should i get another storm or just get a curve???
    opinions?
    advice?
    no storm bashing please...i love it dearly but am just really stuck as to what to do here.
    thanks to all!
    03-13-09 01:29 PM
    I went back to the Curve, and haven't regretted it once. Shouldn't have waited as long as I did to get rid of the Storm.
    03-13-09 01:33 PM
    should i get another storm or just get a curve???
    opinions?
    advice?
    no storm bashing please...i love it dearly but am just really stuck as to what to do here.
    thanks to all!
    I would say give it till late March - mid April. As of right now - The Storm. Read posts about the storm's hardware.
    03-13-09 01:34 PM
    i am concerned if i am not happy after the 30 day trial is up they will make me buy another phone instead of letting me trade for 35 dollars. thats a big factor too. i want to just wait til april or so but idk what verizon will let me do.
    03-13-09 01:41 PM
    keep the storm and wait for updats...why would you stick the phone when it had problems, and then God forbid (for you) they came out with an AWESOME update and you regret every second of giving up this phone?
    03-13-09 02:02 PM
    i am concerned if i am not happy after the 30 day trial is up they will make me buy another phone instead of letting me trade for 35 dollars. thats a big factor too. i want to just wait til april or so but idk what verizon will let me do.
    30 days isn't a "trial" with the Storm. 30 days is a "oh sh*t i read all the bad reviews and whining and I'm already prejudice against the device so I'll send it back". I've had mine since the first week of December and I'm just now finally going to try a different type of phone. The Storm is really functionally no worse than my Curve was, but not being able to type a text message as quickly is becoming a drawback for me.

Regardless, some of the people here are too fanatical one way or the other about the Storm and it's performance.
    03-13-09 02:05 PM
    ahhh thank you guys a ton! i would feel really bad if i got rid of it then the next day a new OS came out. i think these last two posts convinced me to grin and bear it. thank you again so so much!
    to all the storm bashers...shame on you! LOL
    03-13-09 02:09 PM
    Don't worry about the 30 days.

Get another Storm and by the time the Niagra is released in May/June you will have returned several Storms by then and they will upgrade you for free.

Owning a Storm has its advantages : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 02:11 PM
    This is something only YOU can decide for yourself. YOU know what works best for YOU. I know what works well for me, but I'm not you, am I?
    03-13-09 02:15 PM
    it's always good to get some advice though. i think i am just going to hold out. i think i can live with one hard restart a day. it's not that the phone isnt functioning or even slow anymore. no other gripes.
    03-13-09 02:18 PM
    Im not a fan of the curve, I dont like it at all actually, it's too simple for me I like flashy phones and the storm is FLASHY and very functional despite what people say. I hate browsing with the little ball thing too.

I prefer the bold, the niagara looks like its gonna be a cool phone that I would even like, but the storm is just wow...just bear with it a little longer. Personally I would not like to have a curve.
    03-13-09 02:36 PM
    the reboots are only happening when i am receiving text messages...not every time though. i wonder if anything with the person sending you the text can have anything to do with it? idk crazy theory. but i also think the SIM may have something to do with it too. who knows. i'm grinning and bearing it.
    03-13-09 04:46 PM
    For my situation, the Storm was not cutting it as my primary business device, I like the concept and I think it will get better, so I decided to keep it and add the Curve on one of my other lines. I use the storm for taking pics, surfing the net and gps. I use the Curve exclusively for Business communications. I am looking forward to the day when I can give the Curve to my daughter, if the Storm gets it's sh*t together I will switch back to it, otherwise I will probably get the Niagra.
    03-13-09 06:47 PM
    I had the same dilemma and spent over an hour in the Verizon store talking with the Service Tech about the pros and cons of it, as I was at my 30 days too. After talking, I decided the Storm is built a lot better than the Curve, my battery door button was always breaking on the Curve, and the Storm is capable of so much more than the Curve, and with software upgrades it can only get better. So I decided to stick it out, and if worse comes to worse, I have two lines that are available for upgrade in July, and the Niagra will be out by then, so I will just upgrade and try it!
    03-13-09 07:07 PM
    Stay with the Storm if you really like it. If you are not into it, go with the Curve, or the next new device on the horizon.
    03-13-09 07:10 PM
    i got frustrated last night with my first storm and went to the store and got a second one this morning. every tech in the store helped me with the pros and cons of each device and we all haha yes all of us...cause we all had storms...are going to wait for the upgrade. the touch screen on this one is better so we will see how it goes with the heavy use it will probably get this week when i go back to school. so far all is well with it...6 hours no problems haha! hoping i just got a bad one from the factory before.
    03-14-09 04:42 PM
    After using both a Storm and Iphone (and even a WinMo device with touch capabilities), navigation with the Curve is cumbersome to me. Granted, I am not a long-time BB user so the standard form factor is not something I've mastered or become accustomed to.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 03-14-09 at 09:30 PM.
    03-14-09 09:27 PM
    I had the Storm but went back to the Curve.
    03-15-09 06:59 AM
    storm then switch to niagra. looks so nice
    03-15-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD