When trying to reply to an email, the "show keyboard" button will not bring up the keyboard. I looked in the manual, and what a sh*tty manual to come with a phone. It really tells you nothing at all. Is there some way that the keyboard could get locked and not the phone itself? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something you can do to make the keyboard appear, or is it a malfuntion of the phone in which it would need to be taken to verizon? Thanks!
    01-26-09 08:06 PM
    bump......
    01-26-09 08:14 PM
    anyone??
    01-26-09 08:27 PM
    Do the opposite of how to hide the keyboard. Just do a quick swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen to make the keyboard show. If this doesn't work, just close the email and from the messages folder try to use the show keyboard option to see if it will show.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:28 PM
    Do the opposite of how to hide the keyboard. Just do a quick swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen to make the keyboard show. If this doesn't work, just close the email and from the messages folder try to use the show keyboard option to see if it will show.

The quick swipe upwards from the screen where I type the message? I am on the screen that the actual email is on, and have already clicked "reply"...then I click the button that shows the picture of the keyboard, and it does nothing.
    01-26-09 08:36 PM
    You can do it on any screen that allows the keyboard. Start at the very bottom of the glass and do a quick swipe upwards. I find it easy to do if from the very middle of bottom of the screen.

01-26-09 08:38 PM
    Also, when on her aol icon in the menu, when I hit the menu button and actually select "show keyboard" it does nothing.
    01-26-09 08:42 PM
    Do a battery pull and try again. Sometimes the device just needs a restart to work properly again.

01-26-09 08:44 PM
    ok turning back on now. If this doesn't work, is it a malfunction of the phone and should she take it to verizon?
    01-26-09 08:51 PM
    ah, that worked. Thank you so much!!
    01-26-09 08:54 PM
    I'm glad that the battery pull worked for you.

01-26-09 09:00 PM
    I didn't pick up which BB you have. On my Storm, I have my left convenience key wired to my virtual KYBD. There are so many styles of websites, each treating their KYBDs differently, and so a KYBD is always either needed or not. One lefty button push solves this nicely for me ! Plus, my fingers don't always do what I want them to, and again my lefty helps. I will give up this use of my left convenience key when, in a future release, RIM implements a thought entry channel or makes Vlingo more powerful !

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-26-09 at 11:01 PM.
    01-26-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD