Everyone knows about the verizon/alltel merger (which I can't wait for it to happen so I can get my storm).

My question is though; Can they start changing everything over to vz's network before FCC approval? Or do they have to wait for approval before they do any change overs? The reason I ask is that I have had (as well as some co-workers) some funky things going on with my phone the past couple of weeks. Things like my phone ringing and saying its someone on my contact list, but it being someone different whom I don't know. Also earlier today I lost a call only to have my phone start dialing out (my phone isn't set up with automatic call back).

Its probably just me getting my hopes up that the merger happens in oh, the next 30 days or so and I'm able to get a storm when it comes out!
    10-12-08 01:59 PM
    The merger by all indications will not be finalized and approved until near Christmas. As for merging you to VZW that will not happen until my guess is a few months after the completion of the deal. I would think no sooner than March or April before you will be able to grab the Storm.
    10-12-08 02:48 PM
    yeah, alltell has to legally act as it is (its own entity) until the merger is official, and i don't even think until well after the merger will they start reconstructing aspects that ur talking about or screwing with other things, so it may just be ur phone or ur connection
    10-12-08 03:13 PM
    The merger by all indications will not be finalized and approved until near Christmas. As for merging you to VZW that will not happen until my guess is a few months after the completion of the deal. I would think no sooner than March or April before you will be able to grab the Storm.
    MARCH OR APRIL!?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't think I'll be able to wait that long
    10-12-08 03:24 PM
    Just do like I am. Selling my curve to pay etf and getting the storm the day it comes out no verizon in our area but talked to verizon rep selling me the storm and he said no problem with "roaming" can't wait!! Then shortly after we will be verizon anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 03:33 PM
    Just do like I am. Selling my curve to pay etf and getting the storm the day it comes out no verizon in our area but talked to verizon rep selling me the storm and he said no problem with "roaming" can't wait!! Then shortly after we will be verizon anyway

Thats an idea, but I don't know if I wanna shell out that much $$$$. Especially with my wife gettin ready to pop out a baby in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by ThePerfectStorm; 10-12-08 at 04:02 PM.
    10-12-08 03:39 PM
    Congrats on the baby. Just had one too yeah I gotta change my # too but doesn't bother me.

10-12-08 03:58 PM
    Thanks and congrats to you too
    10-12-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD