And everyone is right, it is wonderful! Flick scrolling is amazing and so far no hour glass.

So my questions is that was I suppose to delete anything from the RIM folder. I keep seeing it around to delete RIM and Quincy tools, and Vendor.xml?

Was I still suppose to delete these cause I'm having no problems. Or was it already deleted from the newest .230 updated leak?

And... [BRAIN FART] I forgot... Now it's going to bug me.

Anyway, will anyone help me out by answering this please?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And those that will come and gripe about using the search. Stop crying and grow up. Sometimes it's faster to find answers by asking then searching.
    10-01-09 09:55 AM
    Vendor.xml doesn't matter in this case but Quincy is phoning home now as you read this.
    Search how to remove Quincy from the phone without wiping. There are about 6 modules you need to delete I think 5 are called quincy in the name and 1 is not.

I would get rid of it.
    10-01-09 09:58 AM
    I upgraded last night also. At first it was ok but then Stormslider was acting up. So a wipe it with JL_Cmder and then installed it from scratch. Its going ok now. I did not delete any folders when I did the upgrade or clean install.
    10-01-09 09:59 AM
    Vendor.xml doesn't matter in this case but Quincy is phoning home now as you read this.
    Search how to remove Quincy from the phone without wiping. There are about 6 modules you need to delete I think 5 are called quincy in the name and 1 is not.

I would get rid of it.
    Should I delete these even though I'm having no problems? Or is it like the calm before the storm?
    10-01-09 10:00 AM
    I upgraded last night also. At first it was ok but then Stormslider was acting up. So a wipe it with JL_Cmder and then installed it from scratch. Its going ok now. I did not delete any folders when I did the upgrade or clean install.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that did this. Thanks pheatton
    I don't have Storm Slider so no problems yet :P
    10-01-09 10:02 AM
    Quincy will not give you any noticeable problems - however, what it will do is send RIM details of your phone activity. Quincy is a program that allows RIM to see exactly what you do with your phone. Privacy is nice, so I would suggest getting rid of it.
    10-01-09 10:02 AM
    Yes, what RamosDevil said!
    10-01-09 10:10 AM
    So for us neophytes how do we install, get rid of bad stuff and so on? If we have a Theme installed will we lose it? Also 3rd part apps? I had to change phones and backed up my phone and still lost the theme and apps?
    10-01-09 10:24 AM
    Oops. When I did the full leak install, I deleted the vendor file. Should I have not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 10:44 AM
    Oops. When I did the full leak install, I deleted the vendor file. Should I have not?

You should be fine, deleting the vendor file does not do anything bad install-related.

As for removing Quincy, try this:

BlackBerry Free: Removing Quincy, Bug Report and Battery Report from os 4.5 Beta

It is for an older version of the BB OS, but I'm pretty sure not much has changed (besides the folder name of the OS which is self-explanatory).
    10-01-09 10:58 AM
    Is BerryBuzz working on 5.0?
    And how are you guys doing battery pulls - any software to do this?
    10-01-09 11:58 AM
    Not sure where you downloded .230 but the version I have came without Quincy files

10-01-09 12:30 PM
    Not sure where you downloded .230 but the version I have came without Quincy files

Same with mine Is yours dimming when you turn it to landscape? Mine is but it's not a serious issue.
    10-01-09 01:16 PM
    Is BerryBuzz working on 5.0?
    And how are you guys doing battery pulls - any software to do this?
    Yes...the newly released beta version 2.1.31 of BerryBuzz is now compatible with 5.0
    10-01-09 02:40 PM

the original version had quincy...folks were kind enough to remove RIM tools (120.3MB) and re-upload to the mirrors.

its a good thing
    10-01-09 02:43 PM
    Hey all,

I'm stumped :-p I tried to update to 5.0 official (unofficial Verizon) and was unable to. I deleted the vendor files also.

In Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0 has an asterisk next to it that says: "Only active Blackberry service subscribers are entitled to install this Blackberry Device Software upgrade."

Afterwards I click next and it tells me "No software update is required for your device."

I have thought about doing a complete wipe with JL_Cmder however I don't know how to "just" make a backup of my contacts. I am a Blackberry noob:-(

Thanks
    10-01-09 03:31 PM
    Hey all,

I'm stumped :-p I tried to update to 5.0 official (unofficial Verizon) and was unable to. I deleted the vendor files also.

In Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0 has an asterisk next to it that says: "Only active Blackberry service subscribers are entitled to install this Blackberry Device Software upgrade."

Afterwards I click next and it tells me "No software update is required for your device."

I have thought about doing a complete wipe with JL_Cmder however I don't know how to "just" make a backup of my contacts. I am a Blackberry noob:-(

Thanks
    I read that was a bug in DM 5.0. Have you tried installing using apploader? That's how I did it and didn't receive any errors.

10-01-09 04:59 PM
    Same with mine Is yours dimming when you turn it to landscape? Mine is but it's not a serious issue.
    No dimming here. The only problems I have had are the white bar at the bottom of screen when unlocking in portrait and also sometimes when I rotate from portrait to landscape while in the browser it doesn't adjust the text to fit the screen.

10-01-09 05:02 PM
    i just downloaded it but before i install it can someone link me to the full step by step of how to install it and exactly what to do? and they said this is a version you don't need to have 191 installed so now all i need is the step by step!!
    10-01-09 05:06 PM
    Yes...the newly released beta version 2.1.31 of BerryBuzz is now compatible with 5.0

Just checked and my BerryBuzz still shows 2.1.22 (that is the most recent version available). Where can I get .31?!?
    10-01-09 05:19 PM
    1. Install it.
    2. Open DM. Save a back up file. (You can wipe handheld but I didn't and it installed fine.
    3. Run AppLoader. It should pop up 2 5.0 apps to install (If I believe)
    4. Let it do it's thing.

The reboot takes a while the first time, so don't freak out. I almost did last night :P
    10-01-09 05:21 PM
    my .230 didn't come with quincy tools?

where do i find quincy tools?
    10-01-09 05:22 PM
    my .230 didn't come with quincy tools?

where do i find quincy tools?
    Is it the newest leaked version? If so, it doesn't come with it, so your all set
    10-01-09 05:23 PM
    Is it the newest leaked version? If so, it doesn't come with it, so your all set
    awesome, thanks

i remember having to delete them in .191

but i didnt see it this time and was so excited went straight for install!
    10-01-09 05:27 PM
    awesome, thanks

i remember having to delete them in .191

but i didnt see it this time and was so excited went straight for install!
    Lol this is my first time installing any OS via DM. And I didn't read anything. I just did it and it worked. Still no battery pulls
    10-01-09 06:11 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD