Just got mine activated about an hour ago.
    -Thing is very very sleek and very easy to handle so far.

I've had no problems thus far with lag, loading, anything. I inserted my old media card from my Pearl, it has about 20 ringtones, 400 pictures, 100 videos. No lag at all, pictures load fast as do the videos. Ringtones sound great.

I love the easy lock feature, it's very convenient. I have yet to delete any apps because I never did on my Pearl and really don't see any reason to. Browser has yet to show up, Verizon said they were having trouble with it and mine will come up soon..odd up no biggie.

A rep at my local store (Austin, TX) was talking to me about OTA updates she said in December there will be on, also one where you'll have to do it thru your computer link, she didn't really explain much she just said it wouldn't be available OTA. Interesting...

Overall I realize this review didn't give you much that you haven't heard but here are the basics I've noticed so far:
    -Very easy to type with the touch down screen
    -Purchased a silicone cover, its great. Left the Verizon coating thing over the screen, not sure how long that will last as there's a few bubbles under it, lol.
    -No problem with buttons, loading, anything.
    -Calls sound great, as does the speakerphone.
    -Everything has been simple to get the hang of, switching from portrait to landscape has been lightning quick.
    Only complaint I have is the risk of dropping the phone, it seems very fragile, as far as the screen goes, and be careful when you have it in your pocket, probably would be easy to crack the screen.

So far for me the phone has been awesome, I'm a bigtime texter and I have yet to run into any problems, hope this helps some of you, the Storm is worth it for me!
    11-25-08 04:44 PM
    New user as of today, agree 99%. I am noticing a bit of lag with the accelerometer, no big deal for me at this time.

I think the camera could certainly be improved though, not liking the pics very much, but again not the main reason I purchased the phone and have very rarely in the past used the camera on my phone.
    11-25-08 05:02 PM
    Just talked to a rep at Verizon they are having problems with the Data network and the Browser problem should be fixed soon.
    11-25-08 05:17 PM
    good write up glad you love the phone and didnt give in to all the idiots out there ... well done ! enjoy
    11-25-08 05:18 PM
    Question: How do i view the clock when not using the phone, I've seen screen shots of the cool looking clock but how to I see it?
    11-25-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD