Every so often while I am typing, whether it is a text message or a web site, while I am typing the keypad goes away and i end up hitting something on the screen which takes me to a place i don't want to be. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it. I have done plenty of battery pulls, I'm upgraded to .75 (it did this when i had .65 so it isn't either OS) I'm not sure what else to do. Help would be great.

Thanks
    12-07-08 01:16 AM
    are you swiping your fingers down? that will hide it, swipe up and it returns
    12-07-08 01:17 AM
    2nd this issue, happens when im in BBM.. a real burner..

so changing the swipe level should that help? and do u go up number or down number?
    12-07-08 01:17 AM
    This happens probably 10 times to me a day. It's not too big of an issue for me, but it can get annoying.
    12-07-08 01:18 AM
    No I've made sure that i haven't been swiping down. I figured that at first but i noticed it happens even when i don't go from letters at the top to ones at the bottom. It's not a huge issue, I can get by without it being resolved, just wondering if there is something wrong or that can be fixed just to speed stuff along and not have it be an issue
    12-07-08 01:23 AM
    try .76, maybe it fixes it.
    12-07-08 01:25 AM
    I'm running .76 and I still run into that problem. What bugs me is the baggy keyboard. As I'm typing now in he browser the blue glow is just now a distraction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 01:46 AM
    it happens to me but it's usually when i press a button along the top row and i just though i was pressing outside of the keyboard field causing the keyboard to hide.
    12-07-08 01:50 AM
    I'll keep all this info in mind next time it happens. It most likely is me doing it. Thanks everyone.
    12-07-08 10:45 AM
    It only happens to me when I am REALLY hauling *** while typing, otherwise I do not have the problem, and its maybe, 1 out of every 10 times I am typing...
    12-07-08 10:52 AM
    yea i hate that, it does only happen when im flying through text. im not sure what im hitting! that and i always seem to hit the symbol key when going fast near space bar. The swipe doesnt always work , sometimes i have to do it a few times.
    12-07-08 10:58 AM
    This is happening to me as well. Like another user said, it happens when I'm typing really fast. I'm not swiping down across the keyboard, but it is annoying. It also seems to be happening more frequently since I upgraded to .75 on Friday. It happened about 5 times while typing one email that was about 20 lines long.
    12-07-08 11:02 AM
    Happens on both of my Storms using all of the differents s/w versions available.
    12-07-08 11:02 AM
    Happens to me too, very very annoying. I thought it was just something I was doing wrong. Glad to see a thread on it! Makes me feel better that it is a common issue.
    12-07-08 01:04 PM
    im a 9500 user have not had this issue, anyother vodafone user with this problem
    12-07-08 01:27 PM
    this also happens to me . glad to see im not the only one with this problem. also, when im typing sometimes the screen goes into symbols mode and i have to switch back before i start typing a hieroglyphic message of sorts lol

very annoying ....
    12-07-08 01:48 PM
    this happens ALL the time.. it is so annoying. Also, sometimes the cursor jumps back in the text randomly and my typing continues in the middle of a previous word.. i never clicked off the keyboard.

probably partly user error.. but still come on.
    12-07-08 01:59 PM
    it happens to me but it's usually when i press a button along the top row and i just though i was pressing outside of the keyboard field causing the keyboard to hide.
    I believe this is ultimately the reason for the closing keyboard. If you have the keyboard and type outside (above) the keyboard will hide. I also use the swiping finger trick to open and close the keyboard which is a lifesaver...
    12-07-08 02:00 PM
    I d/k as I don't have a Storm(yet!) but having read literally hundreds of threads about the Storm, could it be that some of y'all made those keyboard changes way back when it first came out to speed up the keying? Now with the upgrades(.75/.76), maybe the keyboard is too sensitive?
    12-07-08 02:06 PM
    this happens ALL the time.. it is so annoying. Also, sometimes the cursor jumps back in the text randomly and my typing continues in the middle of a previous word.. i never clicked off the keyboard.

This happens to me all the time. Very annoying.
    12-07-08 02:11 PM
    I was having this problem too and determined that,even though I didn't think so, I actually was swiping accidentally. Lowering the swipe sensitivity fixed it for me. Unless I accidentally click out of the keyboard when clicking the top row.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 03:26 PM

this happens to me all the time and even more so now after i've applied the torx screen click fix.
    12-07-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD