I got a replacement storm today. Has anyone kept their old battery and not sent it in. Does verizon get pissed and charge you?
    01-13-09 05:21 PM
    I did it today, I hope they don't care haha
    01-13-09 05:22 PM
    I got a replacement storm today. Has anyone kept their old battery and not sent it in. Does verizon get pissed and charge you?
    I don't see how they would know the difference. I mean if it came in the box and the are identical they should be exactly the same.
    01-13-09 05:30 PM
    If it is a straight replacement you keep your battery...now you have two!
    01-13-09 06:22 PM
    They Will Charge You!!!
    01-13-09 07:21 PM
    They Will Charge You!!!
    They will charge you if you keep both batteries, but if the replacement came with a battery you can keep the one you were using before and return the new one with the old phone and it will be find.
    01-13-09 11:13 PM
    I kept it all, the battery, cords, SD, and almost the sim but I realized I had no use for it. I never got charged for it unless they are planning on doing it soon, but I am almost through two billing cycles and there is nothing. Good luck.
    01-13-09 11:21 PM
    I kept it all, the battery, cords, SD, and almost the sim but I realized I had no use for it. I never got charged for it unless they are planning on doing it soon, but I am almost through two billing cycles and there is nothing. Good luck.
    SWEET! If I ever get a phone replaced with all the parts I may try that. I bought my spare battery on eBay.
    01-13-09 11:24 PM
    I believe the right thing to do is only keep things that you pay for. I returned everything back.

Here is a copy/paste from VZ website:

Exchange New Merchandise
    Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like–new condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $35 restocking fee will apply.
    Last edited by bbguy_nocal; 01-13-09 at 11:43 PM.
    01-13-09 11:40 PM
    you're no fun ;-)
    01-13-09 11:48 PM
    I believe the right thing to do is only keep things that you pay for. I returned everything back.

Exchange New Merchandise
    Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in likenew condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $35 restocking fee will apply.
    This is for only for exchange to another phone not defective replacements.
    01-13-09 11:48 PM

Exchange New Merchandise
    Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in likenew condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $35 restocking fee will apply.
    Trust me, he will be paying for it with his 2 yrs contract. Every time I had to deal with damage or defective phones verizon send a booklet stating how to return phone and every time for me it stateded only phone nothing else.
    01-13-09 11:53 PM
    Trust me, he will be paying for it with his 2 yrs contract. Every time I had to deal with damage or defective phones verizon send a booklet stating how to return phone and every time for me it stateded only phone nothing else.
    Thats what I got out of it. The papers said only the phone, so I took it literally... Only the phone haha.
    01-13-09 11:58 PM
    I am getting a replacement Storm tomorrow and I was debating keeping the battery from the Storm I am supposed to be returning. I want both batteries since the life on the first one is ****ty. Whats the worst that can happen?? I end up paying for the damn thing??
    01-14-09 12:14 AM
    you're no fun ;-)
    LOL! Sorry. I'll try to better next time.
    01-14-09 12:15 AM
    I will be surprised if you get charged for it. I'm thinking bigger fish to fry.
    01-14-09 02:28 AM
    I'm on my fourth replacement and have a total of 3 batteries. The reps on the phone told me I could keep em since I went through all the problems and inconvenience. they have et to charge me and if they do, the conversations are recorded and I took down all of the reps employee numbers that told me I could keep the batteries and chargers. All I did was ask and here I am now with free accessories...
    01-14-09 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD