I'm so pleased with this update I just figured I'd share it with everyone in the R&R section so you haters can realize what you are all missing out on!

This was my review of the new OS in the OS section but thought I'd share it here as well as a testament to just how amazing this OS truly is!

I've been running .148 for about a day or so.

When I installed it onto my Storm, upon rebooting, the phone began blaring "Freebird" on its speakers, how it got there I had no idea, but once the latest OS was on there, I knew I was in Heaven.

The first thing that came to mind upon downloading it was "Dude, I need to pick up some hotties now that I've got the confidence of knowing that I now have the latest and greatest leaked Research In Motion 4.7 Operating System". I stand confused for only a moment because I was trying to figure out how to put, into words, how great I felt in a mass BBM to one of my friends.

Then I realized that Blackberries, among other things, can actually call people (hence the word "phone" after the word "smart"), I tend to forget that amongst all its features, it can even call people. Alexander Graham Bell would indeed be proud.

So I call my friend and after I went on raving inaudible shouts and yells of excitement for 10 minutes, we hopped in buddy's car and headed to the clubs to clean house. If a woman's body is a playground, with .148, I was gonna make it into a theme park.

Unfortunately, on the way, we were side swiped by a large Chevy Suburban and we rolled multiple times into deep woods...

I came into consciousness in the wreckage leaving me in the remote wilderness that is the metro Washington D.C. area. The driver was dead and I knew that in this remote wilderness, I'd need to protect myself. The good news is that my beloved .450 Bushmaster AR-15 with 100-rd beta mag, laser aiming module, Leupold CQ/T scope, vertical fore-end grip, custom flash hider, and Sarah Palin edition bayonet was close by in the vehicle. The bad news is that it was just out of reach.

I then notice a pack of wolves (common around the D.C. area) were closing in on me, with the look of hunger in their eyes, excited about devouring my massive, carefully chiseled body. The pack closed in on me with this cocky swagger, knowing that they were the [expletive] and that there was nothing that I could do to stop them. Then suddenly, I pull out my Blackberry in desperation and performed the following:

"Options" >>> "About" (I'd of used "QuickLaunch" but it doesn't work anymore)

The sight the wolves saw stopped them dead in their tracks. Their cocky, arrogant demeanor now gone. They knew that I too, had the spirit of a wild, untamed beast due to the respect that .148 demands, they chewed me out of the wreckage and the alpha male proceeded to take me, on his back, into the clubs where I picked up at least 4 women and now have a "slight case" of the clap.

Despite all of the cool things iPhones can do...I'd like to see it command beasts, last I checked, there is no app for that.
    05-21-09 06:01 PM
    hahahahhahahahaha

that was awesome! post of the day
    05-21-09 06:05 PM
    This is no laughing matter. Whenever I pick up my Blackberry, assuming that it did not randomly decide to reboot itself, and unlock my phone using an app that cost a mere $2.99, I suddenly feel the warm glow of the backlight that the .148 OS radiates upon me. I close my eyes and suddenly picture myself in, what I presume to be, the 8th floor of an office building in Ontario, Canada. Feeling the warm, loving glow of all the programmers who put all of their work, love, blood, sweat, and tears that went into putting into .148. I then see Jim Balsillie approach me with a glowing smile and give me a big, warm hug. If Jesus were to return to Earth in a series of java encrypted lines of code, he'd be .148.

Make no mistake fellow Crackies, the Blackberry Storm equipped with .148 OS is the true Jesus Phone.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 05-21-09 at 06:33 PM.
    05-21-09 06:31 PM
    This is no laughing matter. Whenever I pick up my Blackberry, assuming that it did not randomly decide to reboot itself, and unlock my phone using an app that cost a mere $2.99, I suddenly feel the warm glow of the backlight that the .148 OS radiates upon me. I close my eyes and suddenly picture myself in, what I presume to be, the 8th floor of an office building in Ontario, Canada. Feeling the warm, loving glow of all the programmers who put all of their work, love, blood, sweat, and tears that went into putting into .148. I then see Jim Balsillie approach me with a glowing smile and give me a big, warm hug. If Jesus were to return to Earth in a series of java encrypted lines of code, he'd be .148.

Make no mistake fellow Crackies, the Blackberry Storm equipped with .148 OS is the true Jesus Phone.

no, we already decided it is the mullet phone; party up front, business in the back

there can be only one jesus phone, apple fanboys kill people over that. you'd best watch yo self
    05-21-09 06:37 PM
    Lmao..... Im still at .7FREAKIN5....Im tempted but I'm a Fack up when it comes to chit like that......How hard is it really? I've read stickies on how to upgrade but I only get to "We are not held responsible blah blah blah Do at your own RISK".....thats it I dont get past that sentence...So I start surfin on another post...lol.....But my trigger finger is itchy to upgrade!!
    05-21-09 06:40 PM
    Lmao..... Im still at .7FREAKIN5....Im tempted but I'm a Fack up when it comes to chit like that......How hard is it really? I've read stickies on how to upgrade but I only get to "We are not held responsible blah blah blah Do at your own RISK".....thats it I dont get past that sentence...So I start surfin on another post...lol.....But my trigger finger is itchy to upgrade!!
    If you can cross the street (something that most people also conduct at their own risk), then you can upgrade the OS.
    05-21-09 06:41 PM
    i've tripped over my usb cord and sent the poor storm flyin across the room mid update... just wiped with jlcommander, reloaded the OS and continued on my merry way. Just make sure you back your stuff up
    05-21-09 06:42 PM
    This is my first post even though i've been on crackberry everyday since i started! i couldn't help but make my first post on this one! all hands down this was a great post! (i saved a copy of it to show to my fellow BB comrades!) but Great short story! i too had a similar experience with .148.....=)
    05-21-09 06:46 PM
    Best one yet except typing inside these text boxes in the browser. They are all slow as crud.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 06:49 PM
    I must admit....i am absolutely....confused as sh!t about this thread.

But for what its worth...

.148/5.0 is good so far.

...*walks away scratching his head*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD