Ok so today my screen literally fell out of the storm and was hanging by the wire. called around to all three verizons in the area one had one left , rushed there and tested it out.... the click is garbages the bottom half is flawless but the top half is ****, so it seems to that either you have to deal with someone what of a click , or dust , and i want neither .... very close to going to a curve and just calling it good... or maybe just maybe , the omnia ..ugh ...
    01-06-09 11:09 PM
    Curve...Curve......Curve........Curve!!
    01-06-09 11:10 PM
    You have a lot of posts so I assume you know a lot about BB's despite only having a Blackberry for 1+ months. It suprises me that you would even debate between a curve and an Omnia?! What gives?
    01-06-09 11:17 PM
    lol honestly i love blackberry swore never to leave , but with storm being my first bberry i think has put a bad taste in my mouth ... im not sure .... but its really disappointing. honestly i want to love it ... its just ... idk .. 5 so far and 0 for 5 is a bad number lol, but the curve sounds good... idk
    01-06-09 11:19 PM
    Can't type on this piece of **** as much as I want to. What a ******* joke, I'm returning this phone.
    01-06-09 11:24 PM
    No doubt about it the Curve is bad a**. Of course I am still in love with my 8703. If RIM had have put a camera on it I would probably still only have one Blackberry (not. Love my Storm but you know first love and all). Sorry your having so much trouble :-( Like S3th13 said....Curve.....Curve.....Curve. My opinion the Omnia is a POS. What's with the lipstick stylus?
    01-06-09 11:26 PM
    yeah that lipstick stylus is junk lol , and i want a curve but the internet is garbage ..... and thats no good. i need a fast nice internet , and i just dont know if the curve can cut it lol, honestly i am afraid to go back to a full qwerty physical keyboard my last 4 phones have all been touch screen ... < storm,voyager,iphone,instinct > so idk .
    01-06-09 11:34 PM
    Sooks....you can't leave....you are like one of the original stormers. Got mine because of people like you.

In all seriousness - I can understand your situation. I feel pretty lucky with mine so far (about three weeks), but it has been quite frustrating at times for me and I have only had 1. Good luck with the next phone.
    01-06-09 11:34 PM
    thanks , man lol, i know i really really wanted to love this phone if the problems i were having were software i wouldnt care but its the fact that it is Actual hardware is what really sucks.
    01-06-09 11:37 PM
    Let me be the first to call BS.

5 replacements?

With the last one having a screen literally fall out of the socket held only by a strand of wire?

Yeah okay. Maybe you ought to look into getting one of those "rugged" phones.

Or better yet, a calling card. You can submerge those babies and they'll keep on ticking.
    01-06-09 11:46 PM
    Let me be the first to call BS.

5 replacements?

With the last one having a screen literally fall out of the socket held only by a strand of wire?

Yeah okay. Maybe you ought to look into getting one of those "rugged" phones.

Or better yet, a calling card. You can submerge those babies and they'll keep on ticking.
    haha you want to call BS , lol are you kidding me ? this is my 5th replacement , no joke , and yeah the screen literally fell out ... sorry to disapoint you about the almighty storm that i used to slap people for saying any bad about it . but seriously ... its garbage..
    01-06-09 11:49 PM
    lol honestly i love blackberry swore never to leave , but with storm being my first bberry i think has put a bad taste in my mouth ... im not sure .... but its really disappointing. honestly i want to love it ... its just ... idk .. 5 so far and 0 for 5 is a bad number lol, but the curve sounds good... idk
    sooks my man! finally talking sensible hahaha. Yeah get the Curve it's great. It's primative but it damn well works fast and efficiently. I got it went it first came out in May 08 not one problem at all. Well correction there is one problem 4.5 has a speaker phone blast bug. But it's really not all that bad.

I got me a iPod Touch to satisfy my media and game addiction : ) best of both worlds.
    01-06-09 11:55 PM
    I got it went it first came out in May 08
    Not a lot of people oohing and aahing anymore at that oldie.

Tradeoffs abound.

01-06-09 11:57 PM
    Ok so today my screen literally fell out of the storm and was hanging by the wire. called around to all three verizons in the area one had one left , rushed there and tested it out.... the click is garbages the bottom half is flawless but the top half is ****, so it seems to that either you have to deal with someone what of a click , or dust , and i want neither .... very close to going to a curve and just calling it good... or maybe just maybe , the omnia ..ugh ...
    Sad to see you give up the storm. I'm sorry you've had such bad luck, I've only had one replacement and I've had it since it was out, and my problem was Software, not even hardware. But, I would get the Curve, or the new 8900 Curve(since that is coming out for Verizon, correct?)

But, I know you are very knowledgeable with the Storm, so I'm sad to see you leave it.

But, good luck with whatever phone you do end up getting.
    01-07-09 12:00 AM
    Sad to see you give up the storm. I'm sorry you've had such bad luck, I've only had one replacement and I've had it since it was out, and my problem was Software, not even hardware. But, I would get the Curve, or the new 8900 Curve(since that is coming out for Verizon, correct?)

But, I know you are very knowledgeable with the Storm, so I'm sad to see you leave it.

But, good luck with whatever phone you do end up getting.
    thanks man its sad, but i think the 8900 is going to t-mo ... so im stuck with 8830
    01-07-09 12:02 AM
    thanks man its sad, but i think the 8900 is going to t-mo ... so im stuck with 8830
    Oh ok. Well, I have friends with both the Curve(8300) and the BB global phone or something like that(the 8830) and they are both great phones, very popular, and they work really well as I've seen.

But again, sad to see you go, you've helped me so much with the Storm, and you are very knowledgeable, so, even though you are leaving the storm, hopefully you will be around the Storm forum every once in a while to see whats going on, and maybe even reconsider when some hardware updates come out or something.
    01-07-09 12:05 AM
    Oh ok. Well, I have friends with both the Curve(8300) and the BB global phone or something like that(the 8830) and they are both great phones, very popular, and they work really well as I've seen.

But again, sad to see you go, you've helped me so much with the Storm, and you are very knowledgeable, so, even though you are leaving the storm, hopefully you will be around the Storm forum every once in a while to see whats going on, and maybe even reconsider when some hardware updates come out or something.
    that is for sure . if they improve the click and dust im back in for sure.
    01-07-09 12:07 AM
    Hang in there buddy...hang in there.
    01-07-09 12:12 AM
    I got my degree in PHDBB, a certified Doc I had to do some surgery and post op on my Curve on Tmo so I maybe able to help you and your problem....give me a tube of super glue and a couple minutes with your Storm and I will fix one problem, the dust problem however I think your clicking problem would have amplified greatly.
    01-07-09 12:16 AM
    FinallyHere.....and I thought you got it because some fool drug you to a Verizon store and had to fight with Customer Service to get you your phone because your stupid indicator light was off.....however it could have been Sooks. I also see your way past your 1st post
    Sooks rocks by the way.....by the way your not doing this to win the poll contest that Kevin started are you????
    01-07-09 12:18 AM
    lol no , i civic is going to win she is crazy lol
    01-07-09 12:24 AM
    lol no , i civic is going to win she is crazy lol
    +1 she is crazy

BTW - JD - I have no idea what you are referring to.
    01-07-09 12:25 AM
    FH - whatever....you in denial. +1 as well on Civic, but she is cool and helpful.

Sooks it would be a good way to stage a coo to steal her votes and place in the polls.
    01-07-09 12:32 AM
    lol true , but sadly , i think i am done i just emailed customer service and told them i wanted to try one more storm and so they are going to send me storm number six we will see how it works lol..
    01-07-09 12:43 AM
    lol true , but sadly , i think i am done i just emailed customer service and told them i wanted to try one more storm and so they are going to send me storm number six we will see how it works lol..
    Now there is the sooks I know...WTG. Hope it works out for ya. And you definitely got a few more votes in the polls. lol
    01-07-09 12:45 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD