I was just getting used to the storm2 keyboard (got this thing last week) and all of a sudden my keyboard went berserk. Keys that I were trying to type would be highlighted by a key clear across the other side of the keyboard or 3 keys in a group would be highlighted. I had to reboot and now everything is ok. I really hope that this isn't something that is common. I am also on .607 if that makes a difference.

Does this happen to you? I checked to see if it was the newest hardware version as I did see the article that verizon was replacing older models because of the screen and I do have the latest one. I'm pretty sure that I'll be keeping this unless the keyboard going nuts happens a lot more within my 30 days of purchase.
    04-25-10 02:00 AM
    I'd say it's an isolated incident with 607. I'm sure it'll happen again just not soon. Haha. So until the next release .... :P but still, it's a software issue for sure. Ride it out or downgrade to a more stable better OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 03:01 AM
    It keeps happening and rebooting no longer gets rid of the problem. I'm going to downgrade and see if that works. If not I'm within my 30 day window from purchase.

I've been using a blackberry for the past 4 years and never had problems with them other than the browser being slow and almost unusable. I really hope that the rumors about the release the tour2/bold on may 1st is true in case I need to return it. One thing I'll miss is the huge screen on the S2.
    04-25-10 03:50 PM
    The software for this handset is junk.

04-25-10 04:18 PM
    While I've not heard anything regarding the specific issue you're addressing, there have been other keyboard issues related to .607 (and, with the sticking key issue, the previous, official OS). Mine has been working perfectly since .607, though I have some other issues, just not "deal killers." I'm hoping for a new OS soon (though, not holding my breath).

You may well have to do a wipe and reinstall the OS, that may help you. There are many threads here that will tell you how to do that, but if you're new to the whole thing, go ahead and give VZW Tech support a call and they can walk you through it, step by step, no problem at all.
    04-25-10 04:54 PM
    While I've not heard anything regarding the specific issue you're addressing, there have been other keyboard issues related to .607 (and, with the sticking key issue, the previous, official OS). Mine has been working perfectly since .607, though I have some other issues, just not "deal killers." I'm hoping for a new OS soon (though, not holding my breath).

You may well have to do a wipe and reinstall the OS, that may help you. There are many threads here that will tell you how to do that, but if you're new to the whole thing, go ahead and give VZW Tech support a call and they can walk you through it, step by step, no problem at all.
    I'm new to the S2, but not bb devices. I'm going to downgrade and see if that helps.
    04-25-10 05:02 PM
    The software for this handset is junk.

Thanks for contributing. You are quickly becoming a troll, going to every thread and saying this OS or the phone is junk. Funny how you were singing its praises not too long ago. If you have something constructive to add, please do...otherwise, go to the android forums and stay there.
    04-25-10 08:04 PM
    If your hands are moist or your bb screen is in a humid area, that causes the keyboard to go beserk. Happens to me all the time after a shower or very hot day outside.
    04-25-10 08:07 PM
    This is an issue I have had as well. I went into the Verizon store and they suggested it could be an app. Then I went over and reproduced the issue on their display.

Here is how I can predictably make it happen. In portrait with sure type enabled put one thumb on the "as" and one thumb on the space bar. Don't actually press either but rapidly highlight each one alternately by moving your thumbs on and off the screen. While doing this watch the lower left "!?123" button. It will randomly highlight even though neither finger is anywhere near it.
    If this actually happens while typing (which it does) it causes the lower left button to register a click anddactivates the number pad. Big PITA. I'm downgrading when I get the time.

04-25-10 08:11 PM
    I can confirm this, but on the S1. It if kinda tricky to get the results, but it does happen occasionally (fast tapping, but once per ten seconds). The only think I can think of is when you touch bot at EXACTLY the same time, or close enough that it confuses the system.
    tho I usually do one-hand typing when I'm in portrait mode.
    04-25-10 08:45 PM
    Yep, noticed the same thing. Her sig used to be something along the lines of "loving my Storm 2" which then changed to something along the lines of it being "a piece of junk." Now, that's gone, too. C'mon, make up your mind!

Thanks for contributing. You are quickly becoming a troll, going to every thread and saying this OS or the phone is junk. Funny how you were singing its praises not too long ago. If you have something constructive to add, please do...otherwise, go to the android forums and stay there.
    04-25-10 08:56 PM
    This used to happen to me sometimes. It would also not allow me to click. I thought it was because my hands were sweaty but I think it was jut the Storm.

04-25-10 09:16 PM
    This used to happen to me sometimes. It would also not allow me to click. I thought it was because my hands were sweaty but I think it was jut the Storm.

It only happens to me when my fingers are sweaty or when it's humid outside.
    04-25-10 11:21 PM
    If your hands are moist or your bb screen is in a humid area, that causes the keyboard to go beserk. Happens to me all the time after a shower or very hot day outside.
    I live in vegas and it's very dry here, but you might be right about the heat. I've only had this problem for the past two days and the temperature has gone up from 60's to 80's when the problem first started so my fingers could be a little more sweaty. I really hope that the bold/tour2 is released in the next week. I love the big screen and the keyboard is ok when it's not going nuts on me, but I can't live with it going crazy throughout the summer months. Downgrading didn't help.
    Last edited by mazinkaiser; 04-26-10 at 05:30 AM.
    04-26-10 02:21 AM
    Just curious as to why you don't return it for a new one, especially if it's only been a week. You have 30 days with Verizon to exchange for a new one and then it's replacements after that.
    04-26-10 07:17 AM
    Lately, my keyboard has just had trouble deciding whether to appear or not. Very frustrating to have to delete an entire conversation simply to be able to use the keyboard again. :sigh:
    04-26-10 10:21 AM
    Just curious as to why you don't return it for a new one, especially if it's only been a week. You have 30 days with Verizon to exchange for a new one and then it's replacements after that.
    Because the problems started only a few days ago and I know that the bold and the incredible will be out soon.
    04-26-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD