Don't get me wrong I love my Storm but it has so many issues. I keep updating with new O.S.'s that you all gratefully put out and i always revert back to the one that works the best. But lately with .132 which has been working great seems to causing problems. 6 times today it has shut off when I've tried to take a picture or when I go to check a text message. I've tried Quick Pull about 2-3 times and it doesn't help.

I've had a pearl before and never had an issue with it. I was thinking about going to the more simple Curve.

What do you all think?
    05-15-09 08:14 PM
    Try out a curve and see how it stacks up. My friends love theirs. All depends on what you want, really.
    05-15-09 08:19 PM
    When it gets to be a REAL pain, try physically taking the battery out. QuickPull works great for resets but when the OS goes wonky take out the battery then try it.

Fixed my phone problem when QuickPull didn't.

Curves are stable and functional. Not so techy by now but solid. My GF has one and she's a real estate agent. Her phone HAS to work all the time.
    05-15-09 08:20 PM
    Yeah, it seems that the STORM is not for everybody. I happen to love mine. It soulnds like you have tried several versions of different OSes but it seems that different devices react differently to different OSes. For example, my device was terrible on .113 - terrible battery life and constant spinning clock. For other people, it's the OS they have had the best luck with. Also, I think it depends on what the primary function is for you - is it business or media? You can't beat the STORM screen for media as far as I'm concerned. But other devices serve other functions better.
    05-15-09 08:24 PM
    Thanks I'll try the battery idea.

I was checking out my friends Curve and I liked how much lighter it was and not as bulky. But then when my Storm works flawlessly on the good days I can't put it down. I've had it for 4 months and keep going back and forth. Plus I don't think Verizon would trade up.

Has anyone done a comparison chart or a pros and cons between the two?

Thanks again for the idea!!
    05-15-09 08:27 PM
    i miss my curve but i love my storm too much to go back
    05-15-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD