ok, so im new to this site and im new to the whole blackberry phone thing.... i had a blackberry 8800 and i liked it but i gave it up for a iPhone that i unlocked and used on tmobile for about 2 yrs... then the Storm came out and i jumped all over it... canceled tmobile and jumped to verizon... but here we go...

i love the whole concept of a touch screen blackberry. blackberries are sick devices they do everything and anythin you can think of.... i love the blackberry platform... but this is the thing...im sooo fed up with my storm.. im tryin soo hard to not give on on it... but it is soooo frustrating.... i've swapped my phone out 3 times already.... 1st phone was pretty decent except for the freezin, 2nd phone was horrible... screen didn't click right, froze all the time, restarted itself all the time it was just bad, now on my 3rd its still freezing, still restarting its just bad.... it takes forever to answer a call... when im taking videos of my kids its freezes making me have to take out the battery to restart it... its just crazy.... each time i've gone to the verizon store i have to sit there for about 2 hrs just to prove my case to them... cause they never believe me when i say the phone is horrible.... now since im on the 3rd phone they def never wanna help me.... i've considered upgrading the OS to the newesst one but its only a beta product and im not sure i wanna risk messing up my phone even more..... with my iPhone i never had these issues... my phone was perfect.... yes i know the storm isn't anythin like the iPhone but hey am i wrong for expecting blackberry to have a near flawless device?? i mean blackberry is a huge name just like apple... and all there other phones have been awesome... i know its there first touchscreen device but come on man... verizon you guys need to do somethin to help me out here... i really wanna make this phone work but the simple fact that nobody wants to help me out is makin me just want to swallow the 200 cancelation fee and go back to tmobile and my unlocked iPhone..... im sorry if i bored anyone out of there mind but i know there are some people out there with the same issue....

don't flame me too hard... im new remember that lol
    01-28-09 08:58 PM
    i'm right there with ya... i just made a post on "how to get rid of my Storm"

I'm disappointed.. and just pulled out storm to 2 iPhone users and it was frozon on a 523 App error?.. they laughed their asses off. Then i said wait.. it take 5 to 8 minutes to boot.. then they hit the floor laughing again! at the boot time.

It seriously embarrassed me today and i'm pissed.
    01-28-09 09:56 PM
    Well if you're looking for sympathy here pal, you came to the wrong place... everyone here agrees on one thing coming in... the Storm has no issues that are not USER issues.. got that?

Oh wait... I am a Storm naysayer... sorry, I got carried away.

There are 4 general reactions you are going to get here.

1. "This is why Verizon gives you 30 days. Nobody said it was going to be flawless. That's pie in the sky. Take it back (or you should have taken it back) and quit yer whining."

2. "My Storm has none of these issues. Strange. I must have the only perfect Storm. For all others, just wait. RIM will fix it. I just know (feel) it."

3. "This is user error. Am I right?"

And my response...

4. It's too bad that this phone continues to have these serious unresolved issues. If you have the chance, take it back or sell it. V2 will likely be much better.

Good Luck
    01-28-09 10:04 PM
    im hopin they fix these issues... cause like i said i don't wanna get rid of my storm at heart...... but i wish i was in your shoes.. having a perfect storm....
    01-28-09 10:19 PM
    Well if you're looking for sympathy here pal, you came to the wrong place... everyone here agrees on one thing coming in... the Storm has no issues that are not USER issues.. got that?

Oh wait... I am a Storm naysayer... sorry, I got carried away.

There are 4 general reactions you are going to get here.

1. "This is why Verizon gives you 30 days. Nobody said it was going to be flawless. That's pie in the sky. Take it back (or you should have taken it back) and quit yer whining."

2. "My Storm has none of these issues. Strange. I must have the only perfect Storm. For all others, just wait. RIM will fix it. I just know (feel) it."

3. "This is user error. Am I right?"

And my response...

4. It's too bad that this phone continues to have these serious unresolved issues. If you have the chance, take it back or sell it. V2 will likely be much better.

Good Luck
    dude im always afraid to let people use my phone.. worrying about how hard they are gonna make fun of me cause they phone is all flash and no brains....
    01-28-09 10:20 PM
    I was being amazingly sarcastic. I think the phone is at best an 80/20 shot in the dark whether you will have major issues or not...

Good luck either way.
    01-28-09 10:21 PM
    disregard please................
    01-28-09 10:22 PM
    thanks man
    01-28-09 10:23 PM
    Look. The device has major issues. We know this. The bottom line is that there are two types of people; those who will not tolerate the flaws and will return the device, and those who will patiently await inevitable improvements via os updates.

Oh. Wait. Three types of people. Those who should quit comparing this device to the iphone and crying.

Either take the device back and move on with your life, or accept the fact that you own a first gen device with flaws. Maybe no one told you this, but you didn't buy an iphone. That's att. You were in the Verizon store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 10:36 PM
    love sassy women
    01-28-09 10:39 PM
    love sassy women
    Hehe. Well, its true....

01-28-09 10:44 PM
    That whole first gen device is such a damn cop out. They put a device out...you expect it to work. The example above speaks volumes...takes out the phone and it is restarting...WHY SHOULD WE NOT BE UPSET?? Why do you people accept flaws?
    01-28-09 11:21 PM
    Ive said it before and I will say it again. Several thousands of users love this product and it works great (including me).

There is an old common train of thought that is true. A happy customer will tell 3 to 4 people about their good experience and a dis-satisfied one will tell 10 - 20. What we have here is the people trying to tell their 10 - 20....

Did anyone stop and think this site only gets a fraction of the Blackberry users to participate and the fact is happy people are 10x less likely to voice their opinion than unhappy people. Even if the 1m sold statement by VZ is an exaggeration the, to be generous, 1000 people that post here that they hate the storm only account for a very small percentage of actual storm owners. The vast majority actually love it. Granted some people have issues with the product and I say some intentionally. Some is not all, some is not most, some is just some......most are completely satisfied, they just don't post here.
    01-28-09 11:34 PM
    have to say, i'm becoming sick of my storm too...

after a few days, it's slow as a pig and i have to pull the battery, but i have the innocase ii which isn't so easy to take off, so it's all a GIANT PAIN.

and sometimes i boot it up and it's stuck on the verizon logo screen and i can't get it off (back to pulling the battery).

and why the heck does it ask me if i want to do something with the SIM or GSM every time it powers up?

RIM - FIX YOUR DAMNED SOFTWARE!
    01-28-09 11:40 PM
    Look. The device has major issues. We know this. The bottom line is that there are two types of people; those who will not tolerate the flaws and will return the device, and those who will patiently await inevitable improvements via os updates.

Oh. Wait. Three types of people. Those who should quit comparing this device to the iphone and crying.

Either take the device back and move on with your life, or accept the fact that you own a first gen device with flaws. Maybe no one told you this, but you didn't buy an iphone. That's att. You were in the Verizon store.

im pretty sure everything you just flamed me on... i said already....
    1. im tolerating the flaws.... as i said im hopin they fix it, im stickin with it cause i really like the blackberry platform
    2. again i said im stickin it out and waiting for the offical update
    3. i said in in my vent... that i know this is no iphone blah blah blah... did i not?? ok

so with that said thanks for your input though
    01-28-09 11:54 PM
    That whole first gen device is such a damn cop out. They put a device out...you expect it to work. The example above speaks volumes...takes out the phone and it is restarting...WHY SHOULD WE NOT BE UPSET?? Why do you people accept flaws?

exactly what i said.... why should i not expect the best from a company who prides themselves on being the best in the country???? i understand its a competative market and BB needs to stay in the mix with all these awesome phones out there.... but come on man... work on the device as hard as these other companies doo..... people spend a lot of money on these things... why shouldn't we expect the best??? i know the world is not perfect but nobody deserves the headaches that are given cause a buggy device....
    01-28-09 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD