HI there, just today is the day Storm 2 came to my (smallish) city!

So far it has been really cool! huge screen and everything! I like it a lot more than the Curve 2 i have had for 2 weeks, which was a good phone, nothing against it, but the Storm 2 just feels so good and intuitive. Only think i'm kinda disappointed with is the little pouch that comes with it. Does this thing get better with time or is it just a cheap case?

Anything else i should look for being a new storm 2 user? software wise or maybe a screen protector? seems like it could be a good idea.

thanks alot!
    07-12-10 05:47 PM
    Just where are you? Couldn't you order one online?
    07-12-10 06:17 PM
    Just where are you? Couldn't you order one online?
    I'm northern ontario, so we are really behind compared to Toronto/BC people... and especially behind the US people
    07-12-10 06:35 PM
    Pls get an otterbox

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 07:01 PM
    07-12-10 07:05 PM
    I like the BB swivel holster.
    Can be ordered from the BB site online.

Welcome
    07-12-10 07:28 PM
    I'm northern ontario, so we are really behind compared to Toronto/BC people... and especially behind the US people
    Not trying to be rude but that didn't answer my question or don't they allow ordering by internet? Or......don't you have internet?
    07-12-10 07:34 PM
    Congrats. Its a really good phone.

07-12-10 08:29 PM
    congrats buy the otterbox defender, you wont regret it
    07-12-10 08:38 PM
    congrats buy the otterbox defender, you wont regret it
    I say Commuter .. either one is good..
    07-12-10 08:55 PM
    Congratulations on your new Storm2; I love mine. Just curious what OS version you were given? I really like MeterBerry & WeatherBerry. Have fun and enjoy.
    07-13-10 08:40 AM
    Congratulations on your new Storm2; I love mine. Just curious what OS version you were given? I really like MeterBerry & WeatherBerry. Have fun and enjoy.
    they gave me the .713 OS

thanks!
    07-13-10 10:59 AM
    I like the BB swivel holster.
    Can be ordered from the BB site online.

Welcome
    Ditto!
    Best holster i've used! Magnet features are a plus (turning on and off etc).

Welcome!
    07-13-10 02:16 PM
    I like the commuter otterbox case.....

Apps that I have are crunch sms, quicklaunch(favorite), google sync, meteberry, berryweather, berrybuzz for starters.

07-13-10 11:57 PM
    Mine didn't come with "no stinking case".
    I'm using the basic BB case I bought on the CB app store.
    Good Luck
    07-14-10 08:26 PM
    My favorite apps are:
    Quicklaunch
    Google Sync (sync/backup calendar & address book)
    Google Voice (free SMS & visual voicemail)
    SmrtGuard (GPS website tracking if you misplace it)
    BuddyGuard (overlaps SmrtGuard, but with a better remote lock function if you misplace it)
    UltimateLock (for the lockscreen that doesn't some with the S2... the beta version sucks, but the last paid version works well.)

The Otterboxes seem a little bulky for me. I use an Incipio Silicrylic case... mine isn't pink, but this picture shows it better:

And here's my review from the app store:
    This case looks and feels great. The matte plastic outer shell feels great in the hand, and the inner silicone skin feels as soft and smooth as I imagine one of those lifesized sex dolls from Japan would be.

Its easy to remove, and the thin, delicate inner skin is stronger than it looks. I didn't expect it to be very durable, but it's held up well through many battery pulls.

My only gripe is the logo on the back. Theres an Incipio label printed on a smooth section on the back of the otherwise matte-finished case. The ink they used isnt very durable, so the logo has been smeared/worn off and makes my otherwise-pristine case look worn. Incipio should have molded in recessed letters instead of printing on the case.
    Last edited by rlmesq; 07-14-10 at 08:39 PM.
    07-14-10 08:37 PM
    Congratulatins on your new Storm, I also became the proud owner of a Storm on Tuesday and I love this phone (came from a Bold 2). I have one question though, will using a screen protector in any way influence the usability of the touch screen?

07-15-10 12:34 AM
    I have one question though, will using a screen protector in any way influence the usability of the touch screen?
    I have tried 2 types of screen protector. Both don't affect the touch screen. I am getting the anti-glare which arriving anytime from states this week.

Some people suggest the screen protector is useless. For me, I dropped my phone before and my screen cracks. I was actually using a storm1 protector on the storm2 then. So sadly the buttons that was not protected were cracks badly. In certain ways the protector do help a little from impact.

Whatever you getting, just make sure you get a case for your bb!!! something that ensure your bb upon direct face down drop impact have some gap from the screen as buffer so it won't be a direct face slap on the screen.
    07-15-10 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD