Hey guys,

So i just came back from the store and i am back at my desk hoping my boss won't see me typing away on Crackberry.

I have had it for about 20 minutes and i have to say i am very impressed. I have to mention that before the Tour i had the Storm1 for about two weeks. With that in mind, i almost kept the first one but the typing wasn't quite there and since all i do is email and texting, i couldn't take it. So i switched to the Tour and this device is amazing so for those Tour owners out there, i would be pretty happy (some people can't take touch screens).

I was pretty excited about the storm2 and yes i looked at droid and whatnot but i can't live without push email. I had iphones in the past and getting my email every 10-15 minutes is not a viable thing anymore so droid will not satisfy this necessity of mine.

The funny thing is that i went to a store yesterday and i hated the Storm2, i could not believe that it wasn't anything i had in mind and the typing was terrible, i went home with sadness on my face.

So there is another VZ store close to where i work here in Manhattan and i tried it again. This time the Storm2 on display was amazing and within 5 minutes i was like "sold." The typing is soo much better and i go through the menus as if i had a bberry with a trackball (another reason i couldn't take the first generation).
    I checked OS versions and all that good stuff and i can't figure out why my testing experience was so different from one store to another in terms of devices. Thus, for those people out there debating whether or not to make the switch or jump to a storm2, try different stores because it definitely helped me.

Take care all.
    10-30-09 02:33 PM
    I was not that impressed. I switched from Tour and was back on the Tour within the hour.
    10-30-09 02:35 PM
    i'm also back to the Tour, but its good you like the storm though
    10-30-09 02:37 PM
    Tour FTW

10 char
    10-30-09 02:42 PM
    I was not that impressed. I switched from Tour and was back on the Tour within the hour.
    Did you buy a Storm and return it within one hour? If so, that might be a new record.
    10-30-09 02:42 PM
    agree with OP , had the tour now onto the S2 and love it ....just a better funner over all expierence.
    10-30-09 02:43 PM
    agree with OP , had the tour now onto the S2 and love it ....just a better funner over all expierence.
    gotta love the screen size of the storm not to mention no trackball and battery door issues to worry about.

Storm2 FTW!!!!!!!
    10-30-09 02:45 PM
    I dunno I think the pearl wins in my book...

Riiiight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:50 PM
    I don't blame those that went back to the Tour...this device is great. I think i am giving this one to my dad since his 8830 just died last night (may it rest in piece).
    10-30-09 02:51 PM
    How do you get a device, then switch back to another device within an hour. Doesnt make since.
    10-30-09 02:52 PM
    Hey guys,

So i just came back from the store and i am back at my desk hoping my boss won't see me typing away on Crackberry.

I have had it for about 20 minutes and i have to say i am very impressed. I have to mention that before the Tour i had the Storm1 for about two weeks. With that in mind, i almost kept the first one but the typing wasn't quite there and since all i do is email and texting, i couldn't take it. So i switched to the Tour and this device is amazing so for those Tour owners out there, i would be pretty happy (some people can't take touch screens).

I was pretty excited about the storm2 and yes i looked at droid and whatnot but i can't live without push email. I had iphones in the past and getting my email every 10-15 minutes is not a viable thing anymore so droid will not satisfy this necessity of mine.

The funny thing is that i went to a store yesterday and i hated the Storm2, i could not believe that it wasn't anything i had in mind and the typing was terrible, i went home with sadness on my face.

So there is another VZ store close to where i work here in Manhattan and i tried it again. This time the Storm2 on display was amazing and within 5 minutes i was like "sold." The typing is soo much better and i go through the menus as if i had a bberry with a trackball (another reason i couldn't take the first generation).
    I checked OS versions and all that good stuff and i can't figure out why my testing experience was so different from one store to another in terms of devices. Thus, for those people out there debating whether or not to make the switch or jump to a storm2, try different stores because it definitely helped me.

Take care all.
    I switched from the Pearl to the Storm 1 last Wednesday since my wife and I were both up for upgrades and wanted to take advantage of the BOGO (we got both phones foe $80). She got a Tour and loves it. I could tell I liked the Storm 1 enough to to know I was going to really like the Storm 2 which I do. I thought about waiting for the Droid to come out next week but I am superficial and the Droid is an ugly phone and I don't like slide out keyboards. I also use BB Messenger all day to communicate with my wife an I am very partial to BB. I am glad you like it and I highly recommend this phone to anybody who is in limbo.
    10-30-09 02:53 PM
    I'm not sure that a "funner over all experience" is really what I'm looking for. A good spell check would be important though!
    10-30-09 02:55 PM
    How do you get a device, then switch back to another device within an hour. Doesnt make since.
    Esn change on my Verizon? hock the storm on eBay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:57 PM
    gotta love the screen size of the storm not to mention no trackball and battery door issues to worry about.

Storm2 FTW!!!!!!!
    +1 for paulwright1.

I love this thing!!
    10-30-09 03:03 PM
    I had the S1 went to the Tour and now have the S2. I absolutely LOVE my S2 and couldn't be happier. I did LOVE my Tour but I wanted a touch screen phone. The only reason I got the Tour was because of all the issues the S1 had. It is all about personal preference and what works best for you. I think S2 and the Tour are both great devices When I first got my S2 I didn't really have a need, desire or understanding of the Wifi but I do have to say now it is a nice added bonus. My one complaint with my Tour was that RIM and VZW have not released an updated OS while all other devices have recieved one if not more. Threaded SMS was very important to me and I didn't think I should have to download a leaked version or purchase an app for it. I do hope they give the Tour more love soon.
    12-12-09 04:27 PM
    I don't blame those that went back to the Tour...this device is great. I think i am giving this one to my dad since his 8830 just died last night (may it rest in piece).
    I think its a mediocre device honestly. The keyboard is def not the best BB keyboard ever. I hate that the keys are all "connected" to each other.

Plus, no WiFi kinda tops it off as "just an OK" Blackberry. def nothing to write home about, but thats just my opinion after owning both it & the S2.
    12-12-09 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD