is the Odin not REALLY the second gen Storm? I think of it more like a Storm 1.5 (without click screen for those that don't want it). I'm guessing that the guts will be almost the same as the original. I will even go as far as to speculate that the the real Storm 2 (Storm 3) will once again have some sort of improved click screen feature. I just can't see them ditching this technology after it sold a solid number of units with the original Storm.

Just my two cents...
    05-22-09 12:32 AM
    Thats what the speculation is , is that this was the intended storm 1 , but it was rushed and they poped out storm 2 , which really dosent make sense because of surepress , but whatever. and well with the storm having wi fi and all its pretty good , especially if it has a great non click touch screen , i just wish they didnt lose the click, just improved it.
    05-22-09 12:36 AM
    The Storm 2 IMO is like what the iPhone 3G is to the original iPhone. Just a minor hardware upgrade. I definitely don't consider it the second generation. There's just not enough separating it from the original iPhone. As of now, I feel the same way but I'm sure my opinion will change as we find out new info about the Storm 2 such as the specs and what's different overall.
    05-22-09 12:38 AM
    The Storm 2 IMO is like what the iPhone 3G is to the original iPhone. Just a minor hardware upgrade. I definitely don't consider it the second generation. There's just not enough separating it from the original iPhone. As of now, I feel the same way but I'm sure my opinion will change as we find out new info about the Storm 2 such as the specs and what's different overall.
    Agreed , but honestly in my opinion this is " new storm" is more like storm .5 lol, its the same thing but minus what made the storm the storm , surepress .
    05-22-09 12:39 AM
    Agreed , but honestly in my opinion this is " new storm" is more like storm .5 lol, its the same thing but minus what made the storm the storm , surepress .
    I like the way you think. I agree, Storm 0.5 would seem more appropriate!
    05-22-09 12:42 AM
    So, in the end, the most serious complaints about the Storm1 are due to software, right?

The clicking screen seems alright to me, so that's no big deal.

So if the guts are the same, I can't imagine why anyone would be terrifically thrilled with the Storm2.

In essence, I am thinking that we are all really just waiting for improved software/firmware.

right?
    05-22-09 09:31 AM
    I like the way you think. I agree, Storm 0.5 would seem more appropriate!
    .7 because of wi-fi
    I also agree, we need a software upgrade more than anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 10:10 AM
    Agree, there seem to be some minor tweekes and changes. The hard ware is the same except it might have Wi-fi and "true type?"

Wifi is not an issue for me, the only thing I really dig about the new storm is the integrated call and menu bottons.

However thee is still a chance that Storm 2 might become the next generation storm if it is released late next year. Then we know that RIM has been making big changes to it. It the storm 2 released this year then to me it is Storm 1.5.
    05-22-09 10:47 AM
    I guess we'll have to wait and see what this "TruePress" actually is. We haven't learned much from the video due to the fact that the phone isn't able to get past the license agreement screen.

If it's just a normal touch screen phone with haptic feedback I won't be impressed. Hopefully the speculations on a pressure sensing screen are correct and it's totally revolutionary.
    Last edited by thirdeye; 05-22-09 at 11:28 PM.
    05-22-09 11:12 PM
    Isn't it funny how everyone is already judging this phone and not a single one of you have actually touched it? Maybe it will be .5 but chances are it will be better than the first one. Unless you all have no faith in Blackberry you have to be able to see that "most" of RIM's phones have only gotten better as they aged and were improved upon.
    05-22-09 11:26 PM
    Isn't it funny how everyone is already judging this phone and not a single one of you have actually touched it? Maybe it will be .5 but chances are it will be better than the first one. Unless you all have no faith in Blackberry you have to be able to see that "most" of RIM's phones have only gotten better as they aged and were improved upon.
    Well right now we're just speculating on what we've seen and heard. Sorry but with the current Storm, that's enough reason right there imo to not have faith in RIM when it comes to future touchscreen BB's. Compared to other BB's, I'm sure there are quite a few that would say it has been a let down, including myself and I love my Storm.
    05-22-09 11:29 PM
    Great quote in your sig MgB. Awesome show! Unfortunately the new season doesn't air until 3Q '09!
    05-22-09 11:33 PM
    Great quote in your sig MgB. Awesome show! Unfortunately the new season doesn't air until 3Q '09!
    Yah I know, I miss good 'ole Dex, who ever knew a show could be so well written and casted that you would find yourself rooting for the serial killer...

Maybe Dexter will have a Storm 2 in the next season. :] ;] :]
    05-23-09 03:24 AM
    IMO, this could very well be a great improvement on the current Storm. I've never been a fan of SurePress... It's one of the main reasons I've never gotten one (that and the fact that I'd have to switch to Verizon for it). Flame me if you want, but I like the screen of the iPhone, and even if this is just a capacitive screen with haptic feedback, it would put it far ahead of the current Storm. Add WiFi, and I'm pretty much sold on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD