Hi all, I recently got JVM Error 102. Now I know the standard method of wiping the phone and reloading the OS, so please don't bash me for not searching. However, I thought I remembered reading an alternative way to fix the error without reloading all of the software. I think it had something to do with checking the event logs with JL_Cmdr and isolating the troublesome file. I could be completely wrong, but if anyone has information on another method it would be greatly appreciated. I only ask because for the past week I haven't been as diligent in backing up my Storm as I should have been.

PS: I posted this here as I was torn between here and the FAQs subforum, but I was unable to post in the FAQs subforum.
    02-11-09 01:50 PM
    one bump.. just one.
    02-11-09 06:23 PM
    The 102 error appears when you have a problem with one of the cod files. Here is a method of fixing the problem. To start the troubleshooting, delete all apps off of your storm.

1) Connect your BlackBerry to your computer and open Desktop Manager.
    2) Click Application Loader and click Next.
    3) Choose the port that the BlackBerry is connected to and click Next.
    4) If you have a password, enter it now and click Next.
    5) Select the applications that you want to install in the Device Application Selection screen.
    6) If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether you want to automatically back up the data on your BlackBerry. Now click Next twice.
    7) The next screen will display all the software that will be installed on your BlackBerry. Click Advanced and make sure that both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are selected. Now click Next.
    8) Select Do not automatically create a backup and click Next.
    9) Click Finish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 10:00 PM
    JVM Error 102 disables one from using the Blackberry or connecting to it via DM.
    02-12-09 12:50 AM
    I forgot to post this step to remove the troubled file.

1) Open JL_Cmder.
    2) Connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the included USB cable.
    3) Select option 2 (event log)
    4) Scroll to the bottom of the log and look for "JVM Error 102."
    If you look at the line before the error, it should tell you exactly what file is causing the error. Make sure that you copy the filename.
    5) Go to Start > Run, and type "cmd" then press Enter.
    6) Change directory to the JL_Cmder installation folder.
    e.g., type: cd "C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\" and press enter
    7) Type the following command to remove the problem file:
    javaloader.exe -u erase -f FILENAME
    where FILENAME is the name of the .cod file.
    8) Disconnect your BlackBerry from your PC and restart it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD