I have been having issues trying to enter my password since going to .103.

I can see that the characters that are getting entered are sometimes in UPPERCASE.

It seems to be mostly characters on the extreem left of the keyboard in landscape or portrait mode in Full Querty mode. Actually they all do it but it happens to me on the left more since I am slow picking up my thumb on the leftmost characters.

I know if you are slow the characters change to Wierd stuff. Like for "a" it shows 7 different "a" with punctuation on top of the charaters. How do I get it to stop doing that?

But that is not my real question. I am having issues with getting uppercase where I want lowercase.

Like an "a" gets entered as "A". Hmmm OK just testing it a bit here.
    I see that if I leave my finger on it too long after pressing the key it goes upper case. Like you press and then release but leave finger on it.

Which setting adjusts that so it does not go uppercase so quickly?

I am running with:
    Tap Interval: 100
    Hover Period:100
    Swipe Sensitivity: 2

So I am guessing Hover is the issue. Let me try bumping it up.

Hover Period:600 No change

Nope so now am at:
    Tap Interval: 400
    Hover Period:600
    Swipe Sensitivity: 5

And it still goes uppercase easily, too fast. No noticable change.

If I just go into notepad and type "aaaaaaa" I get "Aaaaaa" if I do it really fast. But slower, like when I do a password so I can read it while typing I get "aAAAAaa"

What do I need to change.
    02-13-09 08:40 PM
    thats weird
    02-13-09 11:18 PM
    Tap 300
    Hover 100
    Swipe 3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:51 PM
    This is the option called "key rate." It is akin to keyboard repeat rate on a PC. It affects how quickly characters like numbers repeat when held. Unfortunately it also controls the delay until repeating occurs. On storm, letters don't repeat when held. They become capitalized. Turning up key rate let's you backspace quickly, but makes the time to capitalize a letter too short. You get accidental caps as a result.

02-14-09 08:30 AM
    Tap 300
    Hover 100
    Swipe 3

Mine is the same except for the swipe being at 6, what made you choose 3 out of curiosity? Is there a reason or did you arbitrarily choose it?
    02-14-09 09:43 AM
    This is the option called "key rate." It is akin to keyboard repeat rate on a PC. It affects how quickly characters like numbers repeat when held. Unfortunately it also controls the delay until repeating occurs. On storm, letters don't repeat when held. They become capitalized. Turning up key rate let's you backspace quickly, but makes the time to capitalize a letter too short. You get accidental caps as a result.

Where do I find "Key rate" in the options????
    02-14-09 02:35 PM
    Tap 300
    Hover 100
    Swipe 3

I will give it a try for a while and see if it is any better.

Thanks!
    02-14-09 02:38 PM
    you can find keyrate under "options" then "screen/keyboard", set it to normal. If you are typing and your letter switches to caps to quickly then slow the keyrate down. Mine is set to normal
    02-14-09 04:04 PM
    you can find keyrate under "options" then "screen/keyboard", set it to normal. If you are typing and your letter switches to caps to quickly then slow the keyrate down. Mine is set to normal

I guess I was blind. Idid not see that. I thought it would be down with the other settigns but it is more in the middle of the settings.

Changing to NORMAL kmakes all the difference in the world! Thanks that helps a bunch. Now I can use QUERTY in portrait mode.
    02-14-09 07:39 PM
    Mine is the same except for the swipe being at 6, what made you choose 3 out of curiosity? Is there a reason or did you arbitrarily choose it?
    I have no issues swiping at 3. Didn't feel the need to go higher.... certainly not maxed out.
    02-15-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD