so far i am very happy with it... i def see the slow laggyness that it has.... a little patience i think will solve that problem...

i was looking for an app for GPS. i want to get away from the vz navigator. any suggestions?
    05-18-09 04:52 PM
    Hope you like it. Mines been great. there are a few whiners out there, but I dont believe they are ever happy....

I like google maps the best.. garmin is good but pricey
    05-18-09 04:54 PM
    NAV4ALL or Amaze GPS if you want turn by turn if not google maps...also go get the leaks in the OS Discussion forum.......Welcome and Have fun
    05-18-09 04:54 PM
    so far i am very happy with it... i def see the slow laggyness that it has.... a little patience i think will solve that problem...

i was looking for an app for GPS. i want to get away from the vz navigator. any suggestions?
    A. Upgrade the OS
    B. BB Maps/Google Maps work great!
    05-18-09 04:55 PM
    Welcome, definitely check out the leaked os's also I like google maps the most but you can check out more in this forum. http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/
    05-18-09 05:02 PM
    Google Maps.

BTW 4 faster browsing:

Browser > menu > options > browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js

+ in general properties: check enable js location support.
    05-18-09 05:07 PM

So glad to hear you are happy with it! I wasn't happy with vz navigator, so I got Garmin and its great. A little pricey,as noted, but works well.
    Enjoy the phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-18-09 05:28 PM
    I bought the Storm the day it came out and lived with it for a month and a half... then I had to get rid of it due to the .75 firmware and its bugs and lag... well I got the Storm bug again and bought another one and loaded .141 on it and am LOVING IT!! This is closer to what the phone should be... looking forward to 5.0 to come out!

Another good app for GPS is TeleNav... you have to pay for it... but it's good...
    05-18-09 05:41 PM
    Update that OS!

Google maps works fine, but my fav is the Garmin app. It's about $80 last I checked, but it's a one time charge (A hole lot cheaper than VZN's $10 per month) and well worth the money to me. Works perfect, great screen, great directions, searching, voice nav, traffic re-routing,e ven tells you all the gas stations near your current location with prices. I love it! WeatherBug has also been a great app for me and that one's free.

Grey
    05-18-09 06:21 PM
    Good luck with it, hopefully it doesn't give you the problems that it has given many other people

05-18-09 07:16 PM
    Happy Storming
    05-18-09 07:17 PM
    I'm picking mine up this week when new stock arrives at my local Best Buy. They ran out this past weekend. I have clients and friends who are very happy with their Storms, never complain. Sounds like the initial batch was bad and still in the system. I can't believe how many bad experiences are reported. My Curve 8330 lags at times & has its odd issues at times but most of the time it works fine. Looking for to the Storm and an OS update.
    05-18-09 09:51 PM
    Looking for to the Storm and an OS update.
    Good luck with that OS update. Let me know how that works out!
    05-19-09 12:43 AM
    Welcome!

Someone earlier mentioned BB Maps...
    It does seem to locate plenty of satellites & I like the little MPH figure it gives you as you are driving. Most might think that's lame, but I'm into that kinda stuff!
    05-19-09 12:48 AM
    Welcome!
    I recommend google maps, but it doesnt have turn by turn voice directions if that is what you are looking for.
    05-19-09 01:16 AM
    thanks for all the help so far! so far on day 2 i have had no problems.... i see the lag but thats ok for me.... i am a little slow myself!

transfigured! thanks for the tip... what you said was already done in my phone.. made it easy for me!
    05-19-09 03:03 PM
    I got my storm a few weeks ago n I love it I hated the slow .75 n my fiancée complains about it but I researched n I updated our OS n I love it, he still misses his iphone but hey 2 storms for 100$ wasn't bad n u can insurance on them! He dropped his iphone n the toilet lol n they wouldn't do anything for him I traded mine for a curve then switched to verizon for the storm deal hehe

05-19-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD