It's been a while since I've seen a thread similar to this, so I'm wondering what the Storm 2 owners think. I would imagine the majority of you upgraded from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2, so like the title says should I keep my Storm 1 and wait until the Storm 3 (or other touchscreen blackberry like the new Slider) comes out or should I bite the bullet and upgrade to the Storm 2. My contract will be up in a couple months and I will be eligible for an upgrade, otherwise I was just going to by a S2 straight up and sell my S1 or keep it for a spare. All opinions welcome.
    03-09-10 12:44 PM
    I really hated the typing with storm 1. I found a great deal on a storm 2 last week. The storm 2 and typing is the best it has ever been. I upgraded to the .451 OS software and have been a happy camper. The storm 2 has a ton memory for downloading apps. If you get an upgrade form verizon you can try the phone for 30 days. if you are not happy with it return it.
    03-09-10 02:13 PM
    i saw an S1 in the store last week and pressed on it (i owned an S1 for a week, in april last year). I was shocked how different (and awful) it is compared to the S2.
    03-09-10 02:17 PM
    I would actually wait for the Storm 4. I saw some pictures online and it looks like quite an improvement over the Storm 3.
    03-09-10 03:09 PM
    If you're enjoying your S1, I would wait. The S2 is GREAT and IMO a major improvement over the S1 but the 3 can only be better and what's a few months?
    03-09-10 03:16 PM
    Go with the S2 for sure.
    03-09-10 04:45 PM
    thats a personal decision my good fellow if you think you will be able to abstain for a device that doesnt have a set release date then bully for you. go for it
    03-09-10 09:05 PM
    If you're enjoying your S1, I would wait. The S2 is GREAT and IMO a major improvement over the S1 but the 3 can only be better and what's a few months?
    Where did you see/hear it will only a be a few months until Storm 3?

I personally would recommend just upgrading to the S2, great device.. a lot better than the first go-around.
    03-09-10 09:18 PM
    s1 was great because it was a first touchscreen device by RIM, even though it was bit disappointing. So I would suggest upgrading to a s2 w/ some hybrids and I'm sure that'll keep you satisfied till probably s4. unless your a type of person that needs a new technology whenever it comes out then you can get a s3 when it comes out
    03-09-10 10:00 PM
    I heard that the S7 will be the cat's meow. 3D pico projector, brain wave sensor, the whole nine yards.
    03-09-10 10:04 PM
    Storm 2 is a great upgrade. If you want to wait the S3 will more than likely come out in November like the previous 2 generation Storms.

It all comes down to personal preference.

Personal opinion pick up the Storm 2 wait a year and then upgrade to the Storm 3. I upgrade annually instead of the ne2. If you wait till about this time next year there probably will be a hardware revision for the Storm 3 so you can get it at its best than when its first released. The last 2 gen Storms both had hardware revisions so its safe to say the S3 will more than likely have one too.

First releases usually have bugs and problems no matter what the device is. So its best to wait a bit before picking it up.

But again depends on how much patience you have and if you want/able to do yearly upgrades.
    03-09-10 10:23 PM
    Bought a Storm 2, should be here in a few days!
    03-09-10 10:32 PM
    Bought a Storm 2, should be here in a few days!
    Excellent choice. It's a huge improvement over the Storm 1 and I loved the Storm 1 but S2 I love better
    03-09-10 10:49 PM
    I never relized just how bad the typing was on the Storm 1 until I had to revert back to it for the last week. In all honesty, once you get used to the S2 typing, it is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the S1. Actually, its the best on screen typing experience out there right now, IMO.
    03-10-10 07:54 AM
    It's been a while since I've seen a thread similar to this, so I'm wondering what the Storm 2 owners think. I would imagine the majority of you upgraded from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2, so like the title says should I keep my Storm 1 and wait until the Storm 3 (or other touchscreen blackberry like the new Slider) comes out or should I bite the bullet and upgrade to the Storm 2. My contract will be up in a couple months and I will be eligible for an upgrade, otherwise I was just going to by a S2 straight up and sell my S1 or keep it for a spare. All opinions welcome.
    I think you were talking about my post about 3 weeks ago. Well I did upgrade, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Memory leak is never an issue. App mem is ridiculous . So much. Don't expect a whole new device. Its like the storm one, better. Like an old friend with new tricks. I say update. It was worth it to me. Plus I sold my BB on craigslist for 175 each and had the money cash for the 9530's less than 24h after posting. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 08:10 AM
    The S2 is GREAT!!!!!!!
    07-21-10 08:10 AM
    Pass on S2, unless you want to use an older OS or a hybrid. Storm with OS 419 should get you thru until S3 (which is nothing more than S2 that will run OS 6) comes along.
    07-21-10 08:14 AM
    If I were you, I'd wait. The S2 refresh is coming out in a month that ends with "ember" according to that picture. Hold onto your S1 until the S2.5 or S3 or whatever they want to call it, comes out
    07-21-10 12:33 PM
    Keep Storm 1, Upgrade to Storm 2, or Wait for Storm 3?!?
    Yes.

10 char
    07-21-10 01:25 PM
    The S2 refresh is coming out in a month that ends with "ember" according to that picture.
    SeptEMBER
    NovEMBER
    DecEMBER

2011 september
    07-21-10 04:50 PM
    Buy a used storm 2 and keep your upgrade available for the storm 3.

Don't be in a hurry though, with all of Rim's sleeping at the wheel and snail's pace innovation I doubt the S3 will be out before Q2 of next year.
    07-21-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD