I just need some reassurance that other people like their storm as much as I do because lately, the love has been waning. Where I work, I take a lot of pictures throughout the week and I'd say about 15% of those pictures are on people's phones. Now, of all those phones I'd say about 8% of them r bbs of all shapes and sizes and it's come to my attention that all of the os's I've gotten glimpses of and cameras on each of them are amazingly awesome. I don't see any hint of lag and I'm pretty sure not EVERYONE that owns a bb knows or even frequents this site as often as I do (and you guys of course) AND i'm pretty sure that they all have stock os's. I'm just being a little tempted here to jump ship due to the fact I've stuck with this thing, have a semi-hybrid (maybe hybrid..I only swapped the radio so that's a matter of opinion) OS running and I still feel as if something's missing. Am I wrong? Am I just drinking the kool-aid of every upset storm owner? I love the BB experience but my storm feels super heavy in comparison to the others and the OS just doesn't feel rite anymore. Any thoughts? Thanks for your responses.
    05-26-09 07:54 PM
    If it's not doin it for ya, it's not doin it for ya

there are many many of us who love our storms, but it is definitely not for everyone.

Dont worry, just be sure youre using a phone you ENJOY using, the rest is just icing
    05-26-09 08:17 PM
    I just need some reassurance that other people like their storm as much as I do because lately, the love has been waning. Where I work, I take a lot of pictures throughout the week and I'd say about 15% of those pictures are on people's phones. Now, of all those phones I'd say about 8% of them r bbs of all shapes and sizes and it's come to my attention that all of the os's I've gotten glimpses of and cameras on each of them are amazingly awesome. I don't see any hint of lag and I'm pretty sure not EVERYONE that owns a bb knows or even frequents this site as often as I do (and you guys of course) AND i'm pretty sure that they all have stock os's. I'm just being a little tempted here to jump ship due to the fact I've stuck with this thing, have a semi-hybrid (maybe hybrid..I only swapped the radio so that's a matter of opinion) OS running and I still feel as if something's missing. Am I wrong? Am I just drinking the kool-aid of every upset storm owner? I love the BB experience but my storm feels super heavy in comparison to the others and the OS just doesn't feel rite anymore. Any thoughts? Thanks for your responses.
    hi there, gotta say im lovin my storm at the moment, havent had any of the issues people have been getting, which is a major plus in my book, even lasts 3 days with no charge!!! when you take ur pic, are you using the 2 stage button? as holding it in half way first makes a big difference to me, but yea im very willing to agree that others are faster, but some of that is down to your memory leak (the less the better) im running .141, as its official in the uk, but obviously dont know how well it goes on 9530`s tho
    05-26-09 08:18 PM
    I like/love my Strm.
    As far as the camera go to options
    and turn the image stabalization of that
    should help.
    Go to the Tips n Tricks forums as well.
    I just upgraded my phone to 148. Nice; but make
    sure it was reccomended that u install the leaks
    not the hybrids if u are a noob.
    Hope this helps n welcome.
    The kool aid aint so bad.
    If u are unhappy and u haven't passed your 30days
    just return it and hang tight til the end of the year.
    05-26-09 08:21 PM
    Thanks for your responses. I have been around the block as far as n00bish tendencies lol I've read all the tips and tricks forums and helped others as well. I just post wisely because I know how others hate the repeated posts. That camera trick that trendy gave definitely works (found that out the other day) I just feel discouraged sometimes. It has such potential, it just doesn't feel like it's being utilized properly at all. AND with the effing black cloud of the storm 2 on the horizon (even though we have no idea when it's dropping) it's just annoying because if it does indeed come next month as all the speculation is assuming, 7 months after the original is kinda ridiculous! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a geek so i understand the minute we purchase a piece of tech it's old news the minute we leave the store but sheesh, that's a pretty darn quick change! once again thanx
    05-26-09 08:29 PM
    ive always said the camera was the only disappointment of the Storm to me. maybe im wrong for doin it, but the reason i say that is my daughter had an LG Dare and it had a 3.2mp camera as well. i compared the two and it blew the Storm's camera away. my Curve takes better pics indoors and they're about the same on outdoor shots. i certainly didn't buy the Storm for its picture-taking ability, but it suffices. i take alot of pics with my phone as well, but the camera is never the deciding factor in my phone purchases. it has to be a phone first.

like king said, be happy with what you have, even if it's not the Storm.

/post
    05-26-09 09:12 PM
    Though i mentioned pics...that's by no means a purchasing decision. I bought it for wut it had to offer lol I just was trying to give an idea how many bbs i've handled on a weekly basis and y i've handled so many. i just want it to be as smooth of an experience as every other bb out there...is that possible?
    05-26-09 09:20 PM
    Return it and steer clear from RIM touch phones!
    05-26-09 09:29 PM
    Though i mentioned pics...that's by no means a purchasing decision. I bought it for wut it had to offer lol I just was trying to give an idea how many bbs i've handled on a weekly basis and y i've handled so many. i just want it to be as smooth of an experience as every other bb out there...is that possible?
    I'm sure its possible. Mine's gettin better with every leaked OS. My Curve isn't 100% smooth either. It has its moments as do all phones.

Imperfections exist everywhere. Obviously some people can't accept that. They must live stressful lives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:33 AM
    Right off the bat, the first problem is the hacked up, homemade OS. Verizon has not released an update because none of them have passed their QUALITY assurance process. What does that tell you?

Pervious blackberrys have been reliable and good at what they do, the Storm is neither.
    05-27-09 02:38 PM
    Depends on who you ask. I personally like the storm. But I have heard the horror stories.

Definitely not a phone for everyone.
    05-27-09 03:05 PM
    Right off the bat, the first problem is the hacked up, homemade OS. Verizon has not released an update because none of them have passed their QUALITY assurance process. What does that tell you?

Pervious blackberrys have been reliable and good at what they do, the Storm is neither.
    So? And how do we know that the Verizon version is going to be the "be all, end all" of OS's past? I am willing to bet that when their version is released, it is not going to change anything and that some of the leaked OS's that are out now are better and will have less bugs. I am not sold on the comment that Verizon hasn't released it because it hasn't passed a QA test. I lean more towards,

"we can't get it to work and probably won't be able to. RIM, send us the Storm 2 so we can get back to making money."
    05-27-09 05:59 PM
    Still makes no sense to me that Verizon would approve the .75 OS abortion but NOTHING since then?
    05-27-09 06:09 PM
    Still makes no sense to me that Verizon would approve the .75 OS abortion but NOTHING since then?

FINALLY!!!

Someone has asked the question to end all questions!!! That and why don't they send out some kind of statement???
    05-27-09 08:21 PM
    Jump ship - this storm is trouble
    05-27-09 08:22 PM
    I don't understand either....le sigh...I've had nothing but good things to say about verizon and this is not helping their good name one bit...o well...all we can do is hope.
    05-27-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD