i was wondering...Ive heard so many people complain about the storm. but when i take a look at it, i only see one thing wrong. i mean to me its like hmm idk i feel like its just the software that's the problem. im not talking about OS leaks, slowness or anything. im talking about the core OS. i feel like the updates should stop, RIM AND Verizon work together and push out a new OS. one that is built for the storm. multitouch, everything. but im not comparing it to the new palm web os or the iphone or anyone just...i love my storm but it feels....old next to them i just want it to be the most it can be u know. hit up this with comments opinions that u have. i want to see if there's other storm lovers itching for a makeover.
    02-19-09 09:12 PM
    That isn't something that happens over night, or in a month or two. You are talking about a 2 year process.

Look at all the bugs the Storm OS has had, and it's not even new.
    02-19-09 09:24 PM
    It has been talked about in many forums and many have said the same thing. It is all a matter of opinion. I agree and there has been rumors that this maybe where they are going to go. Guess we will have to wait and see.

P.S.
    .106 Hybrid on the 9530 ROCKS!
    02-19-09 09:38 PM
    yeah im tired of slow official .75 and just want an official something.
    02-19-09 09:42 PM
    Without them testing it, how would they know what all the bugs were? It takes time for these things... although I'm sure we are all ready for a good release.
    02-19-09 09:43 PM
    Yeah I just got my storm last Sunday ran .75 for about a week got tried of the random reboots so went to .103 for a day. Then Tues went to .106 Hybrid or whatever they are calling it now and never looking back runs great. I still hope for major changes, but I def love the phone.
    02-19-09 09:48 PM
    Yeh but I'm talking about an os that is built from the ground up and idk I hate when ppl say ew the storm and I love mine to death but I guess ur right it takes a long time and mabey rim and verizon will push out a completely new on

By the way I can't seem to find the link to the .106 hybrid anyone know were it is
    02-21-09 10:36 AM
    Howard Stern

Baba booey. Baba booey.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:56 AM
    That isn't something that happens over night, or in a month or two. You are talking about a 2 year process.

Look at all the bugs the Storm OS has had, and it's not even new.
    It may be a 2+ year process from start to finish to develop a phone like the Storm, but not all of that time is spent on the software. First you have to decide on a set of features you're going to support, then you have to decide on a hardware spec. Only after you've done these two things, which can take 3-4 months each, can you get started developing the OS for the device. And of course the first couple of months are really only going to be developing an emulator for the hardware while they put together a couple of prototype units.

It's not like the Storm devs have been working on OS 4.7 for 2+ years. More probably like 8-9 months now, including the 3 months the Storm has been for sale. At most, they probably got 12 months lead time from when they finalized the hardware spec and feature set, to when the device was set to launch. That might sound like a long time, but developing an embedded operating system is NOT so simple, and 6-12 months lead time really isn't that much.
    02-22-09 02:29 PM
    I think everyone agrees that we want the storm to be the best it can be. Hopefully in time it will:-D
    02-22-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD