So wirefly.com finnaly shipped out my phone and i finnaly received it!

I have to say so far the phone is amazing. The phone clicks perfectly in all the corners and i have no problems typing on the keypad. Heres 2 things i noticed about the phone so far.

1) do not hold the phone flat on its back and turn the screen. The phone does not know which way its facing when its flat. Instead hold the phone on an angle and then turn it. The flip is almost instant.

2) When typing on the keyboard.. Dont reach all the way to the left side of the screen to type a letter with your right hand. Split the keyboard down the middle and have your left thumb take care of the left side and your right thumb take care of the right side. This has cut down typing problems drastically for me.

i do have a question tho.

I currently do not have the unlimited texting plan(only 500 a month)

But my data is unlimited.

Does the aol/yahoo run on data or texts?

The last thing i want is to get my bill and see iam charged for aol ims.
    Last edited by clickhea; 11-26-08 at 02:44 PM.
    11-26-08 02:37 PM
    congrats! enjoy

I think it's data, but I would call them just to double check.
    11-26-08 02:39 PM
    I believe instant messaging services use memory rather than text.
    11-26-08 02:39 PM
    congrats!!

mine is still "on truck for delivery" : (
    11-26-08 02:41 PM
    one more question, is the GPS free or somthing? it never warned me using it cost any $$
    11-26-08 02:45 PM
    Which GPS VZNavigator costs but Blackberry maps is free. You need to change the GPS settings but it works great and free.
    11-26-08 03:02 PM
    Congrats!! I like the way you explained how to fix a some of the things that we "think" might be a BIG problem. lol!! I don't have VZW but I would think that the yahoo IM type stuff is part of your data. but like the pp said call to be sure. enjoy!!
    11-26-08 03:07 PM
    Welcome To The Eye Of The Storm!!!
    11-26-08 03:08 PM
    thanks guys

so i called verzion, and the woman told me that the aol, and yahoo are ran off text messages. The BBM is data.

I may have to send the phone back tho :[

Apparently because i did not buy the phone through verzion they will not offer me a 5.99 protection plan on the phone.

I cant risk running around with a 500 dollar phone and accidently breaking it.

sigh :[

another issue is, will cingular give me a problem going back to them? iam on hold with wirefly about to figure all this stuff out.
    11-26-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD