Just ordered a new 9530 through amazon with a new contract.

Cancelling my line on my family plan and picking up my own contract.

Downloading 103 now and looking forward to the adventure.

My curve has treated me well...if anyone is in the market for a 2 month old 8330 let me knowIll post back once its in my hands friday night
    02-12-09 12:41 AM
    I got mine last week the same way. Had a Curve since October and regretted not waiting.

Anyway, you'll love the Storm especially if your a tinker-er lol. Stick with .75 for at least two days so you can gauge the difference between all the leaked OSes. Also get the DM up and running, updated and flawless before attempting a beta os.

Oh, and make sure you back up your curve to the DM before you switch it all over. I did mine like this:

- Backup curve
    - Activated the Storm
    - Did a "transfer from Curve to Storm... you'll have to have both connected to your computer, but it worked flawlessly for me. All data was put right in there.

Only hiccup i had was transfering over my 3rd party apps from my curve to my storm. Make sure you don't do that.

Yeah, thats about all i had to search through these forums to do lol. All the other stuff you need is in the sticky-s.
    02-12-09 12:50 AM
    Well i work in IT and also work for the Chambe of Commerce and most of my coworkers have had Storms since the begining of time :-)

So I have played with theres and have really watched the blogs/foroums about the various os's

One question...I have had nothing but problems with updating via 4.7 which I understand is the worst of all DM's right now...however can you update the storm os with 4.6? or by simply using apploader from the 4.7 software???
    02-12-09 12:56 AM
    Well i work in IT and also work for the Chambe of Commerce and most of my coworkers have had Storms since the begining of time :-)

So I have played with theres and have really watched the blogs/foroums about the various os's

One question...I have had nothing but problems with updating via 4.7 which I understand is the worst of all DM's right now...however can you update the storm os with 4.6? or by simply using apploader from the 4.7 software???
    I have a problem with 4.7 as well. The Roxio kept freezing on me... I gave up. Before that I DL'd 4.6 ... it wasn't reading my Storm. I have no idea ....
    02-12-09 10:02 AM
    Roxio sucks. If music s your thing use media sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 10:08 AM
    Or just drag and drop onto the sdcard.
    02-12-09 10:32 AM
    Clear your storms browser cache before you got to upgrade...something i started doing after a recomendation i read here... smooth sailing ever since.

If your upgrading to a beta OS you have to kill your net connection before the update starts after you've installed the beta os to your computer. Follow the directions on the sticky in the beta OS "How To" thread.

I'd also NOT transfer your 3rd party apps when you use the DM.

Good LUck!
    02-13-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD