The date in the battery area is 26210 or something like that. According to other threads after the 2e2nd of February the screen should have been the new hardware... My Storm still has the depressed upper left corner and a workout of a screen press; I don't understand this. I'm replacing my last storm (which did have the new screen) because of service randomly completely dropping to zero bars until I dropped the call I was on, then going back to full service.

So, I guess my question is why do I have a new date stamp with old hardware (even had the green dot on the box)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 04:10 AM
    I got replacement storms 2's for both me and my wife. Mine was because of the screen issues and hers was because it wouldn't charge. Both came with the new hardware with the green dot on the box. But when I try both storms out I notice my wifes phone screen seems softer. But I will say my replacement is still a **** of a lot better with the screen than my original one. It still has the problem with the buttons but not as much as the original did. My wifes phone however is rock solid. She says she hasn't has the button issue at all with her new phone. All I can say is of you still don't like how the phone acts take it back and complain some more. You shouldn't have to deal with a phone that isn't to your satisfaction. My one complaint isn't about the phone it was about Verizon. When I called to get replacements the Verizon rep said the hadn't heard of any screen issue and wanted me to wipe my phone and start again even though I had done that multiple times already. It took me asking to talk to a her boss that finally convinced her thay I wasn't going away.
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 10:21 AM
    I found the screen touch to vary wildly between handsets. Have you loaded .607 on it yet? Once I did that with mine the screen got softer.
    04-16-10 10:28 AM
    Interesting.......I got my replacement last week. Works beautifully and the screen is even all the way across.....finally. It may be the software. I'm running the .517 leak and the screen click is wonderful. Might be an option if your having trouble.
    04-16-10 10:38 AM
    I just got mine Tuesday and loaded .517/607 hybrid on it as soon as I got it. The screen was very hard to press on my original almost to the point to where it was like pressing on the backside of the phone.

It did it with the original .320 and seemed to get even worse once I put .607 on it. The replacement I have now is night and day better. We will see how it holds up though. I won't hold my breath.

I went into a corporate store for this one after talking to someone on a phone at vzw. Of course the corporate store had none in stock so they had to order me one. The next time it happends I will not go back. I will call vzw and they better send me one!

But of course I mention if it is an issue with this phone and they all say that this is the first they have heard of it, which I believe to be a lie after being on here and seeing all the screen issues people are running into and all the replacements that people go through...
    04-16-10 10:52 AM
    I just got mine Tuesday and loaded .517/607 hybrid on it as soon as I got it. The screen was very hard to press on my original almost to the point to where it was like pressing on the backside of the phone.

It did it with the original .320 and seemed to get even worse once I put .607 on it. The replacement I have now is night and day better. We will see how it holds up though. I won't hold my breath.

I went into a corporate store for this one after talking to someone on a phone at vzw. Of course the corporate store had none in stock so they had to order me one. The next time it happends I will not go back. I will call vzw and they better send me one!

But of course I mention if it is an issue with this phone and they all say that this is the first they have heard of it, which I believe to be a lie after being on here and seeing all the screen issues people are running into and all the replacements that people go through...
    where'd you get that hybrid? I thought it was still being tested? Been waiting for it to be released....

Thanks.
    04-16-10 10:56 AM
    where'd you get that hybrid? I thought it was still being tested? Been waiting for it to be released....

Thanks.
    bbhybrids.net

I believe the one that is being tested right now is the .517/.612...... i was waiting for that one as well.... But this one that I have now has been running very smoothly since I put it on Tuesday. May just keep it till another release or a few more leaks come out....
    04-16-10 11:02 AM
    bbhybrids.net

I believe the one that is being tested right now is the .517/.612...... i was waiting for that one as well.... But this one that I have now has been running very smoothly since I put it on Tuesday. May just keep it till another release or a few more leaks come out....
    You're right. My bust. its the .612 I was thinking of. No issues with the .607 hybrid? battery...memory...BBM keyboard....all good?
    04-16-10 11:26 AM
    You're right. My bust. its the .612 I was thinking of. No issues with the .607 hybrid? battery...memory...BBM keyboard....all good?
    Don't use the group feature in BBM but everything else is rock solid. Even Meterberry and Shazam work.....
    04-16-10 12:21 PM
    Don't use the group feature in BBM but everything else is rock solid. Even Meterberry and Shazam work.....
    Outstanding. Thanks for the feedback.
    04-16-10 12:43 PM
    I have my original S2 purchased on release day and sure I have had my problems and my upper left hand corner of my screen is depressed but over all the clicking is good and I am satisfied. My question is, are the replacement phone that much better? Thanks.
    04-16-10 12:49 PM
    I have my original S2 purchased on release day and sure I have had my problems and my upper left hand corner of my screen is depressed but over all the clicking is good and I am satisfied. My question is, are the replacement phone that much better? Thanks.
    Mine was night and day better than my original. Although my original screen would always lock up and was nearly impossible to press. The replacement is very sensitive and easy to click. No issues thus far... A huge difference for me!!
    04-16-10 01:03 PM
    I loved mine for the four days I had it. It really was 100% better in every way. But it started crapping out on me, so I had to replace it, and now my NEW replacement (the one with the new date stamp but old hardware) has problems. THE FIRST DAY I HAVE IT!!! The LED will flash really rapidly (granted, not bright, but it's still flashing) and the four bottom keys will stay lit no matter what. I've done battery pulls, I've done everything, and it still sucks.

My friends keep asking me if I'd ever recommend a BB to them, and as this will be my sixth replacement, seventh phone total (after today, when I go there and get ANOTHER new one) I would NEVER recommend it. With their shotty quality control, lack of apps (especially augmented reality... I haven't even heard of any in development) and complete disregard for what their customers want, never would I want anyone else to go through that.

Another question, for giggles here:

Has anyone else had the problem of being on a phone call, the service going down to zero, the call dropping, then regaining all service after you get that obnoxiously loud beeping signaling the call was dropped? That's happened with two of my phones, the only apps I have are AP news, Poynt, MLIAberry, TFLNberry, App World, Google Maps and Facebook. The tech said it was because of these apps that my phone dropped calls. Said I was using too much memory...

Droid Incredible comes out soon, that's what I'll be getting.
    Last edited by Sirdroosef; 04-16-10 at 02:46 PM.
    04-16-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD