05-21-09 12:44 PM
32 12
tools
    ok so i downloaded last night and unlike all the other os that i have installed this one took a hour to finish but after restoring the back up and 1 battery pull every thing became amazing fast even the things i complaned about before not anymore oh my god this is soo great even the memory in 2 hours i get below 5mb thanks to epocrates but now its staying at a steady 24mb came down to 10mb but then cleaned itself up.. what can i say i am in love with this phone its finally smart
    05-20-09 07:30 PM
    QUOTE EDIT
    was that really necessary?
    everybody is now a comedian
    Last edited by Duvi; 05-21-09 at 02:00 AM. Reason: :-)
    05-20-09 07:34 PM
    Each time a new OS comes out, people immediately claim it's the greatest. It always takes several days for the nasty new bugs to present themselves.

New beta --> "it's the best! make if official!" --> "insert some new fatal error" appears in several days --> "i hate this os im downgrading" threads start to appear --> repeat

Yields an endless cycle of laughter.
    05-20-09 07:40 PM
    .132 had a faster accelerometer...
    05-20-09 07:45 PM
    Golden no, but worthy of official release from VZW? Probably. I think I'd give it a week before I say for sure, but based on the past 16 hours with it I'd say it has a very good chance of making it through VZW testing.
    05-20-09 07:51 PM
    QUOTE EDIT

Can't we all just, get along my man?
    Last edited by Duvi; 05-21-09 at 01:59 AM. Reason: :-)
    05-20-09 07:55 PM
    I consider it "golden" for one reason..... It finally makes the Storm a viable music player; due to the fact that the audioboost volume bug has FINALLY been fixed. Aside from that, it's like .141 with a fixed lock function. Which is to say, a damn fine OS.
    05-20-09 07:55 PM
    Radio is still no good.
    05-20-09 07:57 PM
    I have been using it for a day now...memory leak is minimal on it.. I agree the accelerometer was faster on .132.. but I also appreciate that i have a lock function again on my phone. I think .132 had better batter life as well.

One other thing I have experienced with this..and keep in mind it was only once. But I locked the phone and after being insactive for about 10 minutes the phone turned itself off. I actually had to power it back up.

Might just be a fluke, and there re a lot of good qualities to this build, but I wouldn't call it the "golden one", and I doubt Verizon.. or any other carrier for that matter will launch it as an official release.

With that in mind, I still think I will keep it and continue tinkering around with it.
    05-20-09 07:59 PM
    Each time a new OS comes out, people immediately claim it's the greatest. It always takes several days for the nasty new bugs to present themselves.

New beta --> "it's the best! make if official!" --> "insert some new fatal error" appears in several days --> "i hate this os im downgrading" threads start to appear --> repeat

Yields an endless cycle of laughter.
    +1... Happens every time indeed..

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:01 PM
    its a storm they will never get it right sorry.

05-20-09 08:02 PM
    Until my list starts shrinking or shows sign os shrinking, nothing is GC in my book.

05-20-09 08:07 PM
    Until my list starts shrinking or shows sign os shrinking, nothing is GC in my book.

And your list is what would keep me from calling it "Golden" too. I would say, based on what I've experienced so far, that it's probably Silver, which I think could qualify it for an official release anyway and get all the scared people still on .75 to step up!
    05-20-09 08:11 PM
    Radio is still no good.
    Fine on mine, even gets a good signal in my basement, which is alot more than I can say for any other phone i've owned on VZW.
    05-20-09 08:27 PM
    well sorry for the spelling my work pc dosen't have spell check like my blackberry =].

saying that no carrier would consider this a official os makes me think hey they made .141 a official and it had the lock bug yes verizon didn't approve but another company did. the storm is getting better with every leak rim is trying to fix their wrongs ok this might not be the golden code but it makes my phone better than my coworkers WinMo which is a real smartphone unlike other phones which are just toys not even worth naming. the only thing that makes this phone look like a brick is the palm pre but thats not even out yet and i bet that in 2 weeks after release they will find problems with it also.
    05-20-09 08:30 PM
    its a storm they will never get it right sorry.

THANK YOU STORMSUCKS75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For that fascinatingly informative, insightful post. Your contribution will be duly rewarded as soon as I can think of something completely useless to reward you with.
    05-20-09 08:30 PM
    Fine on mine, even gets a good signal in my basement, which is alot more than I can say for any other phone i've owned on VZW.
    You must have a four leaf clover...

Remember just because you don't experience the issues does not mean it does no exist.

The Samsung A670 is the best phone ever. That phone was all digital and had better reception on a tri-mode network than tri-mode phones.
    05-20-09 08:32 PM

Regarding your list:

I always thought the phone unlocking when disconnecting from a power source was an intended behavior? I sort of like it, to be fair it probably should be a configurable option. It would actually be nice to have a "power settings" menu under Options, with all of the power management and lock/unlock settings configurable from in there.
    05-20-09 08:59 PM

Remember just because you don't experience the issues does not mean it does no exist.
    This is true, however, i'm just relaying my experiences in an area with notoriously bad reception; on 2 different Storms (had to get a refurb when my screen click got extremely bad all of a sudden).
    05-20-09 09:00 PM

The Samsung A670 is the best phone ever. That phone was all digital and had better reception on a tri-mode network than tri-mode phones.
    Strange, I noticed significant improvement in the radio signal.

I actually had a Samsung A670 for over a year and it did have really good signal. but, I had two issues with that phone...one was that it would get VERY hot while in use and the other was that it would stop dialing out about once a week and I would have to pull the battery to reset it. I also had (well, still do) a Samsung Alias and that phone also had really good signal reception. It would pick up signal where nobody was supposed to get it...lol!

Anyway, I'm definitely getting notably more solid reception with the Storm now on this build.
    05-20-09 09:03 PM
    I'm still hesitant.

I'll wait for the official. From what I see it usually takes one or two weeks before people start complaining after all the "omg...this is the best thing ever made" posts are over. I'm sure there are many improvements but that is how it is with any leaked OS. Generally, more faster and better memory management all around but almost every OS has had unique, major bugs.

Even though I hate Verizon for taking so long releasing an official OS, I think it makes sense. There are obvious reasons why each OS shold not be the official next update. I think we ourselves are more strict then Verizon so.... If it's not good enough for Verizon, then it's not good enough for me.

But I do hope .148 gets officialized and I do recommend every Storm owner to try out at least one leaked beta to see at least some potential for the Storm.
    05-20-09 09:11 PM
    judging by the way you type...it seems like it might be smarter than you.
    Why be so negative. People don't come on here to get judged and have people tell them they are stupid. That's basically the gist of your comment.
    05-20-09 09:31 PM
    I'm thinking .148 is it.

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with me or whatever...but did anybody notice that Desktop Manager automatically restored your phone from backup? Mine usually didn't do that. I had to do it manually. Just a thought. Am I imagining things?
    05-20-09 09:36 PM
    I'm thinking .148 is it.

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with me or whatever...but did anybody notice that Desktop Manager automatically restored your phone from backup? Mine usually didn't do that. I had to do it manually. Just a thought. Am I imagining things?
    Never have any issues with this during an OS install, unless the process crashes because of a startup issue on the BB. This happened once due to a terrible .8x release.

05-20-09 10:26 PM
    Never have any issues with this during an OS install, unless the process crashes because of a startup issue on the BB. This happened once due to a terrible .8x release.

That's kind of what I thought was going on...I thought I had seen other users having this same problem in the past. Maybe I am imagining things...been out in the sun way too long.

So far I'm perfectly satisfied with .148....

Lets just say VZW makes this one "official." How many of you will upgrade to the next leak? I know I probably will. So whether its official or not, its really not that big of a deal to me. Anyone agree?
    05-21-09 12:49 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD