I have a nice GSM curve I'll sell you if you want it. Let me know. It's primo.
    01-07-09 12:50 AM
    Man, that's too bad. At least stay in the Blackberry family
    01-07-09 12:53 AM
    Sooks I tell them or give them the ultamatium and tell them Send me 4 Storms and I will take a look at all of them and pick and choose the best one. If one of them suffice I am still here and still a customer and if not sorry. Force there hand.
    It is what I had to do with someone else's phone because the indicator light hole was not cut properly and everything else was shifted to the right....of course I had to call and do all the leg work for someone....cough....cough....FinallyHere.....I mean my cool sweet buddy of mine but we got him straigtened out.
    Well that is what I will do....whats the worse they can say and do? Just a suggestion.
    01-07-09 01:03 AM
    Ok so today my screen literally fell out of the storm and was hanging by the wire. called around to all three verizons in the area one had one left , rushed there and tested it out.... the click is garbages the bottom half is flawless but the top half is ****, so it seems to that either you have to deal with someone what of a click , or dust , and i want neither .... very close to going to a curve and just calling it good... or maybe just maybe , the omnia ..ugh ...
    I'm right there with you. All of my Storms have clicked perfectly, but dust has invaded two of them so far. I'm on #3 that I just received today, and I don't have confidence that this one will be any different. After this, it's either the Curve or iPhone.
    01-07-09 01:28 AM
    Ugh Sooksie say it isn't so!!!

I told you that you were going to keep breaking phones going to all those p0rn sites
    01-07-09 08:49 AM
    lol........ its not dust under the screen man lol
    01-07-09 10:28 AM
    Let me be the first to call BS.

5 replacements?

With the last one having a screen literally fall out of the socket held only by a strand of wire?

Yeah okay. Maybe you ought to look into getting one of those "rugged" phones.

Or better yet, a calling card. You can submerge those babies and they'll keep on ticking.
    Ok, I am the most sarcastic guy on the block normally but why would he want to make this story up??
    01-07-09 10:42 AM
    i had 5 replacements also love the phone i was going to give up but i called verzion told them my story how can you guys send me 5 phones that are ****. long story short the are going to give me one for free should get it friday.
    01-07-09 04:03 PM
    lol........ its not dust under the screen man lol
    Sooks,

You have been a great resource since the Storm first came out, thanks for all the informative posts.

Sorry to hear that #5 did not work out....

I'm currently on Storm #4 and it seems to be holding up thus far, 7 days left to decide whether to return it and get a Curve.........
    01-08-09 12:57 AM
    Im in the same boat as you guys... Im on Storm number 3, just got it last night. Was made 12/30/08... Screen click is good, but the damn gaps are horrible and it drives me nuts at night when that light is coming through those gaps. This one is made in Canada. My previous was made in Mexico and the gap was nill and NO light coming through the sides. Problem with that one, the screen fell off as well. The glue came loose. Id go to the curve but I hate it in Silver... blah... It look ugly!
    01-08-09 09:57 AM
    Just 1 replacement here and I was golden. I do feel for you guys thou!

I WON'T say who I voted for as craziest, do I even have too.
    01-08-09 10:51 AM
    The OP is an *****. And a liar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 10:55 AM

No way man. Sooks has been around here a long time, he's a nice guy and has helped a lot of folks out.
    01-08-09 11:10 AM
    Man... I just picked up my storm about 3 weeks ago and I am loving it. I have been problem free but you guys are starting to get me paranoid
    01-08-09 11:19 AM

No way man. Sooks has been around here a long time, he's a nice guy and has helped a lot of folks out.
    I'm with da Captn' on this one! Sooks is far from a Storm hater. I think his expierence is atypical (yea I know you disagree CK ), BUT I believe he has received 5 bad Storms. It DOES have issues, great phone, but there is no denying that it has issues, BOTH software and hardware.

I think manufacturing HAS improved, or Quality Control, BUT there are still some bad ones out there, and the poor unlucky _______ sooks is one of them! (Blank line ok CX?)

Love ya Sooks hope number 6 (or is it 7???) is a charm.
    01-08-09 01:10 PM
    Sooks - did your screen separate from it's metal backplate, or did the whole thing come out (you can see the button board and button)?

I'm curious because when I took mine apart, the metal plate was larger than the opening in the front bezel.

With the variances in the size of the dreaded gap, I wonder if some gaps are so bad that the whole screen assembly can fit through the front!

If so, that huge variance is a major manufacturing problem to say the least! They should be capable of making a case to closer tolerances than that. He11, I don't see big differences on cheap Motorola and LG dumb phones.

I think I would've rather taken a $50 or $75 higher MSRP and make it mechanically solid rather than have a great phone / concept wrecked by poor execution!
    01-08-09 01:53 PM
    Are we talking about the same sooks? The one that spent almost a full day trying to get .85 installed? The sooks that practially bet his life (and still stands by it) that .81 is the next official release on 1/16? That sooks?

Typical sooks post:

"ok lol .. i dk.. haha .! hope so. lol haha lol idk"

All I'm saying is there's a reason he's in the Craziest members poll and not most helpful.
    01-08-09 02:06 PM
    Are we talking about the same sooks? The one that spent almost a full day trying to get .85 installed? The sooks that practially bet his life (and still stands by it) that .81 is the next official release on 1/16? That sooks?

Typical sooks post:

"ok lol .. i dk.. haha .! hope so. lol haha lol idk"

All I'm saying is there's a reason he's in the Craziest members poll and not most helpful.
    yup at the time i was told it was .81 , and was told 1/16 , now obviously .81 wont be the offical release , but i do still stand by my 1/16 date. and i do help alot of people out, well the best i can. .... please tell us... what have you done .. ?
    01-08-09 03:05 PM

Gotta luv them BBBB's

Speaking of which Mandrake, isn't it crazy how Sooks is suffering from hysteria? Yes Sooks according to them your a whiny biatch suffering from hysteria hahahaha.

Last edited by cereal killer; 01-08-09 at 03:44 PM.
    01-08-09 03:37 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD