaps from 3G to GPRS due to signal.

No issues whatsoever!
    ...and this is what keeps me going

If its possible once its possible again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD