someone please help.

while using my desktop manager to update my storm to 4.7, my storm gave me the message "reload software: 507" on the screen. pulled battery 4 times...same still happens...computer wont recognize it now via usb, so i have no way of contact between comp and "bb". shi*t. I saw the other thread that led me to the Enterprise solutions, but I am not an enterprise user...someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    12-06-08 01:21 PM
    your phone has been wiped. there is no OS on it. DON'T PANIC!

If your comp isn't recognizing the phone as a device, there's something wrong on your comp side of things. Your Storm, tho OS-less, should be fine. First try restarting your computer. Try removing the Blackberry DM and device drivers and reloading them from scratch. Also check to make sure there isn't an error in windows device manager on the USB ports or device drivers for the Storm.

Once you get your comp to recognize the Storm as a device, DM will automatically take you through putting whatever OS is chosen (from the net or local)
    12-06-08 01:27 PM
    No just reboot the computer. The plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>add/remove programs and install the OS. The restore from a previous backup
    12-06-08 01:28 PM
    thanks, i shall reboot right now. i've never backed it up until today before it tried to install the new version.
    12-06-08 01:33 PM
    nope restart didnt work...nothing is on my bb, so it wont read anything. crap.
    12-06-08 01:42 PM
    then check device manager for errors on devices, remove DM and blackberry device drivers and reinstall.

If that doesn't work, see if you can find another computer. Or start planning to visit a VZ store.
    12-06-08 01:52 PM
    i had the SAME problem last night... the thing is the computer reads the blackberry and DM sees it but when I would select my PIN under the connections menu it would never switch over to my phone and would constantly say disconnected and next to PIN it would say "None"..

THEN when i would go to try to restore it. the option was greyed out and wouldnt let me click.

I also had the 507 Error

Whats the scoop on that? It confused the sheit out of me! lol
    12-06-08 01:56 PM
    someone please help with this. i've tried so many different things to fix this. i've tried different computers, ive tried restarting, etc etc. I just cant get the bb to show a usb in DM
    12-06-08 02:57 PM
    reload software 507 is a *****!
    12-06-08 02:57 PM
    No it isnt just do this unplug phone from computer.
    1. Open Apploader it is under c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader double click the loader.exe
    2. You will see welcome to blah blah blah. Click next DO NOT PLUS IN PHONE YET you should see com1 or com2 in the dropdown. This is ok. Next Plug you phone into your computer and AS SOON AS YOU SEE YOUR PIN hit Next and you should be reloading your os.
    12-06-08 03:23 PM
    No it isnt just do this unplug phone from computer.
    1. Open Apploader it is under c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader double click the loader.exe
    2. You will see welcome to blah blah blah. Click next DO NOT PLUS IN PHONE YET you should see com1 or com2 in the dropdown. This is ok. Next Plug you phone into your computer and AS SOON AS YOU SEE YOUR PIN hit Next and you should be reloading your os.
    i get past the part of loading the new os, but on device initialization it just loads up to the 507 error...this is where i always get stuck at. anybody know what to do?
    12-06-08 04:00 PM
    Did you follow those step by step DO NOT USE DM.....
    12-06-08 04:02 PM
    12-06-08 04:03 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday and none of the suggestions above worked for me. I searched and came up with the solution. Go to the directory of loader.exe. I believe that is Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader. Execute loader with the switch /nojvm and that worked for me when nothing else did.

Edit: You have to use a command prompt to do that...
    12-06-08 04:06 PM
    [QUOTE=spaciorek;1122352]Use this

http: //forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-do-i-recover-dead-blackberry-32322/QUOTE]

unable to reconnect to the device during a multi stage operation. this is what always happens.

i tried that, by the way. still hopin there is some way of fixin this, but it's lookin doubtful now
    12-06-08 04:10 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday and none of the suggestions above worked for me. I searched and came up with the solution. Go to the directory of loader.exe. I believe that is Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader. Execute loader with the switch /nojvm and that worked for me when nothing else did.

that's on the dead blackberry link above. it's not helping. still getting 507 error. command prompt just takes me to the same place as apploader.exe
    12-06-08 04:12 PM
    It can be fixed......read the stickie in bb how to and faq
    12-06-08 04:12 PM
    It can be fixed......read the stickie in bb how to and faq
    will check and report back here. hopefully with some new results
    12-06-08 04:15 PM

what do you mean by the switch /nojvm?
    12-06-08 04:16 PM
    Captain I assume you are at a 507 screen?

IF so your BB wants an OS nothing more nothing less.
    Now assuming you have the os installed on you pc. IF it is .76 DELETE the vendor XML file.

DM will not recognize your BB thats fine use the apploader routine...
    12-06-08 04:27 PM
    Captain I assume you are at a 507 screen?

IF so your BB wants an OS nothing more nothing less.
    Now assuming you have the os installed on you pc. IF it is .76 DELETE the vendor XML file.

DM will not recognize your BB thats fine use the apploader routine...
    it's the official .75 from verizon.

i use the uploader routine and it goes back to the 507 screen once i get to device initialization
    12-06-08 04:30 PM
    alright, i really cannot find a solution to my problem. this is getting out of control now
    12-06-08 04:47 PM
    still lookin for help on this one guys
    12-06-08 05:41 PM
    i'm having the same issue!!! PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEE JESUS!! Or anyone else!!
    12-06-08 07:05 PM
    i know this is gonna sound dumb, but i tried from multiple computers...i also wiped my phone with crackmem (not sure if it did anything) and then uninstalled and then reloaded all the desktop manager and the newest os version...
    Last edited by captainamazing4u; 12-06-08 at 07:20 PM.
    12-06-08 07:15 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD