For me the failure of Verizon to enable the Storm's Wi-Fi capability is a deal breaker. I truly don't understand why Verizon chooses to hobble the technology it sells to its subscribers.
    12-11-08 01:33 PM
    For me the failure of Verizon to enable the Storm's Wi-Fi capability is a deal breaker. I truly don't understand why Verizon chooses to hobble the technology it sells to its subscribers.
    Do you even know what you are talking about? Read the specs of the device before you post.
    12-11-08 01:35 PM
    Correction: it's not a matter of failing to enable it or hobbling it, it's that the device was not designed with WiFi hardware at all (this is true of all iterations of the Storm, not just the Verizon one).
    12-11-08 01:35 PM
    .........wow..........
    12-11-08 01:36 PM
    I guess some people like to complain about things they have NO idea what they are talking about.
    12-11-08 01:37 PM
    i mean it wouldve been nice to have wifi on the storm. but its not that big of a deal.
    12-11-08 01:38 PM
    i think its stupid that it doesnt have wifi
    12-11-08 01:38 PM
    get a wifi phone then
    12-11-08 01:39 PM
    Why does someone go throught he trouble to join a forum for the sole purpose of creating a post stating that he doesn't like what the forum's about?

Your profile says you have a Curve. Do you like it?

Personally, I can't stand that little pencil-eraser nub of an interface. Hate it.

But, I've never felt the need to go onto the Curve forum and announce how stupid RIM is for disabling the Curve's touchscreen.
    12-11-08 01:39 PM
    Why does someone go throught he trouble to join a forum for the sole purpose of creating a post stating that he doesn't like what the forum's about?

Personally, I can't stand that little pencil-eraser nub of an interface. Hate it.

But, I've never felt the need to go onto the Curve forum and announce how stupid RIM is for disabling the Curve's touchscreen.
    this is one of the more ridiculous posts ive seen

the storm should have wifi and i will never change my mind

i was at a holiday party at a bar in cleveland and once i walked in i saw my bars go to SOS and then no service and then sim card error, i had no service at all.... meanwhile i saw my friends iphone picking up an open wifi signal that they had at the establishment.

and dont say "then get an iphone" because thats a ridiculous argument too. i just want a full featured phone
    12-11-08 01:56 PM
    wait the storm doesn't have wifi? Wow, I never noticed.
    12-11-08 01:58 PM
    Haven't we been through this before 1000 times?

I have had the storm since it came out, and not once have I thought, "Damn, I REALLY wish this thing had wifi". Not one time. Maybe I will soon, but I really can't think of a need for it at the moment.
    12-11-08 01:59 PM
    What's the point of this thread? In my opinion, it isn't serving any value to the rest of the CB community.

The Storm doesn't have WiFi. If that's your break point, then don't get one.
    12-11-08 02:03 PM
    You know what I haven't had for a while? Big league chew....
    12-11-08 02:12 PM
    You know what I haven't had for a while? Big league chew....
    this is one of my favorite threadkilling lines in all of the internets
    12-11-08 02:21 PM

I caught the sacastic humor in this, it had me ROFL.
    12-11-08 02:21 PM
    i walked into a bar one time and took a pic of these two hot chicks making out with my storm and sent to my friends via mms. my other friend with the iphone took a pic then realized he couldnt send a MMS. i like having a full featured phone unlike the iphone. hahaha
    12-11-08 02:31 PM
    What's the point of this thread? In my opinion, it isn't serving any value to the rest of the CB community.

The Storm doesn't have WiFi. If that's your break point, then don't get one.
    The goal, of course, to to let Verizon know that their practice of hobbling technology not acceptable.
    12-11-08 02:33 PM
    The goal, of course, to to let Verizon know that their practice of hobbling technology not acceptable.
    well it would to better posting on verizon forums or writing them a letter. i doubt they care about crackberry.com
    12-11-08 02:34 PM
    i walked into a bar one time and took a pic of these two hot chicks making out with my storm and sent to my friends via mms. my other friend with the iphone took a pic then realized he couldnt send a MMS. i like having a full featured phone unlike the iphone. hahaha
    Um....post in the wallpaper section please...
    12-11-08 02:36 PM
    Hey Numnuts. Do you not understand the fact that you can't hobble what isn't there? RIM produced the phone without WiFi. Case closed.

And like one of the previous posters stated, I've had the phone for 3 weeks and not once have I had a moment where I needed WiFi.
    12-11-08 02:37 PM
    Um....post in the wallpaper section please...

wish i could i was just making fun of the iphone lovers story.
    12-11-08 02:39 PM
    Actually, Verizon did hobble the Storm.

[URL="http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/10/31/the-real-reason-the-blackberry-storm-doesnt-have-wi-fi-or-tri-band-hsdpa/"]
    12-11-08 02:41 PM
    dumb post! who cares about the wifi- like many said before get a wifi phone then.
    as far as im concerned anyone who is upset with a phone like this is crazy! theyll always be something that you want thats not on your latest phone- do you crazies understand that? youll never have a perfect anything!!! i happen to think that most every phone sucks and then there are some that are okay because there is not an all in one phone and never will be!
    12-11-08 02:54 PM
    I'm going to have to side with most of the people in here. This is a completely useless thread. I don't understand why you would come in here and post this. Why the **** am I answering it?!

...Where the **** am I?!

And who them kids Hook got?!
    12-11-08 03:01 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD