I have verizon and i'm taking a plane to florida friday and ive heard about having service while flying which im really excited about any will i be paying extra while flying or while in florida?
    02-11-09 10:54 PM
    where did you hear that? it's not a satellite phone and i think you usually fly higher then the towers range. Also most if anything you'd be roaming which will cost you and most all airlines that i know of ask you to put the phone off or in airline mode which shuts off the signal receiver
    02-11-09 10:58 PM
    It really depends on your calling plan. If you are not sure of your calling plan, you can call VzW customer service to find out.
    02-11-09 10:59 PM
    where did you hear that? it's not a satellite phone and i think you usually fly higher then the towers range. Also most if anything you'd be roaming which will cost you and most all airlines that i know of ask you to put the phone off or in airline mode which shuts off the signal receiver
    In following thread, an user describes how they were able to use their bb while on a flight.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ama...-thing-154175/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD