lol... ummmm i can lie and say yes , or be realistic to my self and say no lol ... also cx did you see my other post on handbook guide where i ask you to say dog or cat or bark twice if you in milwaki lol ??
    11-09-08 10:35 PM
    I wish Kevin Byrne could tell us if it will be available online and by phone before its in stores. Kevin, you out there?
    Don't take what I say as truth because I have absolutely no clue...but it always seems like a sticky situation when companies take something highly touted and release it online or by phone a few days early so people can order and have it shipped to arrive on a specific date (release date). They always seem to arrive a day or two early. I know I've had that happen with a few things.
    11-09-08 10:36 PM
    i have never had it happen
    11-09-08 10:51 PM
    i have never had it happen
    That's cus you live in the boonies

I've always lived near a major hub (Atlanta) or the center of the coast (Virginia) so i'm kind of either the middle man or close to a shipping center.
    11-09-08 10:52 PM
    Don't take what I say as truth because I have absolutely no clue...but it always seems like a sticky situation when companies take something highly touted and release it online or by phone a few days early so people can order and have it shipped to arrive on a specific date (release date). They always seem to arrive a day or two early. I know I've had that happen with a few things.

I think I've had that happen with pretty much every game I ever pre-ordered. I would always get them 1-2 days before the release in stores.
    11-09-08 10:54 PM
    true .. lol ... ugh sucks .... o well
    11-09-08 10:54 PM
    Thanks for the info. And nice on asking him to play with the phone. I would of been to scared to ask.
    11-09-08 11:21 PM
    Haha true, I was. I just had to play with it though. He actually offered to let me play with it. I just asked about how he had one. I'm lucky he was a nice guy.
    11-09-08 11:29 PM
    Haha true, I was. I just had to play with it though. He actually offered to let me play with it. I just asked about how he had one. I'm lucky he was a nice guy.
    Thnx for the writeup, UrbanGlowCam. Makes for a good end to the weekend.
    11-10-08 12:10 AM
    How lucky was I to see that? The LAST place I thought I'd see it too, AT WORK. I'm glad I didn't call in sick today.

I was very impressed with the resolution. It WAS in the dark though and everything popped out a lot. When turning the device, you can still see it about as clear as from the front. This should be great for videos. Trust me, I noticed it was a Storm from the traditional Storm keypad from far away and it was as crisp as ever.

I did notice that it dimmed a lot during use. I'm guessing it was to save battery but it did it randomly sometimes. I hear the phone has the sensor like the iphone does to see when its dark/light outside and adjust the brightness accordingly so that could be it. But I wasn't moving around much.
    hope it has that sensor for light and dark that would be great.. heres a question your outside high noon suns a blazing your shades are on you reach for the storm to text how well is the screen in direct sunlight?
    11-10-08 02:15 AM
    I wish I could answer that but each of the two times I've used the phone, it's been in a dimly lit area already and at night. I'm curious about this too.
    11-10-08 02:30 AM
    I wish I could answer that but each of the two times I've used the phone, it's been in a dimly lit area already and at night. I'm curious about this too.
    maybe CX could answer this for us..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 08:36 AM
    Do you know one thing that I don't know if it's ever been mentioned, when people compare the storm to the iphone... The iphone can't run more than one app at a time. You ask why is this important? well if you are a person that keeps in thouch with a lot of your friends through IM than you know that you can leave clients like gtalk on forever and be notified when you receive a new message. If the storm is anything like the curve when it comes to battery life than leaving your IM client on all day will be a non-issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 09:28 AM
    if i needed to type a long text or emial does it take longer because it it a touchscreen? tell me about the click but you dont have to commit to the thing you clicked feature on it... thanks
    11-10-08 11:18 AM
    go click a mac book pro ... same thing pretty much
    11-10-08 11:32 AM
    So, what did he have to say about BGR? lol I bet they weren't very nice comments!
    11-10-08 11:50 AM
    Nothing really. Just that they realize BGR has been making their product look bad and things like that. I'm sure they even browse the Crackberry forums every once in awhile.
    11-10-08 12:15 PM
    Nothing really. Just that they realize BGR has been making their product look bad and things like that. I'm sure they even browse the Crackberry forums every once in awhile.
    Maybe we do, I mean maybe they do. .
    11-10-08 12:17 PM
    Haha nice cjro. Now hook me up with a Storm!
    11-10-08 12:35 PM
    By the way the guy said if you signed up for the Verizon mailing list you'll be the first to know about how to get the phone. I dunno how helpful that is.
    11-10-08 12:44 PM
    URBANGLOWCAM if i needed to type a long text or emial does it take longer because it it a touchscreen? how many times would you mess up due to a touchscreen in a text just asking cause u have actually touched it... thanks
    11-10-08 02:22 PM
    URBANGLOWCAM if i needed to type a long text or emial does it take longer because it it a touchscreen? how many times would you mess up due to a touchscreen in a text just asking cause u have actually touched it... thanks
    It's just a matter of getting used to.
    Since the screen clicks when you type it is more like a real keyboard (or, that's what they promise ).
    Just start typing a whole lot and after a while I'll bet you'll be just as error free as you are on another keyboard
    11-10-08 02:40 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD