Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this, I was sent here by verizon.
    I loved my iPhone but hated AT&T so I came back to verizion.

I have heard so many good things about BB that I decised to get the storm.

my problem is my iPhone has spoiled me with email and internet.
    in gmail I could see all "I mean ALL" emails and folders so far I can't do this with my storm.

the internet seemed so much faster and easier to use, able to open 8 pages
    I'm hoping this is just a learning curve with the storm.

The email is my most important problem
    please help
    Dave
    08-28-09 09:46 PM
    Short answer is your Storm is not an iphone. Take your time to get familiar with the Storm and spend time reading all over these forums. You will either grow to love your Storm or you will flat out hate it. There is no in between unfortunately.

1. all your emails arrive on your BB the moment you get them. Not 10 minutes from now like the iphone so there is no need to see the folders...do that when you get home or work.

2. If you need 8 browser windows open you should have purchased a cheap phone and a net book. Once you start to multi task you will change your tune here as well. Also tabbed browser is coming in future release.
    Last edited by mcp770; 08-28-09 at 11:03 PM.
    08-28-09 11:00 PM
    +1 on reading...on CB & in HELP folder.

Tip: Browser > menu > options > browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js + regularly clear all in browser cache operations.
    08-29-09 02:19 AM
    I was sent here by verizon.
    I like the way he/she put it.
    08-29-09 03:29 AM
    Definitely a learning curve with the Storm...
    08-29-09 03:34 AM

please help
    Dave
    This isn't true, as I've held a Storm and an Iphone side by side and navigated the web simultaneously. They are very compareable. The Iphone seemed to cache Youtube videos better, but I've since changed browser settings and haven't checked again to see if this still holds true.

The Storm is a much more capable phone imo, and the Iphone a more user friendly phone.

Take your time and read up son.
    08-29-09 03:44 AM
    . 1. all your emails arrive on your BB the moment you get them. Not 10 minutes from now like the iphone so there is no need to see the folders...do that when you get home or work.
    This is assuming that your mail always lands in your inbox and and you don't have rules that automatically file them into other folders. One of the perennial complaints about BIS is that you cannot see any folders other than the inbox. To see folders, you have to use the enterprise version (BES).
    08-29-09 05:20 PM
    Hello,

in gmail I could see all "I mean ALL" emails and folders so far I can't do this with my storm.

please help
    Dave
    Hi Dave go to m.google.com and download the Gmail app for BlackBerry.That might get you closer to what you are use to. I am pretty sure you can search and view other folders with that app. I have never used it though, so I could be wrong.
    08-29-09 05:39 PM
    This is assuming that your mail always lands in your inbox and and you don't have rules that automatically file them into other folders. One of the perennial complaints about BIS is that you cannot see any folders other than the inbox. To see folders, you have to use the enterprise version (BES).
    Yes I to hate this. I have been hoping they'd update it where you could see all your folders. Even if its just with Hotmail and Gmail...
    08-29-09 06:56 PM
    Hello,

please help
    Dave
    8 pages? If you want to be able to do that get a Netbook....
    08-29-09 06:57 PM
    if you want to see all folders, just download bolt browser or opera mini. that way it'll load like a web page instead of mobile page. you could also set the native browser setting to firefox/internet explorer if you dont want to download a different browser.

forget seeing all folders. the option that i want is to be able to file into those folders, since most ppl either get mail sent to inbox or spam.

definitely do searches & read up on the storm. i'd rather have a multi-tasking smartphone than an iTOY.
    08-29-09 08:32 PM
    the Storm just takes some getting used to.. you'll get the hang of it
    08-30-09 04:52 AM
    you'll see the storm is better. i have an ipod touch (similar to iphone - 3.0 as well) and i love it but the typing on it and the lack of multi tasking made me not want to get an iphone. my recemendation, if you havent already, look into hybrids and leaked OS's for your storm. it will REALLY make it seem so much better then a iPhone.
    08-30-09 01:48 PM
    Use the gmail app to see old emails

Internet is vastly inferior on the storm. Sorry
    08-30-09 02:22 PM
    Thanks for the all the comments, I must of posted in the wrong spot because I see it has been moved just not sure where to. sorry first time on this forum.

being able to save pages and come back to them was very handy specially while driving, sorry I never do that.

Not being able to see all my floders in gmail is a big problem, I thought the BB was the business mans phone, if I have to wait until I come home why have it. imo

the gmail app is ok but only lets you use one email account, another negative imo, is there a way to download the app to a diffrent location tricking the phone? I'm going to play with this

I'm not knocking the BB but if the iPhone comes to verizon I think BB sells will hurt. I'm sure there are things the bb will do better but to be honest I rarely had to go to my home computer with he iPhone.

I just could not take the dropped calls and lack of customer concern about their crappy network. so I have returned to Verizon

I hope in time I will learn to love the storm as much but right now it has some real draw backs concerning email. Everyone that brags about BB email must have never used an iPhone.

"look into hybrids and leaked OS's for your storm"
    what do you mean by this could someone please explain?

There has to be a way to see all your gmail and old emails on a BB. How is possible for the iPhone to do it and not the BB.

thanks Dave
    08-30-09 06:30 PM
    There will be a learning curve to the storm. I hated mine for about two weeks... I mean hated...but now I could not think about what I would do without it.

As far as browser... go with opera mini. mini.opera.com (from stock browser to download) and tell me what you think about the browser speeds on verizon. Its blazing fast! You can surf Crackberry in all of its glory (not mobile view) with it in seconds.

Hang in there it will make you love it or hate it... good luck!
    08-30-09 08:16 PM
    Welcome Dave! There are ways to do what you want, check the applications store on crackberry and also research tyr Gmail plugin recently launched.

I'm a full blown business user on BES with exchange. I can assure you, bb is a great business phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:28 PM
    Gmail app does support multiple accounts btw just need to go to "BB Button-->Accounts...-->Add account..." and you can put in as many as you would like.
    Last edited by Krith; 08-30-09 at 09:20 PM.
    08-30-09 09:13 PM
    While it is a learning curve, you shouldnt worry too much because official 5.0 isnt too far away, and that will give us tabbed browsing. Also download opera mini from mini.opera.com for a fast browser experience. Yes the storm requires a large learning curve, but alot of things that the iPhone has that storm doesnt will be available with storm on 5.0
    08-30-09 09:30 PM
    yes to muliple emails no to muliply gmail applications loaded

I'm goning to say this nice, the BB storm sucks
    tried to access this form yesterday to have my BB search for 15 min then go to a white screen.

customer service said take the phone in and get another one, haven't done this yet. I hope it helps

I sure hope the %.0 makes a diffrence because so far the BB can't compete with the iPhone IMO

How do you stop this phone from putting calls on speaker or mute while talking, this was a problem from the first time this phone came out and they still haven't fixed it......
    09-02-09 06:15 PM
    3rd post in and already whining

trade it back in for an iphone

you will never be happy with the storm
    09-02-09 06:25 PM
    yes to muliple emails no to muliply gmail applications loaded

I'm goning to say this nice, the BB storm sucks
    tried to access this form yesterday to have my BB search for 15 min then go to a white screen.

customer service said take the phone in and get another one, haven't done this yet. I hope it helps

I sure hope the %.0 makes a diffrence because so far the BB can't compete with the iPhone IMO

How do you stop this phone from putting calls on speaker or mute while talking, this was a problem from the first time this phone came out and they still haven't fixed it......
    that would be user error. Don't click the screen on your face when talking on the phone.
    09-05-09 05:43 PM
    that would be user error. Don't click the screen on your face when talking on the phone.
    Sounds like someone just doesn't know how to hold a phone. If your shoulder is pushing the phone against your cheek/chin hard enough to click it, you'll have that problem with any phone.
    09-05-09 10:21 PM
    Sounds like someone just doesn't know how to hold a phone. If your shoulder is pushing the phone against your cheek/chin hard enough to click it, you'll have that problem with any phone.
    Oh stop it! The "cheeks hitting the touchscreen" is a legitimate problem. BUT it is easily fixed with an app. To the OP - The phone will not give you problems if you use the latest OS leak or even the verizon release. Earlier OS's sucked boolls! the .151 or .167 will give you a better experience. If it doesn't then you probably only have one option - the iphone
    09-05-09 10:49 PM
    A browser that's super fast is a 3rd party app(free) called BOLT. I use BOLT whenever I want to browse certain websites as a full desktop PC-style, and is available on all types of mobile phones. Web content is never reformatted, repurposed, or removed.
    You may have heard of Opera Mini which is a quick browser too, but to me its functions, etc. are rather quirky. Some people prefer it.

Might I suggest BOLT 1st - Here's the download link: Bolt Browser - Download

As far as unwanted buttons being touched cheek-to-screen there's a phenomenal app which I use called StormSlider. I suggested it to someone else having the same issue and I posted this reply on another thread:
    Storm Slider is an excellent app too. Besides locking your phone when you talk, it has a plethora of options.
    vvvvvvv
    Features:
    Fast / Smooth Locking App
    Works with default lock button
    Simple to use / setup
    Landscape & Portrait Mode
    Secure, using a 4 digit password (you can enable / disable this)
    Activate on phone call (no more pressing buttons with your cheeks)
    Activate on screen timeout
    Activate on phone startup
    Tons of Customizable Options
    Also, peep this vid:slider.flv video by DioDiSesso - Photobucket OR
    Check it out here too for $2.99: BerrySlider - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by xwhite_rabbitx; 09-05-09 at 11:26 PM.
    09-05-09 11:14 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD