So the dust under my screen was building up pretty bad, the screen "click" around the corners of my old Storm was starting to not "click" anymore, and to be honest, i dropped my Storm once and it left a little annoying scuff around the edge of the phone....I figured: Hey!!! it's still under warranty...I might as well kill all these birds with one stone or "storm"...hehe...and just call verizon.....well I did, and the rep was extremely nice and understanding and promptly agreed to send me a new one......so today i received the "new" replacement Storm.....I knew that it was gonna be a refurbed phone before hand, but when i looked at it, it had more dust under the screen then my original, the screen click is about the same, and it has an even bigger scuff on the silver trim around the edge, then my phone had originally....WOW!!! are you ******* me???? I really thought Verizon was gonna take care of me, but to my surprise, I basicially just swapped my old phone for someone elses old phone that returned it for the same exact reasons, I returned mine.....It's like a recycling circle from ****!!!! anyways, just needed to let out some aggression and vent.......
    05-12-09 10:31 PM
    Try again, there ARE some good ones out there. Just let them know the new phone has similar issues and they will replace it. (I'm on Storm 5 now )
    05-12-09 10:42 PM
    i wish i could get insurance on my phone, but no, of course not, i am too much of a loser to have verizon haha.
    05-12-09 10:49 PM
    Try again, there ARE some good ones out there. Just let them know the new phone has similar issues and they will replace it. (I'm on Storm 5 now )
    lol i know how it is im on storm 3
    05-13-09 04:02 AM
    as many storms as people seem to be going through verizion must have a huge stock pile of used storms !

who is eating the cost of all of those, verizion or RIM ?
    05-13-09 04:58 AM
    Are you guys afraid to show your a$$es or what?? ...if I had received a replacement that was as bad as my original I woulda been at the Verizon store so fast their heads woulda been spinnin...demanding a brand new one. That's just ludicris...or ludicrous...however its spelled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:38 AM
    Im a just gonna go tto the store...
    I am finally getting dust ir some kinda
    particles under my screen as well.
    05-13-09 09:09 AM
    as many storms as people seem to be going through verizion must have a huge stock pile of used storms !

who is eating the cost of all of those, verizion or RIM ?
    Who cares!!!!!
    05-13-09 09:10 AM
    Yep, been through this. and I'm on my 7th Storm now. It's h3ll. I should have kept my original Storm with dust under the screen... the screen click was perfect.

In one week, they sent me out FOUR "Good as new" 114 point inspected refurbs. The phones were in worse shape than the damn phone I was sending in. On the fourth phone, I took it into the local VZW store. I handed it to the manager and asked what he thought. He gave me a new one in the store. A week later, the "new" Storm had failed me with one corner not clicking. My current Storm, #7, was just replaced last Friday. Three of the four corners aren't clicking.

I love the phone... but hate their lack of quality control.

Good luck.
    05-13-09 09:20 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Storm going on 3 months now and this one looks like a keeper... =D
    05-13-09 09:26 AM
    Hopefully I ahve built up a good enough rappore with the stor I go to that it won't be an issue. Hopefully no yes I will
    be able to go the the store and I will definitely check my screen click before I leave... Makin sure it is springy on all four sides.....
    05-13-09 09:27 AM
    Hopefully I ahve built up a good enough rappore with the stor I go to that it won't be an issue. Hopefully no yes I will
    be able to go the the store and I will definitely check my screen click before I leave... Makin sure it is springy on all four sides.....
    I did that last time. The first one I tried out the entire screen was tight and not clicking. The second one I thought was great. It wasn't until a few days later and a few hundred txt's/emails later that the corner-click developed.

I'll be going back in this Friday for another new phone... I can't get a new phone until I beat Bubble Army. I don't wanna lose all my progress again!
    05-13-09 09:30 AM
    wow!!!! so I'm not the only one........we just keep getting each others rejects.....lol
    05-13-09 09:32 AM
    I did that last time. The first one I tried out the entire screen was tight and not clicking. The second one I thought was great. It wasn't until a few days later and a few hundred txt's/emails later that the corner-click developed.

I'll be going back in this Friday for another new phone... I can't get a new phone until I beat Bubble Army. I don't wanna lose all my progress again!
    My screen still clicks fine and I have had it since December.
    It is those particles; I keep mine covered and in my pocket all
    the time.
    Thank goodness for bubbly army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-13-09 09:36 AM
    Who cares!!!!!
    i bet verizion and RIM do

:P
    05-13-09 09:50 AM
    Maybe we will soon see a "certified like new" Storm on sale soon at VZW!
    05-13-09 10:12 AM
    Maybe we will soon see a "certified like new" Storm on sale soon at VZW!

if people are willing to buy them off ebay why not
    05-13-09 10:14 AM
    I have a replacement due in tomorrow. I've had my current store since the November release and am replacing it due to the same reason, minus the cosmetic scuff. Lots of dust under the screen and the screen click itself has degraded. I really hope I don't have to go through a bunch of replacements to get one that works.
    05-13-09 10:33 AM
    i think with the click screen having to click it for everything you want to do, that its bound to wear out. like the trackballs having to be replaced on other BB's. but replacing a screen is not really something a user is going to do themselves...
    05-13-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD