Anybody have this happen? Incoming calls show on screen. No sound . Have ringer set to normal.
    01-14-09 01:44 PM
    Do I have to re-register on network? What should "Network Technology" be set to: 1XEV or Global?
    01-14-09 01:47 PM
    did u get the leaked OS?
    01-14-09 01:47 PM
    if so, stick to the carriers official OS......never trust the leaked OS.
    01-14-09 01:49 PM
    I had a similar problem. Call would come in, LED would blink but no ring or vibrate. Everything was fine and set up right in my sound profiles and worked when clicking "try it". My only difference is that I'm running .75.

What I did was change my ringtone. that was it. Works fine now. Not sure if this will help you at all, but it worked for me. I had a custom ringtone set up. I changed to a different one(still custom, not one preloaded on storm) and it seems to have fixed it.

good luck
    01-14-09 01:50 PM
    why?
    leaked or official, they're the same...
    ????
    01-14-09 01:50 PM
    Just changed my ringtone. It worked. Thanks!
    01-14-09 01:52 PM
    Leaked and Official are not the same...
    01-14-09 01:53 PM
    Just changed my ringtone. It worked. Thanks!
    You're welcome
    01-14-09 01:54 PM
    Leaked and Official are not the same...
    please explain.
    i guess the only OS you could compare is the leaked .75 vs. the official.
    what's the difference.
    01-14-09 01:55 PM
    it was explained in other threads. My take on it is that once a "leaked" OS is tested enough and found not to have any(many) bugs it's released as an official OS. If it has lots of bugs next version is put up, ie. .85 has lots of bugs, they put out(leak) .86 and if that works well, it's made official. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats what I got from others who explained it in other threads
    01-14-09 02:00 PM
    it was explained in other threads. My take on it is that once a "leaked" OS is tested enough and found not to have any(many) bugs it's released as an official OS. If it has lots of bugs next version is put up, ie. .85 has lots of bugs, they put out(leak) .86 and if that works well, it's made official. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats what I got from others who explained it in other threads
    yeah
    that's what i know it as too.
    if a OS is good enough to be "officially" released it'll be officially released.
    so...
    .75 leak and .75 official are the same...?
    right?
    i'm seriously asking, not like "attacking"
    Cause I'm sure it's a hassle for VZW to be releasing officials every 2 weeks

just because .86 wasn't good enough to be official, doesn't mean it's not better.
    Just not "amazing" enough to be made "official"
    01-14-09 02:07 PM
    I have the same problem on .86. Changed my ringtone and now it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 02:11 PM
    To answer one of your questions...1XEV should be listed.
    01-14-09 02:19 PM
    wow, i've been going crazy about figuring out what was wrong and all I had to do was change the ringtone! Ahh! I even wiped everything and what not just to find out it was a simple answer. Thanks!
    01-14-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD