Currently running my 2nd replacement and just ordered my 3rd. My newest Sotrm is working much better with regard to the screen clicking, but its not perfect.....and frankly whether its wishful thinking or not I want it to be perfect.

Anyway, just wanted everyone to know that not counting hold time the whole transaction took 10 minutes. Tech asked if I tried hard and soft reset. I said I did. She processed and sent me a new phone. No problem

Don't let a VZW rep at a store or on the phone tell you they can't send you a new one.
    01-05-09 01:21 PM
    Just keep in mind you may never find a perfect one.
    01-05-09 01:29 PM
    I found my perfect one. Its my 5th. My 4th was close but then the mute and lock key on top stopped working
    01-05-09 01:31 PM
    There was a question on a different post about "a flawless device" in which case, they don't exist.

It would be nice if you could pick options like cars and have a custom-built device. I'm sure it could be done...but for a price.
    01-05-09 01:33 PM
    So do we have one year to return our storms for defects? If so then what is the Jan 15th date thing everyone keeps talking about?
    01-05-09 01:34 PM
    Just keep in mind you may never find a perfect one.
    I hear ya. I'm not holding my breath, but while the 30 day period lasts I'll keep trying.
    01-05-09 01:35 PM
    How the heck do you know what constitutes a flawless device if you have never operated one???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 01:35 PM
    So do we have one year to return our storms for defects? If so then what is the Jan 15th date thing everyone keeps talking about?
    I asked this exact question in another post "What happens after 1/15?". It seems the 1/15 date is for refunds and exchanges for different devices. After that you are under a VZW contract for 2 years and you own a Storm.

As far as getting replacements for the Storm if there are defects you should be good for a year.
    01-05-09 01:37 PM
    How the heck do you know what constitutes a flawless device if you have never operated one???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The only issue I am having (and have had with all my three Storms) is the screen click. Its difficult to click in spots. I guess flawless is the wrong word. I just want one that I am totally content with. My first one was amazing once I put carboard behind the battery, but I didn't want that to be the long term fix.
    01-05-09 01:38 PM
    HHHmmmmm perfect storm...wasn't there a movie called that....didn't look like as much fun as playing with my perfectly imperfect storm....Just my opinion for whatever it's worth but I feel like hardware issues and functionality of the phone all together is something that perhaps people have a right to upset about....poor craftmenship...poor quality building....pushing a product out and building something poorly....well that is shame on them....software issues on the other hand....woking through the bugs...developing something new and trying to come up with a good product...that is something that we should have patience with....I consider myself fairly patient and level headed...but when you have to call verizon 20 times....hmmmmm...wonder who is going to reimburse ME for my time...that's not covered by my insurance...or at least I don't think it is.
    01-05-09 01:40 PM
    I am going to call Verizon later today for my third phone.
    I found a tiny little piece of dust under the screen few days ago, thinking it won't bother me much just a little tiny piece of dust you really have to know it's there to notice it.
    Now I have couple little tiny pieces of dust under the screen and it bugs me like you won't believe, really that couple little pieces of dust is all I see.
    The funny thing is I know I won't care or even bother to wipe it off if it's on the screen, since now it's under the screen and I can't remove it. It's like they are mocking me under there, knowing I won't be able to touch them!! ARG!! So while this phone was perfect in pretty much all aspects... until the moment those dust bunnies decided to move in under the screen. Now I feel sad every time I look at my storm and all I can see are the dusts under the screen... ""STOP MOCKING ME!""
    01-05-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD