I apologize if I'm asking dumb questions here but this is my first Blackberry, and even after reading through these forums for a month plus, I'm still kind of fumbling my way through it.

1. How do I change the 2 rows of icons on my home screen?
    2. I have a red light blinking like I have a new message, but I don't have any new messages. What's up with that?
    11-26-08 07:55 PM
    I apologize if I'm asking dumb questions here but this is my first Blackberry, and even after reading through these forums for a month plus, I'm still kind of fumbling my way through it.

2. I have a red light blinking like I have a new message, but I don't have any new messages. What's up with that?
    1) bb button(second button on left)>then bb button again. It will give you the options, 1, 2 or 3, row.
    2) Check again or do a battery pull
    11-26-08 08:13 PM
    To answer your second question, go to you messages folder, switch to landscape, bring up the keyboard, click 'u'. If nothing is highlighted, scroll to the top of the message list, click on the date, select mark previous opened.

11-26-08 08:15 PM
    I should have elaborated on 1 a little better. I figured out how to change the number of rows, but how do you change what buttons are in each row?
    11-26-08 08:17 PM
    It's not your fault, his explanation wasn't very clear at all.

From Home, press Menu to view all icons. Press Menu twice (first will bring up Menu, second will select Move) this will enable you to move the icons. The top 2 rows of icons are what appear on your Home screen. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your new Storm!
    11-26-08 08:27 PM
    That makes sense. Thanks guys!
    11-26-08 08:43 PM
    One more little problem. When I view my email it is not loading images even though I have it enabled in the options menu
    11-27-08 09:10 AM
    ok I am also a blackberry noob. I am coming from PocketPC's and I have flashed and hacked kitchens and changed all that stuff but when it comes to blackberries I am a complete beginner. I choose the storm b/c of what it seems to offer in terms of ease of use as well as flash. Anyway I ordered my storm on monday through telesales and I would just like to be ready when I get it so that I dont have some of these problems. Of course I have looked at all the reviews, forums, so I have a pretty good Idea of what to do but here is my questions.

1) Do you have to delete VVM and VZN in order to increase speed and performance? or is there a program that will disable the startup programs? I read a little about it but i must have missed the name of the application.

2) Verizon is known for crippling hardware items with lower processing speed and proprietary things. With the PocketPC's there are programs that will allow you to overclock your processor and improve speed, are there such programs for the Storm or BB's in general?
    11-27-08 09:22 AM
    I wanted my most important icons to show all the time so I finally figured out how to move them. It wasn't all that intuitive.

It's hard to explain!!

1. Highlight the icon you want to move ... (touch it but don't press.)

2. Click the BlackBerry button twice. (This is the button next to the green phone button)

3. A menu will come up and one of the items is "MOVE". Click on that.

4. After clicking "Move" you will see that the icon that you had highligted now has a border and looks different from the way it usually looks.

5. This is the part that had me stumped before. I couldn't figure out how to actually move the icon!! Soooo, here's what you do... Go to where you want to move the icon and click the icon that is in the spot where you want the new one to go. The one that is already there will move over to the right and the "new" icon will then be in that spot!! All the icons then "move" over one spot.

6. Click the BB key twice again and it will then save your selection. (If you click the BB once the menu will come up and one of the choices is the save the selection. I think the double click must be a short cut.)

I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know. I moved all my icons around today.
    Last edited by Rosebudster; 11-27-08 at 09:37 AM.
    11-27-08 09:33 AM
    ok I am also a blackberry noob. I am coming from PocketPC's and I have flashed and hacked kitchens and changed all that stuff but when it comes to blackberries I am a complete beginner. I choose the storm b/c of what it seems to offer in terms of ease of use as well as flash. Anyway I ordered my storm on monday through telesales and I would just like to be ready when I get it so that I dont have some of these problems. Of course I have looked at all the reviews, forums, so I have a pretty good Idea of what to do but here is my questions.

1) Do you have to delete VVM and VZN in order to increase speed and performance? or is there a program that will disable the startup programs? I read a little about it but i must have missed the name of the application.

2) Verizon is known for crippling hardware items with lower processing speed and proprietary things. With the PocketPC's there are programs that will allow you to overclock your processor and improve speed, are there such programs for the Storm or BB's in general?

You don't HAVE to delete vvm and vz nav but if you don't use it, theres no point in having it and it will make the phone a little more laggy.
    11-27-08 09:42 AM
    I deleted vz nav. I just use BB Maps. Seems to work great for me. Anyone know why my email is not loading photos?
    11-27-08 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD