Last weekend, my Storm went to that place where BlackBerries go when they won't power up but just have the red LED light blinking. I tried the recovery methods identified here on CrackBerry and couldn't get it to come out of it. I took it in to Verizon and the tech there was equally unable to get it to power on. As a result, they ordered a replacement for me and had it delivered on Tuesday.

On Monday, I finally got the recovery method to work -- wiped my Storm clean and then reinstalled the .75 OS and all my apps. Since that time, it has worked flawlessly -- I should add that prior to the problem last weekend, it had worked without issue since I got it on the day it was released back in November.

Here's my issue: Do I keep my original Storm or do I send it back and keep the replacement?
    02-06-09 06:24 PM
    Last weekend, my Storm went to that place where BlackBerries go when they won't power up but just have the red LED light blinking. I tried the recovery methods identified here on CrackBerry and couldn't get it to come out of it. I took it in to Verizon and the tech there was equally unable to get it to power on. As a result, they ordered a replacement for me and had it delivered on Tuesday.

On Monday, I finally got the recovery method to work -- wiped my Storm clean and then reinstalled the .75 OS and all my apps. Since that time, it has worked flawlessly -- I should add that prior to the problem last weekend, it had worked without issue since I got it on the day it was released back in November.

Here's my issue: Do I keep my original Storm or do I send it back and keep the replacement?
    i personally would keep it because trading it would be almost like stealing. (a little below since it did break down... but if it "dies" again trade)
    02-06-09 06:28 PM
    keep and learn the way of the jedi!!! U WILL GROW TO LOVE IT (hand sweep)
    02-06-09 06:30 PM
    I tend to agree with the idea of keeping my current Storm but here is the question: is the issue that I had purely a question of a corrupted OS or is there the possibility of a hardware component to it as well? It seems to be OS but I don't know enough to know for sure.
    02-06-09 07:57 PM
    This is a hard one, give me a second.........Keep it and leave all the leaks alone. Nuff said. BTW the Storm a great device.
    02-06-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD