and it looks to be NEW!!!! I typed buyr in setting>>>>>status and got ....data=0.0k and talk=0.0.

Does this mean my phone is new? I had to get a replacement because my talk button would stick sometimes and they sent me a replacement. This replacement even has an even top. The other phone was alittle "off" up top by the ear piece, like on a slant.

This screen feels smooth like butter. This is my 4th replacement. RIM date was 5/2010.

Carlissa
    06-26-10 12:12 AM
    It is probably a refurbished unit they just look new. I can't tell new from refurbished when I have gotten one. As long as it works good who cares just enjoy it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 06:59 AM
    and it looks to be NEW!!!! I typed buyr in setting>>>>>status and got ....data=0.0k and talk=0.0.

Does this mean my phone is new? I had to get a replacement because my talk button would stick sometimes and they sent me a replacement. This replacement even has an even top. The other phone was alittle "off" up top by the ear piece, like on a slant.

This screen feels smooth like butter. This is my 4th replacement. RIM date was 5/2010.

Carlissa
    how did you do that ? Im getting a replacement today.
    06-26-10 07:12 AM
    Before I did anything with my phone I went to options>>>settings>>>status>>>bring up the keyboard and type>>buyr .....then scroll to the bottom and u will see ...data then talk. Mine said 0.0 for both!

Carlissa

06-26-10 07:18 AM
    It sounds like it may be a new one. I don't know if they reset the timers on some of the refurbs. If a replacement is ordered & they don't have any refurbs, sometimes they'll send out a new one instead of waiting for another refurb to come in.

Either way, like ESN said - if it works, enjoy it.
    06-26-10 10:53 AM
    yea, my replacement ended up being new too. I was amazed at how good the new screen actually was.
    06-26-10 12:23 PM
    I hit the jackpot when Asurion sent me an S2 in the factory-sealed Verizon box to replace my S1. They first send an S1 that was defective, and I mentioned to a really nice rep that I'd put off the S2 because I was waiting for the S3. They even threw in a car charger and a holster!
    06-26-10 02:23 PM
    Mine is a refurb but the counter was reset and the screen works flawlessly.
    06-26-10 02:33 PM
    My replacement was new as well with the actuators so the buttons are all bouncy and nice =)
    06-27-10 06:43 PM
    Not getting that menu. I go to options....there is no settings...but there is a status. And typing buyr from there does nothing.

06-28-10 11:46 AM
    Not getting that menu. I go to options....there is no settings...but there is a status. And typing buyr from there does nothing.

Options -> Status, Show keyboard *in landscape* and type buyr. Hide keyboard and you should see usage statistics added.
    06-28-10 12:02 PM
    Mine is a refurb but the counter was reset and the screen works flawlessly.
    I always wondered if they reset timers. Now I know. Thanks
    06-28-10 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD