Running the .83 OS and there is still tremendous lag to dial. Also if you are on a call and need to enter in numbers (I.E. your bank, verizon, etc) its very laggy there also.

Anyone else find this extremely annoying?
    12-23-08 01:46 PM
    i have found this true also , it got worse with .83 but o well . i never use this phone as a phone any ways lol.. but im sure it will be fixed in the future OS updates.
    12-23-08 01:49 PM
    I sure hope so because I definitely do use my Blackberry as my phone! I mean, at the end of the day, this is supposed to be a phone first!
    12-23-08 01:52 PM
    The only lag that I experience is the numbers that I'm pressing appearing on the screen when I enter my account number for my bank's automated system.

That being said, it doesn't lag in term of the automated system's recognition of what I'm typing, only in the numbers actually appearing on my screen, they seem to get clumped together and appear in bunches
    12-23-08 01:54 PM
    lol... that is up for debate lol
    12-23-08 01:54 PM
    dviddy,

That is exactly what I'm referring to with the lag. It throws you off sometimes thinking its not registering and is very annoying.
    12-23-08 01:56 PM
    i agree, this is one of my top pet peeves with the phone portion of the storm. i hit the green phone button, phone pops up, i hit call log, it sometimes takes about 10 seconds or 3 or four pushes before the log appears. another scenario, i hold down the 1 for voicemail, voicemail attendant comes on, and the keypad is minimized, hit the key pad button, start typing in the 4 digit passcode, and it takes a few seconds for each number to be recognized. scenario three, is answering a phone call, pull the storm out of holster, the device doesn't know what state it should be in and it flips around a couple of times, push the answer button, nothing happens, push it again, then it finally picks up. i hope these annoyances are fixed in an OS update. i'm still on .75
    12-23-08 02:05 PM
    I don't experience a significant delay...I push the number and it pops up immediately. Settings maybe or open programs that are slowing things for you?
    12-23-08 02:33 PM
    Definitely not settings or open programs. It is a known problem with the Storms on every OS.
    12-23-08 02:35 PM
    There is definitely a lag in phone dialing. I never had it with .75. My issue is that when I press a number it sometimes does the speed dial. I find myself having to wait for the dial screen, waiting a few seconds then dialing the number. Battery pulls seem to clear up this problem but heck..why do I need to do a battery pull at all.......its irritating but I still love my Storm!
    12-23-08 02:41 PM
    i agree, this is one of my top pet peeves with the phone portion of the storm. i hit the green phone button, phone pops up, i hit call log, it sometimes takes about 10 seconds or 3 or four pushes before the log appears. another scenario, i hold down the 1 for voicemail, voicemail attendant comes on, and the keypad is minimized, hit the key pad button, start typing in the 4 digit passcode, and it takes a few seconds for each number to be recognized. scenario three, is answering a phone call, pull the storm out of holster, the device doesn't know what state it should be in and it flips around a couple of times, push the answer button, nothing happens, push it again, then it finally picks up. i hope these annoyances are fixed in an OS update. i'm still on .75
    You do know that in the phone options you can enter in your voicemail PIN and it will enter it in automatically when you dial, right? Might not be so useful for other automated phone systems, but for voicemail...
    12-23-08 02:50 PM
    Not experiencing any lag on mine. Press green phne button dial pad pops up instantly, same with dialing numbers, call log & contacts. I guess I must count myself as one of the luck ones, still on original phone and have not experience any real issues. Love the phone and wouldn't change even if it had a lot of the issues others have had.
    12-23-08 02:55 PM
    You are the first person I've heard say they have no lag issues and can use the word "instantly" when referring to the Storm in ANY sentence.
    12-23-08 02:57 PM
    You are the first person I've heard say they have no lag issues and can use the word "instantly" when referring to the Storm in ANY sentence.
    Actually, he was the second one...I just used "immediately" instead of "instantly."

12-23-08 03:28 PM
    Sorry to disagree, but mine has no lag. Actually it was fixed when I upgraded to the leaked .75 and now that I'm on .83, it's very snappy. I will say that depending on which button I use to answer the phone, it does give me a different screen. When I use the green answer button, it gives me a blank screen when in the call. When I use the screen to answer a call it gives me the normal picture ID, duration of call and such.
    12-23-08 03:39 PM
    All three of my 9530's had severe phone dial lag. I have worked on some customers handsets that did not have any lag, but the majority of these phones have a major problem with the lagging keypad while on a call. I really hope that RIM and VZW figure how to fix this issue because it is extremeley annoying.
    12-23-08 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD