staying with .109
    03-12-09 11:09 PM
    .114 with the keyboard swap is working great for me and I think I will stick with it. I like to be able to tilt my keyboard a little when in the car or laying on the couch. .109 was just to o responsive. I have said this in another thread and I will say it here as well. We need to have the ability to adjust the horizontal/vertical swing point in the options so that we can control it the way we want to. All in all I am enjoying .114

edit: .114 takes a few hours to finally settle in but when it does it is fine.
    03-12-09 11:09 PM
    .114 is def. crap for sure... I had it for about 3 hours, wanted to smash the phone. Got the .113/.114 hybrid and very pleased
    03-12-09 11:14 PM
    I've got .114 right now and will be doing a hybrid version of it tomorrow to fix the keyboard. .109 was nice except for all the people who told me it sounded like I was breaking up over the phone during conversations. Haven't had that complaint with .114 yet. So I'll stick with a .114 variation.

Nice thing about all theses beta OS's, you can pick your favorite.
    03-12-09 11:18 PM
    .114 sounds absolutely horrible, a big step back from all the things im reading about it. Im glad i did not update.
    I did. It went something like this:

1) Install .114
    2) Realize .114 doesn't allow me to access the dial-pad during a phone call
    3) Curse loudly
    4) Read up on how to fix the issue with the .109 keyboard code
    5) Wipe, reinstall, reactivate with the BES
    6) Run for less than 10 minutes before I realize my little network activity arrows are gone (trivial, I know, but I am OCD with that type of stuff)
    7) Curse loudly, again.
    8) Stumble across the .113 / .114 hybrid instructions
    9) Wipe, reinstall, reactivate with the BES
    10) Arrows still gone, reboot while Slackering (it's a word, I just made it up), full portrait keyboard won't go away on home screen no matter what I do.
    11) Curse yet again
    12) Reinstall .109 with 3/4ths of a day shot monkeying around with something I shouldn't have bothered touching in the first place.

Such is the life of a beta OS addict.
    03-12-09 11:45 PM
    I did. It went something like this:

1) Install .114
    2) Realize .114 doesn't allow me to access the dial-pad during a phone call
    3) Curse loudly
    4) Read up on how to fix the issue with the .109 keyboard code
    5) Wipe, reinstall, reactivate with the BES
    6) Run for less than 10 minutes before I realize my little network activity arrows are gone (trivial, I know, but I am OCD with that type of stuff)
    7) Curse loudly, again.
    8) Stumble across the .113 / .114 hybrid instructions
    9) Wipe, reinstall, reactivate with the BES
    10) Arrows still gone, reboot while Slackering (it's a word, I just made it up), full portrait keyboard won't go away on home screen no matter what I do.
    11) Curse yet again
    12) Reinstall .109 with 3/4ths of a day shot monkeying around with something I shouldn't have bothered touching in the first place.

Such is the life of a beta OS addict.
    Definitely is the life of a beta addict. I am tired of upgrading and 109 really works well for me outside of several nagging speed issues. I actually depend on the findings a lot now rather than test every OS to see how it works for me. 109 had very positive feedback all around and was an easy choice. 114 was the exact opposite, and was an easy choice not to try.
    03-13-09 12:05 AM
    So not only is the dial pad on 114 screwed up but the activity arrows are gone also eh?? didnt know this. Im kind of OCD bout that also, i always look to see if its receiving and sending stuff.

Im glad i made the decision to stick with 109, this thread really took off with people reverting back to 109 after trying 114.

I to am usually a addict on getting the latest release but i gotta hang back on this one, its definetly to many more bugs to worry about.

109 is good but definetly not THEE best, thee best has not been made yet. Overall im still depressed on the speed of the storm. In actuallity i would like to compare mine to someones who says theirs is really fast because i just dont believe it.
    03-13-09 02:18 AM
    I had 114 for two hours. It amazes me that this is what? The 5th or 6th leaked os? And RIM just totally digressed Back to 109.
    How can you complain about a nonofficial LEAKED OS?
    03-13-09 03:35 AM
    I just reloaded 109. 114 is probably just a feature demo for the new cursor control and desensitized accelerometer. I doubt it was actually distributed for beta testing as a release candidate. Is it even a complete OS package? The phone didn't even ring much of the time, and I know RIM wouldn't overlook something like the dialpad. 114 is probably a tech-demo only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 08:31 AM
    uhhhhhhhh .113/114. hybrid is way better then .109 and the copy and paste feature and battery are awesome
    03-13-09 08:33 AM
    I accept that as a possibility but the glitches, like sms/phone ringtones failing to sound, and the data arrows being on again/off again, are sneaky. I need to wait a day or so to see if they occur. I'm not waiting around to find out if the 113/114 slot machine delivers a working cell phone. 109 works like a charm already.

03-13-09 08:42 AM
    Im sticking with .109
    03-13-09 09:24 AM
    I'm sticking with my "ghetto" build hyvrid, BUT I recommend sticking with .109 if you have not upgraded yet. .109 is fine!
    03-13-09 09:35 AM
    uhhhhhhhh .113/114. hybrid is way better then .109 and the copy and paste feature and battery are awesome

+1

I'm new here, but damn. You guys did a GREAT job figuring out this hybrid.

i dont know if i could go back to 109 after this. by FAR the most stable and much faster than 109 (especially the browser)

honestly I call 113/114 hybrid a pretty solid OS all around. I have almost no complaints about the storm anymore. LOVE this thing now. 109 was nice, but this is much better
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 03-13-09 at 09:39 AM.
    03-13-09 09:36 AM
    How can you complain about a nonofficial LEAKED OS?
    All I'm saying is that an UNOFFICIAL 109 showed some real improvements while 114 has caused threads like this to be created.
    What is there not to get?
    03-13-09 10:14 AM
    All I'm saying is that an UNOFFICIAL 109 showed some real improvements while 114 has caused threads like this to be created.
    What is there not to get?
    What you don't seem to get is that beta versions, of any software, are not necessarily aimed at sequentially "getting better." For example, RIM may have *purposely* disabled the in-call dial pad, etc, to see if it was causing a problem with a different module, etc. This build may have been in "existence" for an hour, a day, or even less. These builds are for testing purposes *only,* and the fact that something doesn't work, or performs worse, is no indication of RIM's intent. For all we know, RIM may be creating multiple builds a day (we know that they are way further along than .114). We're just getting a snapshot of what RIM was testing at a given moment in time.
    03-13-09 10:46 AM
    What you don't seem to get is that beta versions, of any software, are not necessarily aimed at sequentially "getting better." For example, RIM may have *purposely* disabled the in-call dial pad, etc, to see if it was causing a problem with a different module, etc. This build may have been in "existence" for an hour, a day, or even less. These builds are for testing purposes *only,* and the fact that something doesn't work, or performs worse, is no indication of RIM's intent. For all we know, RIM may be creating multiple builds a day (we know that they are way further along than .114). We're just getting a snapshot of what RIM was testing at a given moment in time.
    Thats understood, lets just hope they get it right in the end! lol
    03-13-09 12:35 PM
    didn't like it, back to .109
    03-13-09 12:41 PM
    yeah, I'm usually all over these beta releases like a cheap suit but I'm ok with .109 for now. just hope with the official release for the 9500, ours is not too far down the road...
    Sounds like a .109/.114 hybrid would be close enough for an official OS release. Don't know what they would have to lose by just doing it. You could make the case that their pr took it on the chin by first releasing a flagship phone before it was ready and then, secondly, giving the impression that fixing it wasn't a top priority.

They have some wounds to heal.

03-13-09 01:34 PM
    i defended .114 at first but now i regret it and say to stick with .109... leave .114 its got to many bugs like the dissappearing data in and out (yes this happened to me now too)
    03-13-09 04:45 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD