My Strom quite displaying the keyboard! I sent a SMS then pick it up a few minutes later and there is no trace of a keyboard or number pad. If I compose a message the space for the keyboard is there but blank, same with making a call.

I have rebooted twice with no change. Has anyone else had this happen and if so what is the fix?
    03-19-09 10:02 PM
    My Strom quite displaying the keyboard! I sent a SMS then pick it up a few minutes later and there is no trace of a keyboard or number pad. If I compose a message the space for the keyboard is there but blank, same with making a call.

I have rebooted twice with no change. Has anyone else had this happen and if so what is the fix?
    Do you have a backup on your computer? What O/S are you using?
    03-19-09 10:09 PM
    No backup and I think the O/S is v4.7.0.76, but I am not sure if what I am looking at is the O/S info. I'm totally new to these devices....
    03-19-09 10:39 PM
    by rebooting do you mean you turned it off and then back on or did you pull the battery and then put it back in?
    If you did the former then I suggest you try the latter.
    03-19-09 10:44 PM
    did u try...

bb button> show keyboard

?
    03-19-09 10:45 PM
    did u try...

bb button> show keyboard

?
    It doesn't show 'keyboard' in the menu either, no matter where you open the menu.

I'm trying the battery pull now...
    03-19-09 10:47 PM
    It doesn't show 'keyboard' in the menu either, no matter where you open the menu.

I'm trying the battery pull now...
    Oh you didn't do a pull? That will almost certainly fix it. A battery pull is considered a reboot.
    03-19-09 10:49 PM
    Oh you didn't do a pull? That will almost certainly fix it. A battery pull is considered a reboot.
    Battery pulled and keyboard is back. From now on I will 'reboot' before I freak out lol.

Thanks for the help.
    03-19-09 10:59 PM
    Battery pulled and keyboard is back. From now on I will 'reboot' before I freak out lol.

Thanks for the help.
    Glad it worked!
    03-19-09 11:07 PM

Thanks for the help.
    Almost always a good default fix for most. Had the very opposite problem a couple times. But no matter what my keyboard wouldn't go away lol. Same fix goes for Windows....if it screws up....kill the power like three times and it will work later.
    03-19-09 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD