zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz
    Last edited by jwp5123; 11-14-11 at 12:00 AM.
    12-26-08 12:37 PM
    thats awesome. i am supposedly getting one the week of 1/5. This will be a good test for verizon CS because the rep offered to call me when i get back from vacation to organize getting the replacement sent out.
    12-26-08 12:41 PM
    That is good to hear! Thanks for the info.
    12-26-08 12:48 PM
    that's music to my ears!! my replacement is on the fed ex truck right now and coming to my house today so hopefully i have the same luck as you have...
    12-26-08 01:00 PM
    I bought my Storm the day it came out, and really didnt have any major problems at all, however lag was bad and sometimes my camera would pop up so I requested for a new one. It came today, and holy **** the thing works flawlessly. I can now understand how people are saying they can text fast on these things, because the one I had surely had something wrong with it because this is now extremely easy.

The phone is incredibly fast in general, and is running 4.7.0.75.
    I had to replace my first Storm and the second is so much better than the first, it's like night and day.
    12-26-08 01:05 PM
    Congragulations I'm hoping to get one be
    fore my 30 days are over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 01:06 PM
    Same here, if you got your Storm on the release date, I would reccomend swapping for a new one. I thought my Storm was good. I recieved my replacement on 12/24, what a difference.
    12-26-08 01:07 PM
    i got my replacement a few days ago but i just started using it because i had to wait for a replacement invisible shield before using it...

ANYWAYS the replacement phone fixes the screen clicking problem which is why i requested a replacement device in the first place. but now the bottom piece, where the mic is, below the buttons is kind of loose.

so my real question is do you guys think i should ask for another replacement device. would this be a potential problem?

i kind of dont want to get another replacement because i dont think zagg would send me another invisible shield for free... and it wasnt actually for free. i had to pay $5 for shipping.

soooo.... a little advice would be great!
    12-26-08 01:13 PM
    Congrats. Is your camera working any better? That is without the lag time issue? Thanks
    Last edited by hankl78; 12-26-08 at 01:25 PM.
    12-26-08 01:14 PM
    Congrats. Is your camera working any better? That is without the lag time issue? Thanks
    The camera still has lag when taking pictures, however has not randomly opened up without clicking on it as it has previously.

Recording videos also hasnt been a problem for me as of yet, on the older phone I would sometimes record a video and not be able to watch it, or it would randomly stop recording and freeze.
    12-26-08 01:28 PM
    I got mine on 12-11. I don't believe I should get a replacement should I? I would like to have the best hardware.

also, how would you get a replacement? can you call up verizon and just say you need one? and its free right because doesn't the storm come with a year warranty?
    12-26-08 01:44 PM
    So i;ve been playing with the phone some more, turns out there is no Application Center, there is no Browser, and no option to send MMS messages.
    12-26-08 01:47 PM
    i kind of dont want to get another replacement because i dont think zagg would send me another invisible shield for free... and it wasnt actually for free. i had to pay $5 for shipping.

soooo.... a little advice would be great!
    Zagg has a lifetime replacement guarantee on everything they sell. If you send them the old invisible shield, they will send you a new one for only the cost of shipping. This is detailed on their website, so you don't have to take my word for it.
    12-26-08 01:50 PM
    I read one of the Storm review on here before I bought mine and one of the guys said to do yourself a favor and play with the touch screen tap intervals, hover period and swipe sensitivity...he said customizing his made a HUGE difference. Perhaps your newer Storm has slightly different default settings for these and that's what has made the difference???

Does anyone know how the settings work? I mean, my tap interval, for example, is set at 400 right now. 400 what? What does moving it up (or down) do? My hover period is at 100...what does moving IT up or down do? Swipe sensitivity is at 3 and seems to be O.K.
    12-26-08 01:53 PM
    For those that received a replacement, did you receive a new Storm with original accessories and box or a refurbished one? I should be getting my replacement and am curious.

12-26-08 01:56 PM
    Thanks. I'm not having a video problem but the camera lag is really annoying.
    12-26-08 01:56 PM
    Thanks. I'm not having a video problem but the camera lag is really annoying.
    Ditto here. It seems to take 2-3 seconds to take a picture and trying to get my dog to hold his pose for that long is getting old.
    12-26-08 01:59 PM
    Another vote for horrific camera lag.

12-26-08 02:22 PM
    just got a replacement today...brought mine into the store and swapped it for a new one...I havent used it that much yet but from what i can tell, the screen clicks 10 times better than my first one. It also does not rattle around as much
    12-26-08 02:34 PM
    Received my 3rd replacement storm on 12/24 and each one improved on the last one. Got my original day after launch day on a BB preorder. It worked fine, aside from the screen being a little too stiff to type easily, until the send button got caught on the edge of the pouch case and ripped off (BTW, first phone made in Canada). Replacement came and screen was much softer although the phone itself and accelerometer seemed a little laggier. Also it had the yellowish tint that some of the other threads mentioned. Returned because it would get a stuck pixel which required a batt pull to reset. 2nd phone was made in Mexico. 3rd phone is awesome, very little lag, soft screen, no yellowish tint, and also less light leaking from the screen. (Another post mentions this as RIM correcting the problem with dust getting under the screen). This one also came with the updated OS (.75) and was made in Mexico. Very happy with this last one.

All three phones were new, I never got any refurbs. I have a feeling that stock on refurbs is still very low since there seems to have been some hardware improvements as well and upgrading them would take some time.

My recommendation is send it back if it's not 100% to your satisfaction. 2 years is a long time to deal with a phone that has irritating quirks with it.
    12-26-08 02:48 PM
    im debating getting a replacement...my biggest concern is pushing in the lower two corners, but i question whether or not everyone else's truly clicks there anyway

do people recommend going into the store, or can I just call CS?
    12-26-08 02:48 PM
    go into the store first, if they have any in stock you can switch right there. If they dont, then what they do is mark your account saying that they verified the defects, then you can call up VZ tech support and have a new one shipped to you
    12-26-08 02:54 PM
    Well would it be possible to do every thing over the phone?

12-26-08 03:17 PM
    no, tech support needs to verify that it does indeed have hardware problems, just to prevent people whose phones are fine from constantly replacing them. But dont worry about this, as long as you go in and explain to them youre having problems, there will be no issues in replacing it
    12-26-08 03:55 PM
    So i;ve been playing with the phone some more, turns out there is no Application Center, there is no Browser, and no option to send MMS messages.
    Sounds like you didn't re register your phone with the network.

Options >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing Table -- hit the blackberry button and go to "Register Now"
    12-26-08 04:11 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD