I was just curious, what settings do you use for your keyboard settings "tap interval" "hover period" and "swipe sensitivity" ? I've been trying different settings but none seems to work for me. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:26 PM
    Do a search for 'tap interval' and you will find lots of posts regarding this. I didn't change my from default and I am happy.
    02-16-09 07:11 PM
    I'm running 200 - 100 - (High) 6

Try it out, see what ya think.
    02-16-09 07:18 PM
    100 100 6 for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:36 PM
    Here is some information taken directly from the BB site that defines tap interval, hover period, and swipe sensitivity.

Tap Interval

Tap Interval, measured in milliseconds, refers to the maximum amount of time that can elapse between each consecutive tap in a double-tap or triple-tap gesture. In this way, Tap Interval is very similar to double-click speed on a computer. For example, if Tap Interval is set to 100 milliseconds, a second tap must land within 100 milliseconds of the first tap for it to be successfully recognized as a double-tap gesture.

Hover Period

Hover Period is also measured in milliseconds. Hover Period determines the amount of time you need to touch the screen, without clicking it, for a hover event. For example, if this is set to 500 milliseconds then you must touch the screen for 500 milliseconds before it is recognized as a hover event.

Swipe Sensitivity

Swipe Sensitivity changes the responsiveness for swipe events when sliding your finger on the screen. For example, setting this field to 6 will make it easier to show or hide the keyboard or to go from picture to picture using a swipe of the finger.
    02-19-09 02:25 PM
    Thanks skiff - I've been getting annoyed by my keyboard's tendency to throw a period in mid-sentence and capitalize the next letter. Looks like I may need to adjust hover setting.
    02-19-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD