I took a bit of a look in the search and couldn't find anything on this...

Has anyone else had issues with the keyboard closing itself as they're typing? I'm hoping it isn't just me...

As I'm typing away, I think I hit something at the bottom or the side of the keyboard, usually when I'm trying to type a space. Whatever it is that I do, it causes the keyboard to close as I'm trying to write an email and it's quite annoying.

Any solutions? Is this something that changes with software? I'm on Verizon at .75, I'll be updating when the next official release comes out.
    01-15-09 11:34 AM
    Do you type relatively quick? If you do, you're probably unknowingly performing the downswipe motion, which is a way to close the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 11:42 AM
    Do you type relatively quick? If you do, you're probably unknowingly performing the downswipe motion, which is a way to close the keyboard.

Thats what I was thinking.

A good way to test it is the next time that happens, do an upward swipe from the bottom to about the middle of the screen. If it comes up again, there is your answer.
    01-15-09 11:45 AM
    I do type pretty quickly...

Maybe I'll try lifting my thumbs more so I'm not downswiping...Thanks!
    01-15-09 11:46 AM
    I've noticed something similar, I'll be msging in landscape and I guess im going really fast and a menu pops up like, send email, mms, etc. Is this also some kind of shortcut that I might be accidentally doing?
    01-15-09 11:58 AM
    same thing happens to me Hanano17
    01-15-09 12:00 PM
    If you have .75 OS, this is a known issue and been discussed. It happens if you type quickly. This was solved with the .8x software versions I believe as I have not seen this in a while.
    01-15-09 12:00 PM
    Actually, I have .86 on mine, not sure about rydeordie, and it happens. Hopefully its a software thing or me typing too fast.
    01-15-09 12:04 PM
    I just went to .86 and this is happening on my phone now, it didnt on .83. Ill be typing and then the send/close.... menu shows up, randomly but often. If this was a bug in .75 it appears to be back, at least on my phone. I hope its fixes in the next version, but .86 has this problem.

Any suggestions? are others on .86 having this problem?
    01-16-09 10:24 PM
    I see this from time to time as well but I have figured it to be from hitting above the keyboard on the screen which causes the keyboard to disappear.

01-16-09 10:48 PM
    I used to make the keyboard disappear because I didn't pick up my thumbs but lately i notice that the menu appears as i type...I guess im too fast
    01-16-09 11:11 PM
    If you have .75 OS, this is a known issue and been discussed. It happens if you type quickly. This was solved with the .8x software versions I believe as I have not seen this in a while.
    Well that explains it for me. I'm running .75 & it happens to me a lot. I figured it was because I typed pretty quickly and I was swiping down & up (disappears and sometimes returns) while typing.
    01-16-09 11:12 PM
    It also happened to me. I lowered my screen settings to 100, 100, 300 and the problem went away.

01-16-09 11:44 PM
    Happens to me pretty often on my original storm and the replacement i received this week. I'm using .75 OS and I type fairly quick on it. I just figure my thumbs are making the downward hide keyboard motion in there somehow.
    01-16-09 11:51 PM
    It happens to me all the time. I posted a thread about this. Although I DO NOT swip my finger up or down to make it dissapear or re apear. It just happens and seems to be a glitch. I have 75 also
    01-16-09 11:51 PM
    I have the random send/close menu pop up too and it I quite annoying especially since I have on more than one occasion sent a text message before I was finished. Has happened on every single OS I have had and I have had all of them. I'm on .86 right now.

01-17-09 12:31 AM
    Its definitely a glitch I type fast but Iknow I am not swiping down yet it still disappears

01-17-09 03:58 AM
    Happens to me from time to time, especially if I'm typing fast which I do

01-17-09 05:36 AM
    Happens to me from time to time, especially if I'm typing fast which I do

Happens to me all the time, made a thread about it awhile ago and everyone said I was swiping the keyboard downward
    Glad to see its not just me

01-17-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD