OK, first off Im trying to be patient and open minded, I understand that it takes awhile to get used to the Storm and it's keyboard but Im having some serious doubts about this phone.

I have a couple "friends" that I text to ALOT and everytime Im typing something out half the time the letter that I press doesn't show up or the letter next to it pops up on the screen regardless of how careful I am when Im typing.

I read quite a bit on the board before I decided to create this post and it appears some have put a folded up business card and placed it behind their back cover and their battery which I tried and noticed no difference. I did change the tap interval, the hover settings and the keyboard sensitivity which helped a little bit but not nearly enough.

Last night the family got together for dinner so I tried to take some pictures with the phone and it crashed on my twice, after the second time I turned the phone off and put it away and thought this is nonsense, tomorrow (Monday) the phone goes back.

Like I said Im really trying to be patient and understanding but my my patients is running thin and Im about ready to return this phone and get an LG Dare.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Tug
    12-22-08 11:24 AM
    You can do a battery pull once in awhile. It clears out some of the nonsence that you might run into with the phone. Also, if you have another finger touching the screen when you go to type, it wont register the key when you press it. Its hard to answer this because I havent rean into that problem.

Just remember, when you type with it sideways as a full QWERTY, keep each thumb on its side. Type letters more to the right with your right thumb and letters more to the left with yoru left thumb. It seems they built the OS like that when you type. Give it time my man. I had mine for well over a week, almost 2 now and messed with it everyday. I havent had many problems. Besure to click on it softly then real hard. It will keep the hardware a lot better in the long run. Good luck!
    12-22-08 11:40 AM

Like I said Im really trying to be patient and understanding but my my patients is running thin and Im about ready to return this phone and get an LG Dare.
    Sounds to me like you just want a touchscreen... The Dare may be better for you if a touchscreen is the only reason you want the phone. Not to mention, saving 30 bucks a month for the BB plan.
    12-22-08 11:43 AM
    Thanks fore the quick responses, to be honest all I do is text, talk and every once in awhile send an MMS file on my phone. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, as long as it does those three things I cool.
    Last edited by tug_slug; 12-22-08 at 12:06 PM.
    12-22-08 12:03 PM
    I think you probably want a hard keyboard like that featured on the enV2
    12-22-08 12:09 PM
    Thanks fore the quick responses, to be honest with you all I do is text, talk and every once in awhile send an MMS file on my phone. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, as long as it does those three things I cool.
    The Dare or Omnia (5mp camera) is probably better for you, or if the virtual keyboard is an issue you could try a Glyde, Voyager, or Envy and save yourself some dough on the monthly bill.
    12-22-08 12:12 PM
    I'd hesitate in recommending the Omnia. Their touchscreen is even worse (subjective, I know, but that's the way I felt) than the one on the Storm.

Incredibly small keys on the screen. Haptic feedback helps a bit but not enough. And I'm talking about the landscape keyboard.

The portrait mode is a joke if you're trying to run the full QWERTY.
    12-22-08 12:22 PM
    do you use your storm for email, sms, etc? if so, why not go with the curve if you want a full qwerty keyboard and all of the business blackberry goodness?
    12-22-08 12:31 PM
    I was gonna recommend the Curve also. I have 3 associates with the dare and they have decided to get the Storm they feel that the keyboard on the Storm is much better. Play a lot of word mole you will get better at pressing the keys.
    12-22-08 12:38 PM
    Just got back from Verizon, the phones defective. Whenever I try to scroll it doesn't respond, same goes for when I typing out a text message. There's times when I press on a letter it doesn't show up on the screen, once I duplicated the problem for the sales assistant he said the phone was definitely defective and ordered me a new one. FYI I checked out the LG Dare, while it looked like a good phone I couldn't see myself downgrading from the Storm

Thanks for all your help

Tug
    12-22-08 02:09 PM
    Received the replacement Storm late yesterday (Tuesday), the difference between the old and new one are like night and day. There's still a little lag but it's not nearly as bad as it was.

Life is good!!
    12-24-08 05:33 PM
    Have you set the following:
    Intervals Tap and Hover to 100
    Sensitivity High 6
    12-24-08 05:39 PM
    The lag in the storm, is it a service provider issue or the OS?? I am currently on the waiting list for the Storm. Choice was Iphone (mac user) or the Storm. Not keen on changing service provider so Storm it is.
    Any info on the Storm will me and others to set it right. I suppose the touch screen keyboard will be learning curve.

zimer
    12-24-08 10:31 PM
    Zimer, I've got both phones and IMO while the Storm is a good phone the keyboard IMO leaves a lot to be desired for.
    12-25-08 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD