Hello All,
    I am posting this as a suggestion. I did receive my Storm today via Fed-ex and it is really cool and fun. I still have my Curve on ATT and now I have Verizon too.

On my curve I have a split screen that rolls over with the trackball. It is really cool and I found it on the blackberry website. It is a theme.

So, my suggestion is as follows.

How cool would it be, if someone who makes themes, can/would make a theme for the new Storm that would allow the icons on the bottom of the screen to disappear. Being a touchscreen and that the screen rolls, it would be great if someone figured out how to make a theme, just like the screen now, ONLY that you can slide your finger up and the icons would re-appear and disappear when you roll them back down.

This way you a Storm user could be able to see the entire screen without having to lock one's Storm.

Just a suggestion and if someone could make that, I for one would be grateful.

I know the Storm is new and themes are not out yet, but I am sure someone is thinking along these lines. If I knew how to make them, I would try.

Thanks,
    SBE
    11-25-08 03:20 AM
    well... from the main menu you hit blackberry key and then hit options

you can drop the layout all the way down to 1 row.. this isn't completely gone but I prefer having my solid 2 rows anyway
    11-25-08 03:48 AM
    Yes, I found that out yesterday after playing with the Storm for a while.
    I like the one row, but I like the 2 rows much better.
    I have a nice wallpaper on there and I would prefer a rolling screen. Much like the trackball allows me to roll on my curve. I am using my curve with the BB Dimension Today Plus Theme which allows me to roll my trackball to the left and right. This way my screen is split in two and I can have much more on the screen with a simple roll of thte trackball.

I am sure this is possible on the touchscreen and therefore allowing someone to roll the rows(icons) onto the screen or off of the screen. This way you could have a full wallpaper screen and with the touch or roll of the finger the rows(icons) come back to normal.

To me that would be a great theme to have. The use of the entire screen of the Storm.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth and just a thought. I am hopeful though.
    11-25-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD