so i just upgraded to 5.0.0.419. my phone is still very slow, hour glass thinking icon pops up all the time. even when im just opening up text msgs or switching applications. just wondering if there are any tips out there to help with the issues my phone is having. thanks
    05-16-10 02:50 AM
    JAAMEZz, try a few physical battery pulls. You new OS may just be settling in.
    05-16-10 09:06 AM
    since you said it is "still" slow, maybe the slow isn't caused by the operation system. These things can be hard to isolate, but it could be related to one or one too many applications you have loaded, how many you have open and running at the same time, what theme you use, etc.
    05-16-10 10:07 AM
    "Are there issues with the phone..."

Have you check to see what your application memory is now that you have upgraded?

Are there any applications running? Some applications do not play well with newer OS, which OS did you come from?

I like to wipe my phone, install the OS and then download the latest version of an application and reinstall it, and then redo all of my personal setting - instead of the standard OS load that does a back-up, install and then reloads all my settings... just sometimes cause some problems.

I have also found that sometimes an OS just does not load right and might need to be reinstalled.
    05-16-10 04:41 PM
    I hated .419. My storm1 didn't like it at all. I had the hour glass problem a lot of the time. When I upgraded to a new OS, it worked a lot better.
    05-16-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD