That article reeked of a desperate measure to try and patch up the already broken and battered image of the Storm. Strictly damage control..............

Either Kevin has a custom made one of a kind Storm running a totally new OS or I call bull poops. I'm leaning toward the latter : )

My bull poops detection meter just jumped into the red zone.............

Last edited by cereal killer; 02-02-09 at 03:23 PM.
    02-02-09 03:10 PM
    You have a curve. I use mines the same exact way so I can relate to this article. I'm never near a computer so I use it for all these things and it never fails

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 03:16 PM
    Why is it that you insist on continually bashing the phone?

I get you don't like the Storm, I got that notion months ago and since then you've made approximately 548 other posts continually bashing the phone.

You don't like it, we get it. Why insist on continually ranting about it?

Get a life man, let it go. You don't even have the phone so I really don't get why you complain about it as much as you do.

You complain more than the folks who do actually own the Storm and hate it.

Grow up and get a life. In the end its only a damn phone that costs an incredibly insignificant fraction of most users' monthly income.
    02-02-09 03:17 PM
    I use my storm more than my computer most days. I work with offices spread around the world and my phone has to be able to perform many of the functions of my laptop, fortunately the storm shines when I decide to put it to task, if it didn't I wouldn't still have it.
    02-02-09 03:22 PM
    I agree with the writer's assessment.

A fantastic all-in-one device.
    02-02-09 03:27 PM

I get you don't like the Storm, I got that notion months ago and since then you've made approximately 548 other posts continually bashing the phone.

Get a life man, let it go. You don't even have the phone so I really don't get why you complain about it as much as you do.

Grow up and get a life. In the end its only a damn phone that costs an incredibly insignificant fraction of most users' monthly income.

x2. I agree totally.
    02-02-09 03:32 PM

Think about it. If you really hated it that much, you'd spout off and then you would leave.

The fact that CK insists on posting here continually means he/she really really really really really wants one. And just happens to be stuck with the Curve.

I take it as a compliment.
    02-02-09 03:35 PM
    This is a rant not an attack on CK. If you want to rave about the Storm go ahead. If you want to agree and/or rant go ahead but let's not get into personal attacks again please.

This thread is about the Storm.

02-02-09 03:52 PM
    i call bs on cereal's bs. no way his attention span is long enough to read that article.

the one thing gary didn't mention was what os he was using. nice article though.
    Last edited by BzB; 02-02-09 at 03:58 PM.
    02-02-09 03:54 PM
    CK is a known troll. It would be in your best interest to ignore him, and in his best interest to GTFO out of the storm subsection.

And before he even retorts to that message, YOU ARE A TROLL. Not liking something is your opinion, but when you hang around in an area where other users DO like it, or are trying to learn new ways to use it, YOU ARE TROLLING by constantly showing up and dropping your opinion every five seconds (IE: Storm is gay, Curve is awesome).

As fecurtis above said, we get it.. you don't like it.. Good job, now get out and don't come back.
    02-02-09 04:37 PM
    This is a rant not an attack on CK. If you want to rave about the Storm go ahead. If you want to agree and/or rant go ahead but let's not get into personal attacks again please.

You are right. I apologize.

To reiterate, I agree with everything written in the article. The Storm is certainly not fit for everyone but works well as an all-in-one device that can do a great number of tasks more than adequately.

For those who do an enormous amount of typing, it's obvious a hardware keyboard is the way to go.

For those who read more email than respond, and for those who enjoy a simpler Internet browsing experience (I know there are those that LOOOOVE their trackballs. I maintain a finger is just more intuitive for web surfing. Obviously flick scrolling will go very far in optimizing this already stellar experience), the Storm is fantastic.

Adding any multimedia exposure involving video playback makes the Storm a winner (for me at least)
    02-02-09 04:40 PM
    Regardless if you like the phone or not this is where RIM is going. There are plenty of people that can agree entirely with this article. If you love your Blackberry (Storm or otherwise) support the company that makes the phone you love. Nothing is perfect out of the gate. That what we are for. Loyal users who test\use these devices creates a perfect product that, yes, one day you will enjoy.
    02-02-09 04:51 PM
    That article reeked of a desperate measure to try and patch up the already broken and battered image of the Storm. Strictly damage control..............

Either Kevin has a custom made one of a kind Storm running a totally new OS or I call bull poops. I'm leaning toward the latter : )

My bull poops detection meter just jumped into the red zone.............

CK, we all know you are a Storm Hater. Normally, your posts are humorus and you are allowed your opinion even though you do not have a Storm. This post, however, I feel is totally uncalled for and wrong. To question the writer's integrity is totally off base. He has done multiple reviews of other BB products before. Why question him now? You are letting your hate get in the way on this one I am afraid. Shame on you.
    02-02-09 05:45 PM

No its not. It's about you questioning the integrity and honesty of an article.

So yeah take your own advice, no personal attacks.
    02-02-09 05:47 PM
    Yes I am questioning the honesty and integrity of the article. Thats wrong? It reads like a bullet point list and I simply do not buy it. I don't know the author and there is nothing wrong with questioning ones motivations. To me it comes at a convenient time when the news is now out EVERYWHERE (including the street) on the woes of the Storm. I question things I read.

I also find it interesting that when David Pogue wrote an article bashing the Storm people were sure to quickly rise up and call him some very colorful names along with question the integrity of his article and his motivations. That was ok. YET when I question integrity and motivations of this particular article I am labeled a hater and a troll. Change this article to an iPhone and leave my comments the same it would be met with "yeah I agree" "what a load of bs" "yeah this Gary is an Apple fanboy" etc etc. I find the mindset in here.......lets just say.......interesting.
    02-02-09 06:41 PM
    Why would you question the author?

He freely admits he wouldn't like using the Storm as his only everyday smartphone.

Everything else he mentions are items I do daily with my Storm. And it eats it up with aplomb.
    02-02-09 06:53 PM
    Ck. We would value your thoughts and opinions more if you actually had the storm... Its like me complaining about a car I don't own or a movie I haven't seen. While you are entitled to your opinion it will not get much respect

02-02-09 07:03 PM
    Well, personally, CK i don't mind your opinion. But when I read that article i felt it was good other people were getting the same results i was from my storm. Also, i can see where your coming from...but this author could also cause strain on the storm as well. People could read that and be like WTF why is my storm the opposite. I mean posting this on Crackberry.com is one thing, if it is was posted on CNN.com then i may lean more your way
    02-02-09 07:04 PM
    Ck. We would value your thoughts and opinions more if you actually had the storm... Its like me complaining about a car I don't own or a movie I haven't seen. While you are entitled to your opinion it will not get much respect

Well, that's true too
    02-02-09 07:13 PM
    Why would you question the author?

First nicky thank you for at least being civil. Like me or not : )

I question Gary because the article seems contrived. I was waiting for him to tell the reader that he was doing some home renovating and he didn't have a level to install his bookshelves but voila! he happened to get the "level App" on crackberry and the install went flawless.

Again the article felt contrived..............
    02-02-09 07:43 PM
    First nicky thank you for at least being civil. Like me or not : )

I question Gary because the article seems contrived. I was waiting for him to tell the reader that he was doing some home renovating and he didn't have a level to install his bookshelves but voila! he happened to get the "level App" on crackberry and the install went flawless.

Again the article felt contrived..............
    Believe it or not, I felt sorry for you

I believe you can look at the article with some skepticism. (Similar to how others look at me when I tell you I have truly had a hitch-free experience with my Storm, OS .75)

But you may have crossed the line in saying the author was feeding us BS. I think that may be why others jumped on you.
    02-02-09 07:52 PM
    Don't feed the troll guys. :P CK's just a twit who has nothing better to do with his time that insult things he doesn't have and the admin of the site. With luck, he'll get his bum banned.
    02-02-09 08:03 PM
    Yes I am questioning the honesty and integrity of the article. Thats wrong? It reads like a bullet point list and I simply do not buy it. I don't know the author and there is nothing wrong with questioning ones motivations. To me it comes at a convenient time when the news is now out EVERYWHERE (including the street) on the woes of the Storm. I question things I read.

I also find it interesting that when David Pogue wrote an article bashing the Storm people were sure to quickly rise up and call him some very colorful names along with question the integrity of his article and his motivations. That was ok. YET when I question integrity and motivations of this particular article I am labeled a hater and a troll. Change this article to an iPhone and leave my comments the same it would be met with "yeah I agree" "what a load of bs" "yeah this Gary is an Apple fanboy" etc etc. I find the mindset in here.......lets just say.......interesting.
    I questioned that article? News to me. This is a Blackberry enthusiast webpage not the NYT. Besides the article was simply a humorous one. Not a profession review

Besides my Storm could pull that off as well. Problems with my phone have been minimal.

Last edited by fecurtis; 02-02-09 at 08:42 PM.
    02-02-09 08:38 PM
    troll post
    02-02-09 11:09 PM
    Truth is we NEED CK. He brings articles like this to the table for discussion (good or bad) and "stirs the pot" and sits back and moderates his thread. What a night!

To the extent he does though he must be receiving compensation monetarily from Apple maybe. Not sure but its sick.

02-02-09 11:25 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD